+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Once you submit the documents post the ITA, you're given an Acknowledgement Of Receipt (AOR), either the same day or the other. After that applicants' files get locked and so the CRS. So, you won't be loosing any points due to the birthday during that.
Small correction: the day you receive your ITA your application will be locked in. It means no more worrying about your crs points standing, especially losing 5 points due to birthday celebration. However your total crs should stand at even or more than crs round's point.

Last edited:

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Does the CRS get locked at ITA? Or on eAPR?

If its on eAPR, will it be the closest draw CRS score?

I'm currently on 454. Hoping to get ITA in the next draw. And my birthday is in June when i'll lose 5 points. Was just wondering if i should get all the documentation done within a month.
Here's an official info for you:

"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

reddermorel

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Here's an official info for you:

"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
Thank you for this excellent reply.

rharmon

Mar 19, 2019
Hello - here is a question for the group regarding tie breaker dates. If I created a profile 2 months ago, but as of last week my CRS score moved from 438 to 443. If the ITA score drops to 443, is my profile as of 2 months ago or from last week? Thanks for the reply!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello - here is a question for the group regarding tie breaker dates. If I created a profile 2 months ago, but as of last week my CRS score moved from 438 to 443. If the ITA score drops to 443, is my profile as of 2 months ago or from last week? Thanks for the reply!
2 months ago.

ang_37

Mar 26, 2019
Hi All,

My score as of April 17th was 455 with the highest IELTS banks and I got the ITA in that draw. But my IELTS score expired on April 20th.

Now when I retake the IELTS test, should I get IELTS score to hit CRS score of 455 or is hitting 451 still acceptable as the cut-off for April 17th draw was 451?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi All,

My score as of April 17th was 455 with the highest IELTS banks and I got the ITA in that draw. But my IELTS score expired on April 20th.

Now when I retake the IELTS test, should I get IELTS score to hit CRS score of 455 or is hitting 451 still acceptable as the cut-off for April 17th draw was 451?

Thanks in advance!
You should get an IELTS score that makes your CRS reach 455 or greater. Else your application will be rejected.

krishnapahlajani93

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Toronto, Canada
@NikSharma01, I have a friend of friend working in ITER, Orissa and he is ready to get me provide me everything from transcripts to degree, he also says that he will enrol me in college records but he is asking for 25k.

Do you feel things gonna work out here?

I'm really scared to do this, on the other hand would be happy if things worked out.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@NikSharma01, I have a friend of friend working in ITER, Orissa and he is ready to get me provide me everything from transcripts to degree, he also says that he will enrol me in college records but he is asking for 25k.

Do you feel things gonna work out here?

I'm really scared to do this, on the other hand would be happy if things worked out.
Don't opt for shortcuts, you'll be banned for 5 years to enter Canada if you misinterpret the process.

Moreover, such fake degrees won't be assessed by educational authorities for sure.

You'll end up losing your money and time both. So, avoid shortcuts and think wisely!