24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Shocking jump to 445... Saw it today.

The “Letter of Good Conduct” from Malaysia and the total waiting time for “Letter of Good Conduct” from RCMP (I am applying through accredited fingerprinting companies as I am applying from outside Canada)
I applied outside Malaysia and got it within 2 weeks and half. Didn't go through any finger prints or anything. I am not a Malaysian though so could be different for you.

Yue

Aug 18, 2018
Finally my Ielts has improved! From 431 to 439! I'm going to try remark on writing. Cuz it only got 6.
Please wish me good luck! If not success, I would still keep on trying for Ielts!
Just don't lose hope! (I got 399 first time...)
''Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best thing in the world. And no good thing ever dies.'':)

cmcomic12

Jul 12, 2018
Finally my Ielts has improved! From 431 to 439! I'm going to try remark on writing. Cuz it only got 6.
Please wish me good luck! If not success, I would still keep on trying for Ielts!
Just don't lose hope! (I got 399 first time...)
''Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best thing in the world. And no good thing ever dies.'':)
Good luck
Get a update in the system and I get extra points for 2 years experience.
Hope everything will be fine

Reactions: shyee

Kurco

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Ey guys. Just an update on the Computer based IELTS. After trying 3 times the paper based one for max my points i decided to give it a try to this new trend.
Overall the experience is very relax. The waiting before the exam is a lot less. Just 45min and you are inside taking your exam. The room only has space for a reduced number of people. So compared to the previous ones where there were like 60 people or more this is also very different and in my opinion better for the applicant as the invigilators waste less time.
They provide a sheet before every section with the login details. You can use this for your notes but honestly it is a waste of time. I didnt use it at all. Also there is no time given at the end to transfer anything so you gotta be careful with that.
Listening I would say is the same. Difficulty is the same and questions also. The ability to navigate makes you easier to check at the end.
Reading in my case I finished it with still 15min in the clock. So it is way faster for sure.
Writing I must say has nothing but advantages. Timer at the top. Copy/paste option. Question prompt in the screen all the time. Typing is faster that writing.
One bad thing is the price. This one is more expensive than the paper based one.
A few days now for my results. Cheers.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am bringing more news for people who are worrying or having a notion that Economic immigration might be terminated (either permanently or temporarily). News Flash: This is not going to happen. Details can be found in the following link. Some highlights are as follows:

"Our government believes that newcomers play a vital role in our society," Hussen said. "Five million Canadians are set to retire by 2035 and we have fewer people working to support seniors and retirees."

In 1971 there were 6.6 people of working age for each senior, Hussen said, but by 2012 that ratio had gone to 4.2 to 1 and projections show it will be at 2 to 1 by 2036, when almost 100 per cent of population growth will be a result of immigration; it stands at about 75 per cent today.

Conservative immigration critic Michelle Rempel was critical of the plan, suggesting the government needs to do a better job of integrating newcomers.
"It is not enough for this government to table the number of people that they are bringing to this country. Frankly the Liberals need to stop using numbers of refugees, amount of money spent, feel-good tweets and photo ops for metrics of success in Canada's immigration system."

The federal government's own Advisory Council on Economic Growth had recommended upping levels to reach 450,000 newcomers annually by 2021. Hussen said the government is taking a more gradual approach to ensure successful integration.

"At arriving at these numbers we listened very carefully to all stakeholders who told us they want to see an increase but they also want to make sure that each and every newcomer that we bring to Canada — bringing a newcomer to Canada is half of the job. We have to make sure that people are able to be given the tools that they need to succeed once they get here," he said.

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-canada-2018-1.4371146

P.S. It's an old article, but based on facts and figures, therefore still is valid!

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ey guys. Just an update on the Computer based IELTS. After trying 3 times the paper based one for max my points i decided to give it a try to this new trend.
Overall the experience is very relax. The waiting before the exam is a lot less. Just 45min and you are inside taking your exam. The room only has space for a reduced number of people. So compared to the previous ones where there were like 60 people or more this is also very different and in my opinion better for the applicant as the invigilators waste less time.
They provide a sheet before every section with the login details. You can use this for your notes but honestly it is a waste of time. I didnt use it at all. Also there is no time given at the end to transfer anything so you gotta be careful with that.
Listening I would say is the same. Difficulty is the same and questions also. The ability to navigate makes you easier to check at the end.
Reading in my case I finished it with still 15min in the clock. So it is way faster for sure.
Writing I must say has nothing but advantages. Timer at the top. Copy/paste option. Question prompt in the screen all the time. Typing is faster that writing.
One bad thing is the price. This one is more expensive than the paper based one.
A few days now for my results. Cheers.
Wish I had computer IELTS when I took mine back in June :( I wasted so much time on writing, I am faster with typing. May have fetched max points

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
My prediction will be 443-444 because I just checked onip website and they updated their details on 10th October. They issued another 500+ nominees.

Before last draw they issued 5450 nominees and by October 10 numbers changed to 6039 so almost 589 people get nominees after last draw. So there will be 589 people above 6 from only Ontario PNP I don’t know about other provinces.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html