+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I have a hunch that there would be a draw on the coming Wednesday
Even, I too have the same feeling. If there is one, then I would be delighted to see the downfall of the cut-off back in the 440s.
Then Also, I get another feeling why would they conduct a one-week draw at this point, when they don't really need it, as they're already dealing with excessive backlogs.
At the end, everyone knows about the uncertainity of the CIC per se. So, God knows what they've planned this time!

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Friends, can I claim the extra siblings points if my brother in law who has his PR card, and is living in Canada for a month? MY sister is still in India; though she has her PR card, but not moved yet.
(Currently I am living in Canada as work permit)

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Friends, can I claim the extra siblings points if my brother in law who has his PR card, and is living in Canada for a month? MY sister is still in India; though she has her PR card, but not moved yet.
I think so bro, my sister is a Canadian citizen, and she is in India with her family since 2015. My lawyer said it's legit in my case.....

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Brother-in-law is not sibling. For you to claim those points, your sister needs to stay there in Canada from the time you claim the points until PPR. If she can go visit there for six seven months, you are good.

#####################

Points for siblings in Canada
You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:

• living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be

• 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common

Reactions: Queenslander88

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Brother-in-law is not sibling. For you to claim those points, your sister needs to stay there in Canada from the time you claim the points until PPR. If she can go visit there for six seven months, you are good.

#####################

You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:

• living in Canada and

• 18 years old or older
Perhaps!!
my older brother claimed points. My sister and her husband work for the government, and outside Canada since 2015. And now I am doing the same...

Last edited:

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
That's incorrect!!

One can't claim points for a sibling who is not living in Canada.

Agents are invariably less risk-averse and more optimistic than us
Your point is valid. My sis and her family are technically in Canada, and they come here (CA) every 4 months !! And my older brothers application approved in this scenario

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW

#####################

• living in Canada and

• 18 years old or older
That's correct. And for your records, one can claim for a sister or brother who is PR but not in Canada if he or she works for Canadian government outside of Canada.
As per Canadian immigration regulation, a person who works for Canadian government is considered being regularly linked to Canada. In this case, yes an applicant can claim points for sibling.
Good luck guys!

Reactions: Queenslander88

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
That's incorrect!!

One can't claim points for a sibling who is not living in Canada.

Agents are invariably less risk-averse and more optimistic than us
That's correct. And for your records, one can claim for a sister or brother who is PR but not in Canada if he or she works for Canadian government outside of Canada.
As per Canadian immigration regulation, a person who works for Canadian government is considered being regularly linked to Canada. In this case, yes an applicant can claim points for sibling.
Good luck guys!
Yeah valid technically they work on Canadian soil....

Reactions: pessacanada

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Hey Guys,
I know that my predictions for an increased number of ITAs had never come true yet in this forum. If there is no B2B draw, I still believe that there would be an increase in the ITAs, whatever but more than 3350, in the coming draw- a regular 2-week gap draw.
I see, and hope IRCC would also see, a year as of 3x4 months. There is nothing great in this but quite possible.
I will never talk about the increment in ITAs if I fail this time.

Cheers
Suraj

Vkman

Mar 6, 2019
Hello friends, anyone facing the below issue when trying to login to the EE profile?

Error:
Unfortunately, an error occurred.
Online Services

mkpr

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Hi guys, is there any prediction for the next draw? Will it be again in April or May 1st week??? Any idea anyone?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey Guys,
I know that my predictions for an increased number of ITAs had never come true yet in this forum. If there is no B2B draw, I still believe that there would be an increase in the ITAs, whatever but more than 3350, in the coming draw- a regular 2-week gap draw.
I see, and hope IRCC would also see, a year as of 3x4 months. There is nothing great in this but quite possible.
I will never talk about the increment in ITAs if I fail this time.

Cheers
Suraj
You can expect 3500 ITAs in the next draw but not more than that.

As usual, draw will happen on 2 weeks gap. Very less chances of draw happening on coming Wednesday.

Prediction- May 1 - CRS 450
ITAs - 3350/3500