+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 111th draw

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Ugh. Wednesdays are officially the most hectic and anxiety-inducing day of the week for me since submitting my profile to EE.
A draw notification on my phone in the next few hours would be the best thing in the world!

Nidsy

Jan 2, 2019
Experts pls suggest. For a candidate at 438 (PC: 1-Jan-2019), should they go with PNP nominations or wait for the upcoming draws.?

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
yep.. seems like no draw today !!! It happens usually on Wednesday, but you never know it could be on any other day of the week as well.

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Experts pls suggest. For a candidate at 438 (PC: 1-Jan-2019), should they go with PNP nominations or wait for the upcoming draws.?
Just grab the oinp PNP if you get one.. chances of score hitting 438 again in the near future is very very low unless they conduct another back to back draw sometime soon..

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Couple of post ITA questions as I'm not getting response on the main forum threads. Can any senior please advise?
1. I have almost 20 short-duration travels on business visa (each 2-4 weeks maximum) to one visiting country over 2-years timeframe. I'm obviously showing all those under travel history section. Now while filling up the address history section, do I need to mention address in that visiting country for all those travel durations, or can I just mention my address in home country for that entire duration. If I've to take the first option, it'll read as a very long list of 40 entries toggling between home country and visiting country addresses.
2. For those who've already submitted their e-APR from Bangalore, India, where did you do your medicals in Bangalore (I can see 2 options) and also, which studio is preferred for the digital picture from as per the IRCC regulations?
1. Only show primary address in home country if the travel was for short period (less than a month).
2. You can do medicals either in Fortis or Elbit. I did in Elbit. Any one should be fine. I took photos in GK Vale store for both digital and print. I was able to use the printed photo for my PR card with success (no photo request).

Reactions: YPS and samikdg

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Just grab the oinp PNP if you get one.. chances of score hitting 438 again in the near future is very very low unless they conduct another back to back draw sometime soon..
What should I do to get OINP ? I have a profile created 2nd Feb 2019 with CRS 438. NOC 2174 - Software Developer. Will lose 5 points in June.

I read somewhere you have to create new profile every month. Is it true ?
If there is anything else to be done, can someone tell me ?

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
What should I do to get OINP ? I have a profile created 2nd Feb 2019 with CRS 438. NOC 2174 - Software Developer. Will lose 5 points in June.

I read somewhere you have to create new profile every month. Is it true ?
If there is anything else to be done, can someone tell me ?
You don't have to do anything.. no need to create profile every month.. they are inviting from all the eligible profiles in the pool.. you have created the profile after the previous oinp draw.. so whenever the next general draw happens , you will get noi at 438 for sure..

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
You don't have to do anything.. no need to create profile every month.. they are inviting from all the eligible profiles in the pool.. you have created the profile after the previous oinp draw.. so whenever the next general draw happens , you will get noi at 438 for sure..
Out of curiosity....Does new profile have higher chance ?

And where can I find OINP draw details ?

Mhemant

Feb 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my story with you all. I was in the Express Entry pool since April 26, 2018 consistently trying to improve my score, given the high cut-offs.
After 3 attempts of IELTS, I could reach a CRS score of 438. Attempted IELTS 4th and 5th time too to increase the score further with a fear of losing 5 points as I was nearing my birthday, but that did not help.

I kept waiting in the pool, the Dec 19 draw reached a yearly low of 439 and I missed out by a point, the OINP draw (with a cut-off of 439) further dwindled my hopes. I was getting anxious day by day thinking that things will be more difficult now on.

Then suddenly, I saw an email in my account saying "New message from CIC" on Jan 30, we were not expecting a Express Entry draw that day, so my initial thoughts were I might have received a NOI from Ontario. But to my surprise it was an ITA. Whooo, I could not have been more happy as I had lost all hopes.
And man, I was astonished to see that I had submitted the profile on the tie-breaking day. Everything looks like a miracle to me.

So my suggestion to all, Things don't always work the first time, keep trying.

Now I request you guys to share the link where we can discuss regarding document requirements.

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Out of curiosity....Does new profile have higher chance ?

And where can I find OINP draw details ?
As per this year's first draw, don't think so new profile has any advantage.. moreover , you may become a victim of tie breaker if at all the federal draw score touches 438 again.. so please keep this in mind as well..

Reactions: thog89

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Advice from a very old-timer who is still trying. Do whatever you can to increase your score. Master's degrees and french are options if you really want to be a Canadian.

Because of my age, I will need a year of Canadian experience in addition to my new Canadian master's degree to have enough points. Or some intense work on french. But I haven't given up.