+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Question on OINP:
1. When did they start requiring job offers? I have seen a few people who got their invitation last year (Feb) without a job offer, with project manager NOC. So wondering if this is a recent change.
2. Is there an announcement or related message I can find on their website about this change?
3. I am assuming that this change has happened as a result of huge influx of IT people entering the Express Entry. Is this situation going to be permanent or can Ontario start issuing invites anytime again for those who don't have job offers with IT related NOC?
Thanks!

lotpp2018

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Yes exactly .. I am also in same boat with 457. I know there is no chance in next draw but probably upcoming . And I can improve it to 460 next month itself .
If we need to improve the existing profile, do I need to create new one after deleting the previous one or just make the changes in existing profile? Sorry for asking such a naive question, i’m just trying to hold information

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Question on OINP:
1. When did they start requiring job offers? I have seen a few people who got their invitation last year (Feb) without a job offer, with project manager NOC. So wondering if this is a recent change.
2. Is there an announcement or related message I can find on their website about this change?
3. I am assuming that this change has happened as a result of huge influx of IT people entering the Express Entry. Is this situation going to be permanent or can Ontario start issuing invites anytime again for those who don't have job offers with IT related NOC?
Thanks!
There is no requirement for job offer and they issue invitation while scanning the most wanted NOC codes.
However, they also target some quota of people having job offers in Ontario. These are basically people who are already on work visa in Ontario and have at least one year contract. In 2018, Ontario targeted only job offer profiles in their last 4-5 draws.
You can refer to the below link:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-2

Reactions: winterisnotcoming

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Same situation, stuck with 473 here and losing 5 points in October. Should I retake IELTS and improve my score by 3 points? /s
Why are you stuck with 473 points, the next draw is yours. Dont worry mate.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
If we need to improve the existing profile, do I need to create new one after deleting the previous one or just make the changes in existing profile? Sorry for asking such a naive question, i’m just trying to hold information
You can update your existing profile and make the updated changes to boost your CRS. Withdrawing/deleting the profile for creation on new profile hampers when the Tie breaker is applied.

Cheers
Shan

Reactions: lotpp2018

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Same situation, stuck with 473 here and losing 5 points in October. Should I retake IELTS and improve my score by 3 points? /s
Yes mam/sir.. you chances are slim to none of not getting an ITA

Start preparing your documents.. You'll get an ITA before the next month ends..