Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
lucia0009 said:
one question, if they got the nomination one month before their Work Permit expired. Is there enough time for them to extend WP and How?
thanks
i m wondering same thing. i m sure its not enough time to extend new WP which will be closed since they wont get AOR from CIC before their WP expires.. ppl used to go to border and get it renewed right away but now since this new IMM 5802 form requirement and employer have to pay fee for it i dont know what can be done. and wht if employer wont pay fee for new IMM 5802 wht to do in tht case?
anyone familiar with tht process please post reply. im sure lots ppl wants to know tht since most AINP have use tht method if AINP nominating ppl with soon expiring WPs.
does applying for new WP based on nomination before current WP expires give you implied status and continue to work legally untill you get new WP?

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
da4u518 said:
one more nomination(my roommate's co-worker) based on expiring WP soon.
both applied in feb. 2014. he is still waiting( WP expiring next year).
his co-worker's WP expiring june 12, 2015 got nomination yesterday..keep us posted whoever receive nomination.

::) AINP give certificate based on expiring work permit right now, I wonder that it is good for the people who WP expiring in begin and middle of year, if your WP expiring end of year ( December) , AINP may say sorry to you due to no more certificate left. more than 10000 case left from last year. most of them expiring in 2015. I know food service section is out of consideration of AINP which has almost 2000 applications . who knows what will happen to us !

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
pnp525 said:
::) AINP give certificate based on expiring work permit right now, I wonder that it is good for the people who WP expiring in begin and middle of year, if your WP expiring end of year ( December) , AINP may say sorry to you due to no more certificate left. more than 10000 case left from last year. most of them expiring in 2015. I know food service section is out of consideration of AINP which has almost 2000 applications . who knows what will happen to us !
wht makes you say tht food service ppl wont get nomination?? any source of information?? if they are not giving out nomination in food service then why are they still accepting application under food service?

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
da4u518 said:
wht makes you say tht food service ppl wont get nomination?? any source of information?? if they are not giving out nomination in food service then why are they still accepting application under food service?
We recently attended the Canadian Bar Association (“CBA”) Immigration Section meeting, which included a presentation by Brad Trefan, Managing Director at Immigration Programs and Services of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
We learned that the delay in processing is being caused primarily by the Food Services Industry stream as AINP have received over 2,000 applications. If not for the Food Services Industry applicants, the processing times would have remained the same as was quoted in early 2014 (4 months processing) when applicants had applied
AINP selected certain candidates based on the needs of Alberta and bypassed the long back log of Food Service Industry positions
http://www.ackahlaw.com/what-s-new/newsletter-april-9-2015/

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
pnp525 said:
We recently attended the Canadian Bar Association (“CBA”) Immigration Section meeting, which included a presentation by Brad Trefan, Managing Director at Immigration Programs and Services of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
We learned that the delay in processing is being caused primarily by the Food Services Industry stream as AINP have received over 2,000 applications. If not for the Food Services Industry applicants, the processing times would have remained the same as was quoted in early 2014 (4 months processing) when applicants had applied
AINP selected certain candidates based on the needs of Alberta and bypassed the long back log of Food Service Industry positions
http://www.ackahlaw.com/what-s-new/newsletter-april-9-2015/
thank you for sharing source.
they bypassed all industries except hotel industry and engineering occupations last fall so nothing surprising there.
and this year i think we are seeing anyone with expiring WP getting nominations including food service so far. well its true tht not all of the applications will processed this year and tht why i think they negotiated with federal government about 1 year LMIA exempt WPs and most ppl who got benefited from tht are from food service i think and lots of them who dont have their WP not expiring this year may be get processed next year. i dont think they are leaving our food service ppl but we will see. time will tell.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
It practically means that people who's WPs are not expiring soon but applied in time have to sacrifice their lives for others...somehow it doesn't feel right after 15 months of waiting. How can we be sure that they will keep this practise and not screw us at the end when out WPs expire??
On top of that they can withdraw your nomination just like that.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hi guys.

Just want to keep you guys updated. I applied April 2014 Noc is 6235. Work visa expiring July 2015. Just received my nomination letter today in the mail.

Good luck everyone. Just have faith. You will have yours soon. :)

Sup17

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Hi everyone,
Just want to update you guys. I applied April 2014 under truck driver category processing time 12-14months. VISA expiring July 15. My agent received my nomination today.
Good luck to you guys. Just have faith coz we all gonna get it soon or later. I already completed my 5years in Canada going through a lot of rules changes and ups downs but never loose hope. God bless everyone and may everyone get their permanence residence soon.

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
I got email from ainp... Stated my application is unlikely to process this year.. For 17 months waiting and this is it...goodbye everyone..

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
elisha79 said:
I got email from ainp... Stated my application is unlikely to process this year.. For 17 months waiting and this is it...goodbye everyone..
wht? :eek:
why? did they give you any reason? wht is your NOC and stream?

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elisha79 said:
What? are you November December 2013 Aplicant? wow......... :(

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
Not sure about her NOC but it has to be in food service..
Pnp525 u r right man seems like food service ppl in big trouble.i hope she come back gives detail of her profile little more.wht a pathetic way to end her 17 months painful wait.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
da4u518 said:
Not sure about her NOC but it has to be in food service..
Pnp525 u r right man seems like food service ppl in big trouble.i hope she come back gives detail of her profile little more.wht a pathetic way to end her 17 months painful wait.
Well again we don't know the details. Maybe it's because she received AOR from EE...