+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I had a similar story but was little lucky towards the end. I got IELTS results in Oct 2018. However, at this point, my wife did not have passport... Lol.. there was me with two passports (one expired) and she without any :)

Therefore, I applied through normal mode instead of Tatkaal - to save 1500 rupees...yes, it was stupid of me to act miser on this front !!!!!. It took 3 weeks instead of one week, which resulted in delay in booking IELTS exam for her. We booked 5 Jan exam instead of 16 Dec and on 25 Dec, she had to undergo an emergency surgery which resulted in further delay. Finally, we booked 19 Jan whose result came on 1 Feb. On 1 Feb, we had a score of 451 but since we missed the 30 Jan draw, it resulted in a huge delay of 3 months to get ITA.

Had I applied Tatkaal passport for her, she would have given exam before her medical surgery and we would have gotten ITA much earlier.

On the WES front too, I acted miser -
1. Waited for positive IELTS result before booking WES evaluation.
2. Used a normal free delivery (instead of $25 courier) to send my transcripts from Stanford University to WES. The mail took 21 days to reach Toronto.

Fortunately, WES was not the weakest link in the chain. The final delay was caused due to delay in my wife's IELTS.

Lessons learnt - don't act miser when time is not on your side.
Its human nature! After the damage is already done, we always think about the possibilities such as: we should have done this or that! However, its no use of crying over spilled milk.

I too had the same viewpoint back then, didn't submit my WES application untill I was done with the IELTS exam. Another worst thing which I had done is; I sent the transcripts by myself instead of the Institutions in order to save 8000/- and 2000/- from my respective universities. I was too dumb. Had I done that, I would have got the ITA in Dec or Jan 2019.

Reactions: prsingh

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I heard the same. Finding a job and starting your life in a new place is not easy.
I every now and then spend some time looking at Which city, where i will be staying, where i will be working... how will i get rental apartment if i dont have employment letter, Canada bank credit score etc etc.

Thing which gets me most is thinking about living in BASEMENT. 8/10 immigrants live in basements for initial period... and that would be hardest for me being claustrophobic... :( or else have to shell out more money.

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
I every now and then spend some time looking at Which city, where i will be staying, where i will be working... how will i get rental apartment if i dont have employment letter, Canada bank credit score etc etc.

Thing which gets me most is thinking about living in fucking BASEMENT. 8/10 immigrants live in basements for initial period... and that would be hardest for me being claustrophobic... :( or else have to shell out more money.
the rents in Toronto are insanely high.... but the struggle is everywhere.... here in US there are different struggles..... in India there are some....
Human is never satisfied.... LOL

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
The most embarrasing part of every draw date is there’re so many negative and fake people who jumped in all of a sudden and start posting their arrogant expert opinions. Some of them always come up saying CRS will never go down, some will say forget about Canada and others with their false predictions and negativity.

I have one simple message for these people - why do you hide yourself in the remaining days when we discuss so many things here? Why don’t you have guts to show positive vibes in the thread and handle people’s queries? Why do you think if you guys have reached to Canada, so it’s simple to joke or post irrelevantly here? Who are you to decide whether we’ll get ITA or not? Why do you think we’re uneducated here and don’t know anything?

If you’ve nothing to contribute to the society, you should be very shameful when you join this thread on every draw date. You’re among those losers even if who’ve reached to Canada but achieved nothing so far. Draw happens or not, CRS cut-off goes high or low, we get invite or not; we simply are not interested in any of your post on the draw date. You guys have no work and you just simply jump in here to manipulate things.

I have never seen any positive comment from those negative people so far. They’re not adding any value to the forum, trust me.

Now the solution, I request everyone (genuine and regular folks) here to simply click on ignore button when next time you see such guys coming to this thread. Sometimes, no answer is also a great answer to such people!

It’s time to give them back!
Lol you are funny dude. You are blaming others for your failure.. and ya big difference in between giving positive hopes and giving wrong hopes. There are people who thinks they have chance to migrate but no if your CRS is below 440 no chance at all. If you are above 440 try to increase your score or look for PNP program. Instead of giving wrong high hopes better to accept the truth.

People who already already in Canada they have work as well and they are surviving in canada because They are working. So instead of assuming what people are doing in canada it’s better to increase CRS.

You can ignore the people who is saying Fact (Which you don’t like) but remember one thing you can’t change the fact by ignoring them.

People who are already in canada on PR they also struggled a lot. People who came before June 1st 2017 they had less points than you guys and that’s the reason CRS was low. People are saying CRS went to 413 and 415 in 2017 but that happens only in early 2017. Only 7000 (Don’t know the exact figures)people got ITA during that time. After June 1st CRS Was in between 434-456. In 2017 only 56000 Active profiles were created and now it’s more than 100000. So whoever got PR before 2017 also worked hard to get their PR. You can’t blame others for your Failure.

Reactions: facethereality

SG1507

May 30, 2019
Oh, there's no more option for work permit extension other than LMIA supporting it, I assumed your spouse have a job

There is another option which is the Visitor Record, with this you aren't able to work anymore
Sadly, that's the only option :( I hope the next draw falls back to somewhere in 450s.. Thanks again :)

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Lol you are funny dude. You are blaming others for your failure.. and ya big difference in between giving positive hopes and giving wrong hopes. There are people who thinks they have chance to migrate but no if your CRS is below 440 no chance at all. If you are above 440 try to increase your score or look for PNP program. Instead of giving wrong high hopes better to accept the truth.

People who already already in Canada they have work as well and they are surviving in canada because They are working. So instead of assuming what people are doing in canada it’s better to increase CRS.

You can ignore the people who is saying Fact (Which you don’t like) but remember one thing you can’t change the fact by ignoring them.

People who are already in canada on PR they also struggled a lot. People who came before June 1st 2017 they had less points than you guys and that’s the reason CRS was low. People are saying CRS went to 413 and 415 in 2017 but that happens only in early 2017. Only 7000 (Don’t know the exact figures)people got ITA during that time. After June 1st CRS Was in between 434-456. In 2017 only 56000 Active profiles were created and now it’s more than 100000. So whoever got PR before 2017 also worked hard to get their PR. You can’t blame others for your Failure.
But if a person has lower score, it does not mean they are FAILURES.....:eek::eek:

Reactions: Dheana90

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
the rents in Toronto are insanely high.... but the struggle is everywhere.... here in US there are different struggles..... in India there are some....
Human is never satisfied.... LOL
True true... i was addressing to people who are worrying about a meager hurdle CRS score... once they will see what lies ahead will hopefully have some sort of realization that thinking about CRS too much was just waste of time and energy.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019

I don't think anyone is giving false hope, everyone here more or less knows how this works and what the chances are. Noone said that you didn't work hard either.

I am waiting since February, and I have seen your posts since then. Sometimes it's not about what you are saying, but how you are saying it. We are all trying to be nice and support eachother, but your posts have lacked basic courtesy. For example: calling people failures without knowing their life or struggles.

I know my chances are not that great right now with 448 and I am going to try my best to improve my score. But is it wrong to hope that it might come down to 448? Not at all! For all we know, for sure, is that anything can happen and all we have to do is wait and see how this works out.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
But if a person has lower score, it does not mean they are FAILURES.....:eek::eek:
Ya true but I didn’t even say they are failure but when they fail they blame others .

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
I don't think anyone is giving false hope, everyone here more or less knows how this works and what the chances are. Noone said that you didn't work hard either.

I am waiting since February, and I have seen your posts since then. Sometimes it's not about what you are saying, but how you are saying it. We are all trying to be nice and support eachother, but your posts have lacked basic courtesy. For example: calling people failures without knowing their life or struggles.

I know my chances are not that great right now with 448 and I am going to try my best to improve my score. But is it wrong to hope that it might come down to 448? Not at all! For all we know, for sure, is that anything can happen and all we have to do is wait and see how this works out.
That’s the same thing others do here. Talking about someone’s work religion without knowing the person.