+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
No they won't. But, why do that? I mean if you are just doing that for immigration purposes why not get the funds as a 'gift' from your father when you get an ITA. That would be the better route plus you won't have to explain that while filing your ITR.
thanks, i will do that. I deleted this post btw and posted it in the thread for Proof of funds.

Reactions: gursimran walia

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Guys please correct me if I am wrong.
The 240 applications adding up daily basis is 440+ right?
It’s not 450+
So we can expect this all most many 450+ backlog in EE pool to be clear off in 4 regular draws. (If there’s no 3 weeks gap in future).

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Okay so I have a question, I applied under the 0111 NOC - Financial Manager, Because that's my title and it best describes my role. But I am only showing my current job that i have held for the past 4.5 (Jan 2015) years as proof of work experience. I didn't get favourable response from my old company and so decided to let that go. In my EE profile however, I selected "has been competent since 2010" that's when I got my masters, So here is my question, would this be a problem down the road as 0111 is a Management role as per CIC, would they reject my application because I didn't prove how I got there? or the fact that I meet the minimum educational requirements coupled with my reference letters is good enough. I have heard people getting rejected in the past for NOC mismatch and was wondering what you all thought of the subject.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Guys, one quick question on NOC. Mine is 2174 but my designation is Sr. Manager. I should be able to get the reference letter to match 2174 roles, but will the VO question the mismatch in title and role? I am on WP on 2174. Do I have to ask my employer to change the NOC? Am bit worried.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Guys, one quick question on NOC. Mine is 2174 but my designation is Sr. Manager. I should be able to get the reference letter to match 2174 roles, but will the VO question the mismatch in title and role? I am on WP on 2174. Do I have to ask my employer to change the NOC? Am bit worried.
title does not matter. they look at responsibilities/duties.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Okay so I have a question, I applied under the 0111 NOC - Financial Manager, Because that's my title and it best describes my role. But I am only showing my current job that i have held for the past 4.5 (Jan 2015) years as proof of work experience. I didn't get favourable response from my old company and so decided to let that go. In my EE profile however, I selected "has been competent since 2010" that's when I got my masters, So here is my question, would this be a problem down the road as 0111 is a Management role as per CIC, would they reject my application because I didn't prove how I got there? or the fact that I meet the minimum educational requirements coupled with my reference letters is good enough. I have heard people getting rejected in the past for NOC mismatch and was wondering what you all thought of the subject.
noc should match the current work exp you claim points for. old jobs dont matter.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
noc should match the current work exp you claim points for. old jobs dont matter.
Hmm, well that's what I was thinking too, how important is it to match the ëmployment requirements"in a given NOC, for example with 0111, you need a bachelores degree and a masters in finance, both of which i have, but it also says.

• Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
This is the part that is troubling me, Would this effect my application.

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I’m so delighted to tell you all that I got a PNP nomination from Ontario :)

God has really tested hard my patience since long and as you guys also know, I’ve been waiting since Jan 30th draw at 450 score. Finally, it’s now paid off.

You won’t imagine I was thinking to retake IELTS yesterday to gain a few more points and was about to book the test for June 29th. I just randomly checked my account and saw this wonderful gift by God which made me realised - Yes, God is standing next to us!!

Trust him and believe in yourself. Like I always say, “It’s not over until you WIN”.

NOC - 0124
Nomination - Ontatio
Date & time of Invite - May 31, 11.56pm (IST)
CRS- 450

@skg1988 @Shishir Chandra Kumar @NikSharma01 @IeltsDream2019 @SeniorStakes @prsingh @pessacanada @SithLord @Dheana90 @LKRYA @EnthuChap @Lazybug
Hey Nitin,
WOW! Very happy for you and please accept my heartiest congratulations buddy. Your patience and believe have paid off. It's just a matter of $1500, an additional topping on a pizza, and you would be capable of writing - do I stand a chance to get an ITA with 1000+ points? LOL. Please keep us updated.

It would surely give you a mental peace and lot of positive energy to nail down the ITA even before you receive 600 points as every draw, since feb, has kept shattering our hopes.

It's time for you to book a dinner table for your loved ones.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hmm, well that's what I was thinking too, how important is it to match the ëmployment requirements"in a given NOC, for example with 0111, you need a bachelores degree and a masters in finance, both of which i have, but it also says.

• Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.

As per CIC guidelines, the applicant does not need to demonstrate whether they meet the minimum requirements mentioned in the NOC occupational description or not.
Those are just to guide you about your employability once you land in CN as a Permanent Resident and start looking for a job under that NOC.

As far as the validity of the work experience is concerned, the only thing that matters is that your reference letter should contain at least 60% of the job duties mentioned in that NOC against which you are claiming your experience (unless your NOC is a regulated one i.e you need a license to practice in such, then you would have to demonstrate that you have the requisite permit/license.)

I hope this adequately resolves your query. :)

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey Nitin,
WOW! Very happy for you and please accept my heartiest congratulations buddy. Your patience and believe have paid off. It's just a matter of $1500, an additional topping on a pizza, and you would be capable of writing - do I stand a chance to get an ITA with 1000+ points? LOL. Please keep us updated.

It would surely give you a mental peace and lot of positive energy to nail down the ITA even before you receive 600 points as every draw, since feb, has kept shattering our hopes.

It's time for you to book a dinner table for your loved ones.
Thanks my lovely friend, so nice to have such comments, appreciated.

Well, I hope you guys won't mind when I'll post - "Do I get a chance with 1,050 to get an ITA this time, I'm really tensed". Lol!!

I hope you all get your ITA's soon, my best wishes are always with you. Good luck!

royalking

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Congratulation to all who received noi or PNP invites from Ontario,
dear seniors and statics analyst what chance do the people who have maxed out at 450 and below hold if draw happens this Wednesday and if it continue the regular pattern of 14 days when could they get ITA

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Did anyone notice how CIC sneakily decreased the number of ITA's from 3900 to 3350 in January?
In the first two draws of the year i.e Jan 9 and Jan 23, the number of ITA's issued was 3900. And every draw after that came with 3350 ITA's.

This information might not seem much but I believe CIC is up to something, which can be allowing a steady build up of candidates above 430's so that the CRS might not stabilise at a cut off lower than what they desire.

I mean look at it this way. They sure want more immigrants, and the target is higher this year, but they want rather better equipped immigrants.
These recent draws with abnoramly high cut offs are thus, in my opinion, an effort to create a bottleneck. They just can't open the floodgates. They have to take control. 'Planned Immigration' isn't it?

The silver lining though, they can't keep doing this forever. Also, they have achieved what they set out to do (allowing the build up of candidates). So, sooner, they ll have to increase the ITA's, in their own interest. And as a consequence of that, CRS will fall, and for a time stabilise at 440's like always. It just has to. Makes no sense otherwise. Also, they can't fill up the target without dropping to 440's even if they conduct no draws till the last week of December and then conduct a mega draw issuing the entirety of residuary ITA's. The maths just won't agree to that!

35100 ITA's issued. Mean target 86000. 6 months to go. That comes down to 8500 450+ candidates each month. Just no way can they achieve target with just 450+.

Senior members, any views on this? :D

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I'm at 455 and I'm stressed out
When I started preparing in january it seemed easy but with the current cuttoffs I'm panicking
I'm considering going solo which will give me 459
I'm also hoping for two b2b draws which will lower the cuttoff to 450 but worried of one b2b then three weeks draw

Reactions: royalking

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I'm at 455 and I'm stressed out
When I started preparing in january it seemed easy but with the current cuttoffs I'm panicking
I'm considering going solo which will give me 459
I'm also hoping for two b2b draws which will lower the cuttoff to 450 but worried of one b2b then three weeks draw
You are good. Just give it a month.