+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Raining of AIP's in India.

jwalak14

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys just received my AIP today
Applied on 2nd July,2020
Eligibility and Medical updated on 22nd August.
AIP received on GC key on 23rd August but the date given on my AIP is 22nd August,2020
NON-SDS
First Sem fee paid with GIC

Reactions: Porapandi

sdeswal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Applied on 2nd July,2020
AIP received on GC key on 23rd August but the date given on my AIP is 22nd August,2020
NON-SDS
Good to hear they working in Sundays as well.

sdeswal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Applied on 2nd July,2020
NON-SDS
Congrats man... But I'm unable to derive the theory why they're prioritising Non SDS Applications.
Very few SDS cases I've seen till now as compared to Non SDS.

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
Applied on 2nd July,2020
NON-SDS
Congratulations.what Time was the mail sent ?

Reactions: jwalak14

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Congrats man... But I'm unable to derive the theory why they're prioritising Non SDS Applications.
I am pretty sure SDS applications are segregated into different sister offices abroad.

As long as your eligibility/background check had started, the system will allocate a BF date. So they are not voluntarily ignoring and they somehow must close the file issuing either an approval or refusal.

There are accounts where people had gotten AIP's without the eligibility or medical being started. So I assume they are doing their job in full force.

SDS or general both have the same processing span of now.

Refusals are made within the first few days when the review of eligibility starts that's why people receive refusals faster than approvals.

Last edited:

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
There is no theory, they are processing every application as soon as possible. Some SDS files have gone to some processing centers. Non SDS files have gone to some other centers. If the center has less load they are getting earlier. From India I think more candidates have applied through SDS category hence there is a slight delay compared to Non SDS. In the next week this forum will be flooded with AIPs. Also in the last 2 days 3 other members from my University received AIP. Not everyone is active here. So only option is to wait.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
From the dataset available in this forum. My SDS file applied on June 19th was the latest one to get AIP. And my centre did not send AIP in an email but sent via GC account. If you have applied close to my date and if your application is in the same centre as mine you will get your AIP in a day or two.

If your application is directed to some other centre where they pass your medicals first and check for eligibility review someother time. Then you may get at a later date. They know the deadline is close and they are working overtime.

jwalak14

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congratulations.what Time was the mail sent ?
I did'nt get the the mail as the email id given for my application is my Agent's.Instead I looked into my GC key account at around 9:35 pm and got to see this.It was definitely after 7:30 as I checked the GC key at that time too.

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
I understand the implications of the statement that I made, and my intentions are not to hurt anyone. Also, my statement is a fact, not an opinion.

Honestly, no idea about they said in the webinar, my views are based on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

The following text has been copied from the website.

"This 2-stage process will only apply to study permit applications

submitted by September 15, 2020, and
for programs that start, or have started, in spring, summer or fall 2020."

here it clearly mentions, "submitted by 15th of September " and not that it would be processed by 15th of September.
how do get the webinar link?

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi guy. Some of us (including me) have got their aip approval as an email while some have got it in their GC account. Why is that so?

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Got medical request and medical passed 5th of August.
No AIP, is it possible to be refused when medical request was sent, because in the past Medical request was 95% approval.