+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

lbudwal1

Star Member
May 8, 2020
AINP website is updated today and they set the nomination limit to 4000 for year 2020 and they already issued 3720 Nominations.

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-processing-times-inventory.aspx

Nomination certificate limits
The following numbers are accurate as of October 1, 2020.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) set the limits for nominations the AINP can issue each year. IRCC provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta for 2020. However, as announced in Alberta’s Economic Recovery Plan, the AINP will not be issuing more than 4,000 nomination certificates in 2020, reducing the use of nomination certificates by more than one third.

3,720 nomination certificates have been issued so far in 2020.

There are approximately 1,525 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 125 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.

Information on application volumes and processing is available to help you determine the status of your application.

The AINP does not provide status updates.

pradeep.maringanti

Oct 11, 2018
New AINP online portal
Starting October 1, 2020, all candidates (except Self-Employed Farmer Stream candidates) can apply online using the AINP portal. Alberta Express Entry Stream candidates must receive authorization from the AINP to access the portal.

The AINP portal was designed to make the application for candidates easy. Candidates receive tips on how to enter data, a customized list of documents and can save a draft application to complete at a later date. The system does an initial assessment on eligibility, and ensures that candidates who clearly do not meet basic criteria do not waste time and money submitting an application.

Check out the new AINP Portal. https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-updates.aspx

Application fees
All applications submitted using the AINP online portal on or after October 1, 2020 are subject to a $500 processing fee. The application fee is non-refundable once an application has been submitted. The fee covers the cost of processing the application and is required whether a nomination certificate is issued or not.

Jas9794

Jun 26, 2020
Did anyone who applied under AOS paper based application on April 23, 2020, receive a call/email from AINP??

They have not updated the date from April 22, 2020 for last one month.

jzchang

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Did anyone who applied under AOS paper based application on April 23, 2020, receive a call/email from AINP??

They have not updated the date from April 22, 2020 for last one month.
They will not issue any more nomination certificates until the next year

ashe004

Oct 8, 2020
@ASrivastava HI, I am a NOC 2173 as well. I just submitted my EE profile yesterday, and I only get 437 points since I only have 1 year of experience. I m wondering if you apply for EE or AOS?

zuby

Feb 24, 2020
New AINP online portal
Starting October 1, 2020, all candidates (except Self-Employed Farmer Stream candidates) can apply online using the AINP portal. Alberta Express Entry Stream candidates must receive authorization from the AINP to access the portal.

The AINP portal was designed to make the application for candidates easy. Candidates receive tips on how to enter data, a customized list of documents and can save a draft application to complete at a later date. The system does an initial assessment on eligibility, and ensures that candidates who clearly do not meet basic criteria do not waste time and money submitting an application.

Check out the new AINP Portal. https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-updates.aspx

Application fees
All applications submitted using the AINP online portal on or after October 1, 2020 are subject to a $500 processing fee. The application fee is non-refundable once an application has been submitted. The fee covers the cost of processing the application and is required whether a nomination certificate is issued or not.

what does it mean.. we need to create profile on ainp portal and pay the fees? does they not consider just EE Profile now?

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
So outlanders should do that as well?
"Alberta Express Entry Stream candidates must receive authorization from the AINP to access the portal."

It's clearly mentioned that Alberta EE candidates can only access the portal after receiving NOI. Though, creating MyAlberta ID is mandatory

prayagraval

Star Member
May 31, 2018
AINP website is updated today and they set the nomination limit to 4000 for year 2020 and they already issued 3720 Nominations.

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-processing-times-inventory.aspx

Nomination certificate limits
The following numbers are accurate as of October 1, 2020.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) set the limits for nominations the AINP can issue each year. IRCC provided 6,250 nomination certificates to Alberta for 2020. However, as announced in Alberta’s Economic Recovery Plan, the AINP will not be issuing more than 4,000 nomination certificates in 2020, reducing the use of nomination certificates by more than one third.

3,720 nomination certificates have been issued so far in 2020.

There are approximately 1,525 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 125 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.

Information on application volumes and processing is available to help you determine the status of your application.

more noi has been issued since october 1
The following numbers are accurate as of October 13, 2020.

3,768 nomination certificates have been issued so far in 2020.

There are approximately 1,700 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 92 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.

ashe004

Oct 8, 2020
I hope they provide more information. They said the EE candidates can only access the portal after receiving NOI, but they do not do any draw. Also, since they won't issue more than 4000 nomination certificates this year. Not sure if they still do the Alberta EE draw.

jzchang

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
I hope they provide more information. They said the EE candidates can only access the portal after receiving NOI, but they do not do any draw. Also, since they won't issue more than 4000 nomination certificates this year. Not sure if they still do the Alberta EE draw.
I guess they probably wouldn't do any more EE draw for this year, the remaining certificates are for those who's AR date is before April 22 and their applications were put on hold due to the pandemic

Wev

Oct 27, 2020
Applied Under (AOS)
NOC Skill Level (A): 2175 Web Developer

Application sent: May 7th
Application arrived: May 8th
File number received: May 8th

Receive Email From Officer requested for submitting missing documents due to COVID: Jun 15
and they gave me timeline to submit my missing documents before august 14 and till that time they put my file on hold.

Missing Documents sent: August 1
Email from officer Document Received and put my file in the queue for processing: August 2.
After that no response from them...
Hi any update?