+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 128th Draw

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
It's not like that. I'm dealing with a very important project here, and If I leave, that is gonna ruin my career. Moreover, I can't manage my huge international student loan and family back in my country without my Canadian job. I had the best grade in my program at Seneca College, I got a rewarding job that requires many years of experience, got involved in various projects for RBC, Toronto Hydro, IBM, etc, scored 9L 9R 8.5S 7.0W but still, Canada thinks I'm not a good candidate.
Relax man. You are just 23. Everything will seem like the end to you now. One project won’t make or break a career.
Even this answer will seem irritating to you but it’s the truth.

As long as you did your best, relax and put up with all the crap. If it’s meant to be, you will get what you need to keep you contended.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
464 is unexpected. People are loosing hope, some are optimistic, Nobody can be sure. I am frustrated too, I wanna smash my head on the wall man. However, Can any senior suggest possible scenario of B2B draw in dec. Lets say with current trend of PNPs and people in pool they successfully manage to keep CRS 460 till Mid November and B2B in December. How low it could go??? We never know how 2020 is going to start. If it start with the boost like last time thats good but right now only B2B can help. :(

How low it can go on B2B with 3900 in December guys!

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Previous draws were having pnp mostly from 12th July batch only, this draw contained from both batches 12th July + 1st August.
In next draw there will be no pnp from 12th July and u will see a decrease not very sharp though
There will be people from the 15th of August, those who got the NOI.

Reactions: Yemjim

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
464 is unexpected. People are loosing hope, some are optimistic, Nobody can be sure. I am frustrated too, I wanna smash my head on the wall man. However, Can any senior suggest possible scenario of B2B draw in dec. Lets say with current trend of PNPs and people in pool they successfully manage to keep CRS 460 till Mid November and B2B in December. How low it could go??? We never know how 2020 is going to start. If it start with the boost like last time thats good but right now only B2B can help. :(

How low it can go on B2B with 3900 in December guys!
Sorry for the stupid question but whats a B2B draw ?
Thanks

sys1user

Apr 30, 2019
PREDICTION FOR TODAY'S DRAW:

ITA’s : 3,600 OR 3,750
CRS: 460-461

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 459-461

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
I mention this in every thread and here we go again. CRS is on an unstoppable path up. It is not because of fake profiles, not because of any CIC conspiracy, or any other theory. May isn't the reason either. Its just a lot of people in the pool + other streams of entry (PNPs linked with EE).
Why is it so hard for folks to fathom that there are thousands of 30 year old masters educated people who are interested in Canada? Thats the profile of a CRS 460 candidate.

For everyone calling out for hope - PNPs (and perhaps just the OINP) are the only way out for a lot of people. Even here, cutoff scores are going to increase in the future. There's always enough accumulation that sporadic B2Bs will not help a bulk of candidates.

Where does that leave us?
1) Get into the pool quickly. Dont wait for x month to see where the score goes. Book the next IELTS slot if you havent maxed it already. Push to get your transcripts delivered quickly for faster ECAs. Get your spouse to take the IELTS etc. Dont wait.
2) Research NOCs. In-demand occupations dont change frequently. Each city has an established set of industries which are growing. Align your job responsibilities with these codes. Especially if you are interested in GTA
3) Don't speculate about scores going down, ITAs increasing etc. Assume that scores will go up over time. Anything else is a minor aberration and you wont know if you stand to benefit when it happens (e.g. B2B)
4) If you are below 455 today, buckle up. It'll be a long ride. The OINP firehose will continue strong through November. Then everything shuts down in mid-Dec, and with a new year, PNPs will start flowing again.
5) As of now, it looks like Jan - Mar will be the only window where we may see a dip in scores. (PNPs issued in 2020 will take a couple of months to flow through as nominations). There will be enough accumulation by then that even this dip may not be too much to push scores down.

All the best folks :)

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
When draw occurs back to back, not biweekly, They choose to have 3 draws in a month that lower CRS drastically
Thanks for replying @robin6869. If I am not wrong, October is supposed to host 3 draws, provided they happen every 2 weeks. In that case we might witness 2 other on 16th & 30th Oct, if thats what you call B2B. Nonetheless, my only wish is that all my brothers get ITA very soon, including me :)

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for replying @robin6869. If I am not wrong, October is supposed to host 3 draws, provided they happen every 2 weeks. In that case we might witness 2 other on 16th & 30th Oct, if thats what you call B2B. Nonetheless, my only wish is that all my brothers get ITA very soon, including me :)
thats all we want man, I said december or january, because last time they did it in january, May be to recover all wasted ITAs. Hoping miracle to happen

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
There are basically two main drivers for the rise in CRS points:
1.) Overall awareness of express entry program among potential immigrants
2.) Increase in internatational students who get PG open work permit in Canada

I have mentioned my thoughts in posts earlier based on my anecdotal interactions with the internatational students who are on work permit and applying for PR here. I thought to get some analysis on the actual data:

Facts and figures from Open Data Govt of Canada website

International students just from India:

Year - No. of new Study permits
2015 - 31,940
2016 - 52,670
2017 - 83,060
2018 - 107,290

Based on the above numbers, I will explain why the 2nd category is clearly the biggest force behind the push.

When a student completes his Canadian degree/diploma, s/he gets a 3 year work permit which lets them work for any employer in Canada. The first year of Canadian experience adds roughly 50 points, every year there after adds roughly 15 points.

In the year 2015, even if all 31,940 of the students completed their one year master by 2016, then after that completed their 1 year Canadian experience by 2017, they would take only 31,940 of the ITAs. These students with one year Canadian experience would easily get above 450 points.

Now let us take the student numbers from 2017 - They completed their education by 2018, completed one year Canadian experiency by 2019 July, and now getting in the pool. These are the ex-students who are getting into the pool right now, including getting ITAs in today's draw. You have 83,060 ex-students with Canadian experience from 2017 intake and an ITA target of little bit more than that. You hardly have any extra slots left over. Next year will be even worse with 107,290 students getting in the pool, you actually have more potential CEC candidates than the total ITAs available.

Granted that not all 83,060 would be masters students and not all will have one year experience, but we are talking about only students from India. The total count of students from all over the world in 2017 is... wait of it... 315,540. Yes, enough to take all the ITAs 3 times over. Not all are ideal express entry candidates with Canadian experience so there are some slots still available for those with high CRS. But sooner or later they will start completing Canadian experience as they utilize their 3 year open work permit they earned by completing their Candian degrees.

As we have more of the international students successfully finding jobs and completing their Canadian experience years in the coming months, the CRS will keep climbing.

This is not to discourage anyone, but just an attempt to help explain why the CRS is being driven higher. I see the question being asked often why is the CRS going higher? Unfortunately in the long run it is not a temporary phenomenon. In the short term if we have a B2B draw, defintely the score will come down, but based on the numbers you can see next year we will see even more candidates with higher scores completing their Canadian experience. Long term trend of higher CRS is here to stay unfortunately. In 2018 the number of total International students went up from 315,540 in 2017 to 355,800 in 2018 (107,290 from India alone, I emphasize on the India numbers as generally they tend to do masters or post graduate diploma that will count as 2 or more degrees which will get higher points and are very likely to apply for PR). Most of those 355,800 would have completed their canadian course by July 2019 and will be on track to get Canadian work experience by august 2020

Last edited:

sys1user

Apr 30, 2019
This. Plus every international MS student in the US and their dog are applying through EE.

There are basically two main drivers for the rise in CRS points:
1.) Overall awareness of express entry program among potential immigrants
2.) Increase in internatational students who get PG open work permit in Canada

I have mentioned my thoughts in posts earlier based on my anecdotal interactions with the internatational students who are on work permit and applying for PR here. I thought to get some analysis on the actual data:

Facts and figures from Open Data Govt of Canada website

International students just from India:

Year - No. of new Study permits
2015 - 31,940
2016 - 52,670
2017 - 83,060
2018 - 107,290

Based on the above numbers, I will explain why the 2nd category is clearly the biggest force behind the push.

When a student completes his Canadian degree/diploma, s/he gets a 3 year work permit which lets them work for any employer in Canada. The first year of Canadian experience adds roughly 50 points, every year there after adds roughly 15 points.

In the year 2015, even if all 31,940 of the students completed their one year master by 2016, then after that completed their 1 year Canadian experience by 2017, they would take only 31,940 of the ITAs. These students with one year Canadian experience would easily get above 450 points.

Now let us take the student numbers from 2017 - They completed their education by 2018, completed one year Canadian experiency by 2019 July, and now getting in the pool. These are the ex-students who are getting into the pool right now, including getting ITAs in today's draw. You have 83,060 ex-students with Canadian experience from 2017 intake and an ITA target of little bit more than that. You hardly have any extra slots left over. Next year will be even worse with 107,290 students getting in the pool, you actually have more potential CEC candidates than the total ITAs available.

Granted that not all 83,060 would be masters students and not all will have one year experience, but we are talking about only students from India. The total count of students from all over the world in 2017 is... wait of it... 315,540. Yes, enough to take all the PRs 3 times over. Not all are ideal express entry candidates with Canadian experience so there are some slots still available for those with high CRS. But sooner or later they will start completing Canadian experience as they utilize their 3 year open work permit they earned by completing their Candian degrees.

As we have more of the international students successfully finding jobs and completing their Canadian experience years in the coming months, the CRS will keep climbing.

This is not to discourage anyone, but just an attempt to help explain why the CRS is being driven higher. I see the question being asked often why is the CRS going higher? Unfortunately in the long run it is not a temporary phenomenon. In the short term if we have a B2B draw, defintely the score will come down, but based on the numbers you can see next year we will see even more candidates with higher scores completing their Canadian experience. In 2018 the number of total International students went up from 315,540 in 2017 to 355,800 in 2018 (107,290 from India alone, I emphasize on the India numbers as generally they tend to do masters or post graduate diploma that will count as 2 or more degrees which will get higher points and are very likely to apply for PR).

Reactions: Yemjim

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Alright. With all the talk about B2B Draw this year in addition to expected December B2B what are the chances. So being an accountant a numbers guy I decided to forecast if it is possible that CIC might conduct a surprise B2B draw?. Below is my analysis.

So, let start with how many invitations will be issued in 2019 with routine draw:
  • 67,300 (Invitations issued so far) + 3900*6 (assuming no B2B) = 90,700
  • So, this means that CIC will be issuing 9,300 in excess of their target of 81.400.
Last Year Scenario of Target vs Invitations issued:
  • last year target was 74,900 invitations issued where 89,800. invitations in excess of the target were 14,900. To cover for rejections, wasted ITA due to fake profiles etc.
Predicting possibility of a B2B:
  • Possibility 1: Assuming that CIC plans to issue 14,900 invitations in excess of targeted like last year. This would mean 5200 more ITAs in addition to regular draws. Assuming that there is FST Draw with 600 invitation and 600 PNP Only draw. Historically this has happened with one FST Draw in 2018 this happened in May 2018. This would mean 4000 more invitations to be given. So there is possibility of 3,900 more invitations to make up that number. Probability of this happening seems remote.
  • Possibility 2: Assuming 94,000 is the targeted ITA for this year. This would mean a B2B draw with 3300. Probability of this happening seems possible.

Keep your fingers crossed. Although there is no need for a B2B draw but there is a possibility for it happening.

Last edited:

TD0911

Sep 5, 2019
Canadian dream is fading away.....for below 450’s
Below 450 is a far cry ....mid 450s has become totally questionable now!

Sitting at 454...it’s heartbreaking because my student/work visa expires in about a year in USA and no sign of H1B approval either.

God pls look up and let the crs score drop now!!!