+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 126th Draw

Abhishek9022

May 2, 2019
My score is 462
Profile created on 24th August.
Will I get an invite under the tie breaker?
Little confused, if YES please explain why

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
My score is 462
Profile created on 24th August.
Will I get an invite under the tie breaker?
Little confused, if YES please explain why
The way I interpret is that those before aug 29th would get the tie breaker in their favor. Since you are aug 24th you should be in.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Can you explain.
And how much time it takes to get an ITA

Thanks in advance
Tie-breaking rule: August 29, 2019 at 07:57:13 UTC
Minimum score: 462
Limit: 3600 invites

Any score above the cut-off will not come in to tie-break, as they are already above the score. Tie-break applies only for the minimum cut-off score, when there are more profiles then they can invite. For eg, out of 3600, if there 250 profiles in 462 and they have only 160 ITA's left, then they will select the profiles that are in top 160 based solely on the time of submission...everyone with 462 that submitted after the time breaker date/time will likely not get invited.

You submitted well before tie breaker date (29th) so you're definitely fine.

Invitations can take up to 24hs..I got email notice 2hs after last draw

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhishek9022

anum.abidi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
FSW
Sorry to hear. Congrats on today's draw!
If you don't mind sharing, what did your PCC not have?
Thank you so much!
In my country, they issue PCC as per the permanent address on your National ID document. I have two CNIC. One from before I got married and one from after (which has my new permanent address). My PCC, issued on my new cnic only mentioned the period since I moved to this new address and does not mention the period prior to that. IRCC rejected the application stating that the PCC needs to cover all the years I spent in my country since I turned 18. So now I also have to get another PCC issued on my old CNIC that has my old address where I stayed all the years before I got married.
I am not sure how it works in other countries though. :)

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Thank you so much!
In my country, they issue PCC as per the permanent address on your National ID document. I have two CNIC. One from before I got married and one from after (which has my new permanent address). My PCC, issued on my new cnic only mentioned the period since I moved to this new address and does not mention the period prior to that. IRCC rejected the application stating that the PCC needs to cover all the years I spent in my country since I turned 18. So now I also have to get another PCC issued on my old CNIC that has my old address where I stayed all the years before I got married.
I am not sure how it works in other countries though. :)
Yeah that's weird. Must be country specific.
Anyways at least you have all your paperwork. Good luck!!