+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 126th Draw

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The single biggest factor keeping scores high is the sheer number of highly qualified individuals who are constantly joining the pool. As some of you have said, this is a direct result of the extremely harsh US immigration policy, as well as the increasing anti-immigrant sentiment in that country.

A lot of people who would never have considered Canada are now applying for Express Entry - many of them are staying put in the US and hoping things improve, but some are actually moving here. There's also a large influx of workers - all the big US tech companies are furiously expanding their Canadian offices because they cannot afford to lose talent due to capricious H1B policies. These workers then become eligible for EE after spending a year here.

From Canada's perspective I suppose it's a good thing that we are a more attractive immigration/international student destination. However, it's certainly painful if you're in the 450s and there's a constant stream of 480+ people joining. If you're in your late 20s, have worked 3 years, have a Master's and a high IELTS score, you will get 480. And that profile is exactly what tens of thousands of people in the US have - they moved for grad school in their early 20s, started working as soon as they graduated, and have high IELTS scores. Five years ago, none of these people would have considered Canada, but times are different now.

I don't agree with the sentiment that IRCC is somehow deliberately keeping scores up. The pool numbers, the targets, and the full breakdown are all public information, so unless you feel that those numbers are fake, it's pretty clear to see that more and more high scoring people are joining the pool. Yes, if the Minister doubles the immigration target the scores will fall - conversely they will rise if the targets get smaller. But IRCC can't control who is joining the pool.

In my opinion, the coming Canadian federal election and next year's US election will have a major impact on what happens next. Personally, I would hope that all talented and qualified EE candidates make it through. As long as you have done everything you can on your end (maximized CRS points), the rest will come down to luck and geopolitical issues that no one can predict or control (for e.g if post-Brexit (if that happens) tons of people from the UK start applying as well.. OTOH, if the US settles down, that will cause scores to drop).

I hope that you don't lose hope and begin to despair. Things change all the time. Wait and see.

Last edited:

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
only 395 people in 600+ and pull the score from 457 to 463??

I think 451- 600 are the one who contributes this 463 score, so PNP not really the main factor but it is important

CIC is not really doing this on purpose ~ I just want to say more 451-457 people are fighting hard to become 460 club

Agreed, in ROH 124 itself seen 6-7 people jumped from 450+ to 460+

Reactions: Dheana90

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Just to give another perspective - many, many people in US with CRS ~ 460 are applying as a back up option. H1 rejection rates are at an an all time high and it's not helping this pool.

May of my friends (couples with 3+ yrs workex and Masters) are just getting ITA and PR as a temp backup in case something happens.

Yes, this is the reality in US these days, even H4 EAD is on hold these days so many working couples are going to Canada.

Reactions: hypervariate123

jp3189n

Sep 4, 2017
Can someone help me with this query. My wife’s IELTS will expire on Sept 30, I told her to retake it after I was sure we were next in line for ITA but now I’m not sure if a expired IELTS is a cause for getting us out of the pool (if I don’t update the score before it expires). What do you think we should do?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got an ITA 3 draws ago, applied for PR, got rejected because documents (police certificate) were incomplete. Applied for EE again, my score is sufficient for this draw. Will I get an ITA? or can they not give me ITA because my previous application was rejected?
Which country police certificate was incomplete and what was the exact reason?

JC147

Sep 4, 2019
I am so disappointed with the newest CSR score. I just cannot believe how the score could just go up back to 460+ after a 2-week gap.

On 30 Aug, there were only 395 people above 601, let's assume 600 people above 601 when the draw happened.
and 7500 people between 451-600.

After the draw, 600 + 3000, so there are approximately 4500 people who have a score between 451 and 463 left in the pool. Is it possible? ONLY 4500 people? I don't believe it...

Anyway, just feel disappointed, and the score looks a bit suspicious to me.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Which country police certificate was incomplete and what was the exact reason?
Same happened to us, got ITA on Aug 12, I mistakenly uploaded photo instead of police certificate. Had to create all again, got ITA today. Explain in LOE

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
Welcome to the club,bro...

I was in Australia,too...waiting for ITA but my 485 visa already expired and feel like no hope for accountant.
That’s every occupations story in 2019.. Btw I’m an accountant as well still in Australia, back on a student visa (working on my Canadian backup)

Reactions: Dheana90

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
I am so disappointed with the newest CSR score. I just cannot believe how the score could just go up back to 460+ after a 2-week gap.

On 30 Aug, there were only 395 people above 601, let's assume 600 people above 601 when the draw happened.
and 7500 people between 451-600.

After the draw, 600 + 3000, so there are approximately 4500 people who have a score between 451 and 463 left in the pool. Is it possible? ONLY 4500 people? I don't believe it...

Anyway, just feel disappointed, and the score looks a bit suspicious to me.
This is really heartbreaking seems like the Canadian dream is coming to end, need to move on in life. :(

JC147

Sep 4, 2019
Welcome to the club,bro...

I was in Australia,too...waiting for ITA but my 485 visa already expired and feel like no hope for accountant.
SAME HERE!!

Now I think there are many people who are living in AU or hoping to get PR there are applying for EE too (me included). Because now it is impossible to get PR in AU for the majority of the candidates.

Last edited: