Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I believe that if you do well on the tests your scores will be good. Some people are delusional thinking that without any preparation or any serious and smart (keyword) commitment they'll be able to get the scores they want. Everybody needs to prepare on their own special way, some people may study for 1 week and get the score they want, come people take the exam 8 times and fail. If you don't have exam taking skills, that will also weight against you. It's a combination of a lot of things.

Also, I never understood why people say give an exam, or even write an exam. I supposed it was some sort of British English or an incorrect translation. I've always said take an exam.

Well I am not that grammatically perfect to distinguish between give, take or write a test (studied in native language till grade 10) so the English I learned was starting class 12th and graduation and then at work (interesting note: The Poem 'Mary had a little lamb' was taught to us in grade 7 :))

Anyways, I appeared for my IELTS exam after preparing for one month. I prepared despite the knowledge that I have decent command in English and I scored Listening-8.5; Speaking-8; Reading-9; Writing-8. Preparation is the key. To compare, I scored Listening-7.5; Speaking-8; Reading-7; Writing-7 when I gave IELTS with minimal preparation back in October.

All the other talks of exam being rigged and biased against immigration etc conspiracy theories are there to distract your mind from putting the necessary work required to excel. I'd never pay any attention to it and rather prepare.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Well I am not that grammatically perfect to distinguish between give, take or write a test (studied in native language till grade 10) so the English I learned was starting class 12th and graduation and then at work (interesting note: The Poem 'Mary had a little lamb' was taught to us in grade 7 :))

Anyways, I appeared for my IELTS exam after preparing for one month. I prepared despite the knowledge that I have decent command in English and I scored Listening-8.5; Speaking-8; Reading-9; Writing-8. Preparation is the key. To compare, I scored Listening-7.5; Speaking-8; Reading-7; Writing-7 when I gave IELTS with minimal preparation back in October.

All the other talks of exam being rigged and biased against immigration etc conspiracy theories are there to distract your mind from putting the necessary work required to excel. I'd never pay any attention to it and rather prepare.
“When I took/wrote/sat ielts” not “gave”.
*wink* unless you’re the teacher or the examiner you do not give a test. A teacher gives a test to his/her students. An examiner gives a test to his/her test takers. In there is the difference.

But yes, preparation is key.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
hi All. Perhaps a very dumb question but I'd risk it as I wanted to be sure.

I am trying to update my CIC profile with my latest IELTS results. So I clicked on "Update Form" for "Study and Languages" section. Updated it with my latest IELTS score and then clicked on Save. The status shows as "Updated" but not Transmitted. In the very same page at the bottom I see options as "Continue" and "Save and Exit". Which one should I select to ensure the updates are submitted the right way? Please advise. I have for now selected as "Save and Exit".

But, I was curious to see what happens if I select "Continue". in this case I am taken to "Declaration and electronic signature page" where it asks me to put my First/Last name and submit. I am now confused which is the right way to ensure that my changes go in the system the correct way. Please advise.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi All. Perhaps a very dumb question but I'd risk it as I wanted to be sure.

I am trying to update my CIC profile with my latest IELTS results. So I clicked on "Update Form" for "Study and Languages" section. Updated it with my latest IELTS score and then clicked on Save. The status shows as "Updated" but not Transmitted. In the very same page at the bottom I see options as "Continue" and "Save and Exit". Which one should I select to ensure the updates are submitted the right way? Please advise. I have for now selected as "Save and Exit".

But, I was curious to see what happens if I select "Continue". in this case I am taken to "Declaration and electronic signature page" where it asks me to put my First/Last name and submit. I am now confused which is the right way to ensure that my changes go in the system the correct way. Please advise.
Use continue. Signature page is correct. If you do it today, your profile will get updated on Monday.

aonanuga002

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
“When I took/wrote/sat ielts” not “gave”.
*wink* unless you’re the teacher or the examiner you do not give a test. A teacher gives a test to his/her students. An examiner gives a test to his/her test takers. In there is the difference.

But yes, preparation is key.

Indians have a habit of using the word gave in inappropriate ways

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Indians have a habit of using the word gave in inappropriate ways
I’ve noticed.

The trick to score high is to use a varied vocabulary. Using synonyms, but also using them correctly. If you use a big word in the wrong way, you’re not gaining points for the big word. Your losing points for using it in the wrong context. Often when we go in too a test situation, we like to show off how good we are, and end up making huge mistakes instead. Similarily, you will have points deductions should you (general you) use small words out of context. The consistent misuse of give is a perfect example.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
For Sibling point -

My husband's sister has received her ITA and should receive a PR soon.

Is there a minimum time for which the sibling with PR has to be living in Canada before I can claim the points for it?

Or can I get the points as soon as she lands there and gets her address.

Please guide. I am relying on this.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
For ECA -

1. Does CES evaluate MBA from Symbiosis International University (India) as masters? Anyone who has received this before?

2. (Basic question Alert) - If I get my MBA evaluated as masters. Which category of education should I select on EE profile.

3. Previously I got my ECA from WES where they evaluated my MBA as 1 year diploma and not maters. If I get Masters evaluation from CES. Is it okay to have an EE profile with bachelor's from WES (with MBA not as masters) and MBA from CES? Or should I get both evaluated from CES?

Please guide.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
For ECA -

1. Does CES evaluate MBA from Symbiosis International University (India) as masters? Anyone who has received this before?

2. (Basic question Alert) - If I get my MBA evaluated as masters. Which category of education should I select on EE profile.

3. Previously I got my ECA from WES where they evaluated my MBA as 1 year diploma and not maters. If I get Masters evaluation from CES. Is it okay to have an EE profile with bachelor's from WES (with MBA not as masters) and MBA from CES? Or should I get both evaluated from CES?

Please guide.

1. I assume you are asking for full time 2 yrs MBA from SIU. IQAS was best bet, since they have suspended their service, next best should be CES. More on this thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/advice-on-eca-for-mba-from-symbiosis.614871/page-2

2. Masters.

3. ECA from two bodies is fine. However I would rather suggest to get 1 yr pg diploma removed from Wes and then attach Wes for bachelors and ces for masters OR just upload ces for masters ( assuming you won't send bachelors to ces)