+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Did anyone notice how CIC sneakily decreased the number of ITA's from 3900 to 3350 in January?
In the first two draws of the year i.e Jan 9 and Jan 23, the number of ITA's issued was 3900. And every draw after that came with 3350 ITA's.

This information might not seem much but I believe CIC is up to something, which can be allowing a steady build up of candidates above 430's so that the CRS might not stabilise at a cut off lower than what they desire.

I mean look at it this way. They sure want more immigrants, and the target is higher this year, but they want rather better equipped immigrants.
These recent draws with abnoramly high cut offs are thus, in my opinion, an effort to create a bottleneck. They just can't open the floodgates. They have to take control. 'Planned Immigration' isn't it?

The silver lining though, they can't keep doing this forever. Also, they have achieved what they set out to do (allowing the build up of candidates). So, sooner, they ll have to increase the ITA's, in their own interest. And as a consequence of that, CRS will fall, and for a time stabilise at 440's like always. It just has to. Makes no sense otherwise. Also, they can't fill up the target without dropping to 440's even if they conduct no draws till the last week of December and then conduct a mega draw issuing the entirety of residuary ITA's. The maths just won't agree to that!

35100 ITA's issued. Mean target 86000. 6 months to go. That comes down to 8500 450+ candidates each month. Just no way can they achieve target with just 450+.

Senior members, any views on this? :D
The alwats start the year at a low number of itas then increase it by q3

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
The alwats start the year at a low number of itas then increase it by q3
Exactly. Then why did they decrease the number of ITA's post the Jan 23 draw?
Not that we can really ask questions, or that it will help our cause but this really peaked my interest!

prin999

May 3, 2019
Hello Guys,

I been closely monitoring this forum 'Ray of Hope' - 118th and 119th. You guys have great insights, I'm especially happy to see that everyone is united and help each other in-spite of the differences. Cheers!

You wont believe, I had to decline my ITA because I couldn't get Indian PCC on time. Now I'm back in the pool my score decreased by 5 points to 452, happy birthday to me.

I have two options:
1. Wait for cutoff to decrease to 452.
2. If my wife writes IELTS our score will increase to at least 470.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance.

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Guys please correct me if I am wrong.
The 240 applications adding up daily basis is 440+ right?
It’s not 450+
So we can expect this all most many 450+ backlog in EE pool to be clear off in 4 regular draws. (If there’s no 3 weeks gap in future).
451+, not 440+

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Oh no no no. They exceeded their 2018 target. Their maximum ceiling for FSW immigrants was 74900. They issued 89800 ITA's!! (Now obviously not all ITA's convert to PR but still that's a good way to gauge their mindset).
They compensate for wasted itas
I really hope for the score to drop soon

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

I been closely monitoring this forum 'Ray of Hope' - 118th and 119th. You guys have great insights, I'm especially happy to see that everyone is united and help each other in-spite of the differences. Cheers!

You wont believe, I had to decline my ITA because I couldn't get Indian PCC on time. Now I'm back in the pool my score decreased by 5 points to 452, happy birthday to me.

I have two options:
1. Wait for cutoff to decrease to 452.
2. If my wife writes IELTS our score will increase to at least 470.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance.
go with option 2, as ur wife's ielts will take abt month by tht u will be more clear abt chances of 452 crs... N u will have backup to cross 470 without any delay...

Reactions: prin999

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Oh no no no. They exceeded their 2018 target. Their maximum ceiling for FSW immigrants was 74900. They issued 89800 ITA's!! (Now obviously not all ITA's convert to PR but still that's a good way to gauge their mindset).
74900 was a number of landed immigrants. Offcourse, not every issued ITA converts to a PR, which is why they issue extra ITAs. It was the same case in 2017 as well as 2018. We are hoping for the same in 2019 and that's why we r high on hopes. Based on the same logic we can confidently say that atleast 94000 ITAs will be issued.

Reactions: NikSharma01

Priyasehgal22

Nov 13, 2016
So, with 457 I have very less chances to get an ITA in this draw?
What if it happénes they don't go with back to back draws after this?
The crs cut off score would be still high?

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
74900 was a number of landed immigrants. Offcourse, not every issued ITA converts to a PR, which is why they issue extra ITAs. It was the same case in 2017 as well as 2018. We are hoping for the same in 2019 and that's why we r high on hopes. Based on the same logic we can confidently say that atleast 94000 ITAs will be issued.
Exactly! The ceiling for this year is 86000. Even if they issue just 86000, even then CRS has to drop to at least mid 440's.
There has been lots of disappointment in this forum after recent rounds, but that's just shortsightedness.

No offence, but take a look at the bigger picture! You ll see not just a 'ray of hope' rather then entire Sun gleaming in its full glory. ;)

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
As per CIC guidelines, the applicant does not need to demonstrate whether they meet the minimum requirements mentioned in the NOC occupational description or not.
Those are just to guide you about your employability once you land in CN as a Permanent Resident and start looking for a job under that NOC.

As far as the validity of the work experience is concerned, the only thing that matters is that your reference letter should contain at least 60% of the job duties mentioned in that NOC against which you are claiming your experience (unless your NOC is a regulated one i.e you need a license to practice in such, then you would have to demonstrate that you have the requisite permit/license.)

I hope this adequately resolves your query. :)
Ah, Yes that does help, Thanks a lot. Its been on my mind for a while, Got my NOI from Ontario and well, the mind went into overdrive. just crossing my T's. Thanks once again.