+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I am in a same situation like @SeniorStakes, who was doubtful with his turn in last two draws. We knew that draw will happen at 451 but he didnt make it due to tie breaker earlier. Finally, in the last draw, he was able to make it.

Now, this time, applicants like me (with 450 score), are only sceptical about the tie-breaker rule. I created my profile on Feb 28th, so not sure about which date CIC will be picking up in this draw.

I hope CRS cut-off drops at 449 with 3900 ITAs this time so that most of us get through. Hoping for the best!!

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I am in a same situation like @SeniorStakes, who was doubtful with his turn in last two draws. We knew that draw will happen at 451 but he didnt make it due to tie breaker earlier. Finally, in the last draw, he was able to make it.

Now, this time, applicants like me (with 450 score), are only sceptical about the tie-breaker rule. I created my profile on Feb 28th, so not sure about which date CIC will be picking up in this draw.

I hope CRS cut-off drops at 449 with 3900 ITAs this time so that most of us get through. Hoping for the best!!
With at least 500-550 folks sitting at 450, the cut-off may not touch 449 next Wednesday but can go there in the one after.

@13nitinsharma : I have a hunch that you will sail through this time. The cut-off should be 450 with tie breaker of some day in March.

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
I wish the cut off touches 448 in May’s second draw coz even if my score would be 449 but I will enter pool on May 13th... so high chances of loosing to tie breaker...

#beinglittleselfish....
Did you get any update on your WES account?

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
In most of the cases, I get confused between False and Not Given. Sometimes, when we're asked to match the Writer's name, with the claims he/she has made, from the given list of Writers' names, along with the questions. Not always, but sometimes I find it hard!
Hey Buddy,
I feel like you have similar problems whatever I had in the reading section. For me, I always made 1 or 2 mistakes during practice especially with not given. Later, I realized that I was analyzing the statement too much which was my problem. What I understood is that if the given statement is neither true nor false, it should be not given. This was most confusing for me because the information was given in the text. For me, True means 100%, False means 100% contradiction but not given means confused, may be true or false and of course, information is not given. They are easy in section 1and 2 but quite tricky if they are in section 3.

Matching headings are the easiest one if you can distinguish between specific information and the main idea. They always try to confuse by giving headings which contain only specific information because examiners may want to know whether we are aware of the difference between matching the main idea and finding the information.

Cheers,
Suraj

Reactions: NikSharma01

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys - I am sitting at 447 (ECA evaluation due in first week of May). What are the realistic chances for the next draws? Is there a realistic chance to get the ITA this year?

Reactions: Noopur_23

ravinder_singh

Apr 11, 2019
Tie breakers were hardly a issue in pre Jan 2019 era. But now apart from draw score they too seem to be play a major role. Candidates with score 448-450 are rising as well so i think tie break date will be much earlier one to first accomadate early candidates.
PS: I serioulsy feel for the guys who were left in the 438 draw cos of tie break.

ghvijay

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Mumbai
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
9/8.5/7.5/ 7 R/L/S/W
I was at 443 till yesterday. I'm at 438 now with my Birthday cutting 5 points. Earlier I used to get frustrated with the cutoff points being so high, but now I'm fine. Guys with scores below 445 please be realistic ..Waiting for ITA at low scores and wasting your precious time will not help. Instead try to do something in PNP , where applicable NOC is existing. But low score guys like me, should not be very hopeful for atleast few months. Instead try learning French and increase score or go through some course to get additional degree, or try some other country. Please just don't sit waiting for your turn, as it may take 6 months or more. Miracles do happen. May be I'm wrong ( I wish). But keep PLAN -b ready for your career.. Don't keep Canadian dreams, come in your way of your other dreams. Keep ray of hope alive for even other goals.. All the best. DONT EXPECT MIRACLES..

Noopur_23

Apr 5, 2019
Hey guys - I am sitting at 447 (ECA evaluation due in first week of May). What are the realistic chances for the next draws? Is there a realistic chance to get the ITA this year?

Same situation! I am at 447. Don't knoe what's the realistic chance of getting an ita this year. My confidence has shaken tremendously after seeing this high cutoffs.

Reactions: royalking

DreamITA

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Tunisia
i created my profile march the 28th and i'm at 450 ! do you think i can make it next draw or my profile is fairly new so i will lose to the tie-breaker rule ?