+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Okay.
So the recent draw hit us all in the jaw. But it was expected, right?
I mean, this draw occurred almost a month after the previous. Things could have been worse, like imagine what could have happened to the CRS if this week was also a FSTW or PNP draw?

Also, what's up with the negativity and disheartening posts.
Remember how as kids, we used to patiently wait for our birthdays just because we knew we would get lots of presents?
Or how many of us have saved money just to be able to buy an expensive phone or car someday?

Good things don't fall in like that in your lap, now do they?
And how can you really expect to enjoy a meal, if you are not hungry?

The more the wait, the more the work you put in, the better the achievement feels.

The sky might have turned overcast for now, but the ray of hope will soon pierce through.

Reminds me of a line from a famous Led Zeppelin song -
''A new day will dawn, for those who stand long, and the forests will echo with laughter".

Just stay strong, and don't give in to paranoia. Blue skies await. :)

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Do we need ITA to get our PCC? Will someone at PSK ask about it?
No. It isn't a requirement. Though they can ask you the purpose for getting PCC to which you ll reply as 'immigration to Canada'.

Also, if you can, get it from your police station/seva kendra (or whatever they call those in your area). They are faster, cheaper and more convenient (at least where i live).

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
@IeltsDream2019

I am writing here after a considerable time. Let me tell you this:

1. Attempting Canada PR since 2015, been viewing on ROH Even before you were born on this thread. Spouse 9 and self 3 Ielts attempts. Maxed out everything. Both of us working in high pressure jobs with 2 growing kids.
2. Age closing to 40. Current CRS 446, losing another 5 in July.
3. Started off with CRS 402, went to 406 when the cutoff reached 413 in May 2017. Reached 435 in 2018, lost 5 to reach 431 in last July, and the scores never went below that. Got another 15 sibling points this April to reach 446, was hoping the scores would drop from 450 in sometime before July.
4. Never received OINP NOI for whatever their criteria, was always in the score range. So no luck with PNP either.

STILL FEELING SUICIDAL? Grow up and move on, take it with a pinch of salt. You are your world and not what’s happening around. It is taxing at times, but know this, not everyone gets everything. Try looking at people below you (in real life also, not just at low CRS scorer’s : LOL), and I bet you will be happy and thankful.

Catch hold of your thoughts man!! Things come and go!!

not all dreams turn real... and I tell you from my experience.. I dreamt of Miss World for my life, but didn’t get her..!!

PS: Just relaxing you and everyone here, a bit after the 470 cutoff draw, no offence meant to anyone.

Thanks.
All sounds good but why were you dreaming of Miss World instead of Miss Universe :).. your dreams reached that far so could have gone one notch up too :D

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Have people thought through life after getting ITA/PR... Have people seen rental rates in Toronto Ottawa Vancouver...

I mean once you see what challenges are coming ahead this CRS score looks like cakewalk

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
The chances of PNP or FSW is very low. If you look at historic data, PNP or FSW draws happen once in the middle of the year and once close to the end of the year. For this year, the middle year one already happened so we are safe.
Don't look at historic data, just realize this actual situation. Lots of people are getting nominations, if CIC wants only PNP (I hope that's not coming) they may organize PNP draw anytime.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Have people thought through life after getting ITA/PR... Have people seen rental rates in Toronto Ottawa Vancouver...

I mean once you see what challenges are coming ahead this CRS score looks like cakewalk
They will see that after PPR and CoPR. For now no space in their brain for such things.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Keep yourself motivated dear!

Let me give you a little note about my journey. It's been more than a year since I'm in this race. I cleared my exam in the second attempt back in August 2018. I could have been entered the pool much earlier, unfortunately I wasn't having an ECA report for my credentials.

My CRS is 444 and in 2018 cut-off revolved around it only. I opted for ECA in September 2018 and thought it would be done within 3 months, however I got stucked in the secondary verification process. (reason: WES changed its rule about not to accept documents sent directly by the applicants).

So, this way the ECA journey was stretched to 5 months and I got it this year only on 1st February 2019. Lol, but damage was already done, as I missed the January 30th draw with a close hit. I entered into the pool on 5th Feb. I was quute confident about my chance, but then another tragedy hapoend that was 3-weeks gap and the cut off went high 457. Due to which we're still suffering and now 444 seems a distant dream for Canada. At certain point, I got a feeling of being unlucky because right after my entrance in pool score spiked to later 450s.

Now, I'm up for another shot of IELTS but still quite sceptical about my chances in future whether I will make it or not. Anyways, someday our time will come, God is there watching our efforts. He won't let it be wasted! Remember, "Failure is a fog through which we glimpse triumph! "
So stay positive and keep your chin up.
I had a similar story but was little lucky towards the end. I got IELTS results in Oct 2018. However, at this point, my wife did not have passport... Lol.. there was me with two passports (one expired) and she without any :)

Therefore, I applied through normal mode instead of Tatkaal - to save 1500 rupees...yes, it was stupid of me to act miser on this front !!!!!. It took 3 weeks instead of one week, which resulted in delay in booking IELTS exam for her. We booked 5 Jan exam instead of 16 Dec and on 25 Dec, she had to undergo an emergency surgery which resulted in further delay. Finally, we booked 19 Jan whose result came on 1 Feb. On 1 Feb, we had a score of 451 but since we missed the 30 Jan draw, it resulted in a huge delay of 3 months to get ITA.

Had I applied Tatkaal passport for her, she would have given exam before her medical surgery and we would have gotten ITA much earlier.

On the WES front too, I acted miser -
1. Waited for positive IELTS result before booking WES evaluation.
2. Used a normal free delivery (instead of $25 courier) to send my transcripts from Stanford University to WES. The mail took 21 days to reach Toronto.

Fortunately, WES was not the weakest link in the chain. The final delay was caused due to delay in my wife's IELTS.

Lessons learnt - don't act miser when time is not on your side.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014

Haha.
Yeah it's a huge challenge.. I got my ITA in Sept 2018 and submitted my documents on 17th Sept 2018 and still waiting for my PR