Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
I honestly have no idea. What she's gonna do. I guess she is still working at her place. But I'm not sure

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
I wonder if you are on the restoration period, are you allowed to work on the same employer?
Can anybody enlighten pls? I got some friends whose permits are expiring soon but they still have pending AINP application.
Thanks

jan17th

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017 (ITA)
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
maplelove said:
I wonder if you are on the restoration period, are you allowed to work on the same employer?
Can anybody enlighten pls? I got some friends whose permits are expiring soon but they still have pending AINP application.
Thanks
As far as I have read on CIC's website, you cann't work when u are in restoration period.

jan17th

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017 (ITA)
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Masssa said:
I honestly have no idea. What she's gonna do. I guess she is still working at her place. But I'm not sure
I have a question guys.
I am under International Graduate--Employer Drive, NOC B categaory.
My work permit is about to expire in exact 2 months from now and I applied on Jan 7th.
Dose anyone know, whether I can change my employer or not?
Because with this employer I can not get an LMO and I dont see AINP coming before my work permit goes out of date.
And what if I change my employer after I get the nomination?

All replies are apperciated.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
maplelove said:
Thanks
You can only work if you are on implied status. This is when you apply for a new work permit or an extension and your work permit has expired. If you don't do anything before it expires you can't work legally in Canada. So make sure to apply for a work permit extension before it expires if you haven't got your nomination yet. That way you can still work for a couple of weeks.

charp

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
miglop2014 said:
You can only work if you are on implied status. This is when you apply for a new work permit or an extension and your work permit has expired. If you don't do anything before it expires you can't work legally in Canada. So make sure to apply for a work permit extension before it expires if you haven't got your nomination yet. That way you can still work for a couple of weeks.
just to add into it ..not just couple if weeks actually 7-8 weeks if you apply through mail rather than online which only takes 2 weeks

jan17th

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017 (ITA)
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Masssa said:
So I just called AINP & the representative said that they are still working on Nov 2013 applications.
For my file, she said that they received it on 8th Jan and according to her there is a possibility that I would get the nomination probabily in Jan 2015. And she added that there are more changes to come in processing times in near future.

This is so frustrating guys. We all opted for AINP just because it was fast and now its the slowest program in Canada.

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
jan17th said:
So I just called AINP & the representative said that they are still working on Nov 2013 applications.
For my file, she said that they received it on 8th Jan and according to her there is a possibility that I would get the nomination probabily in Jan 2015. And she added that there are more changes to come in processing times in near future.

This is so frustrating guys. We all opted for AINP just because it was fast and now its the slowest program in Canada.
So probably they will process all november and december applications will be processed this year n rest who applied in 2014 all will be in 2015..
Oh my god this waiting game is really frustating..and specially for ppl whose WP is expired or about to expired..they waited patiently for while and this thing happens..i dont know how they will process those applicants whose WP is expired while waiting for nomination.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mariolopez said:
So probably they will process all november and december applications will be processed this year n rest who applied in 2014 all will be in 2015..
Oh my god this waiting game is really frustating..and specially for ppl whose WP is expired or about to expired..they waited patiently for while and this thing happens..i dont know how they will process those applicants whose WP is expired while waiting for nomination.
I've tried to find this information again and couldn't find it. But I'm almost 100% sure that I read somewhere (somewhere official) that your application will be rejected if your WP has expired during the processing time.

Can anybody confirm this?

charp

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
miglop2014 said:
I've tried to find this information again and couldn't find it. But I'm almost 100% sure that I read somewhere (somewhere official) that your application will be rejected if your WP has expired during the processing time.

Can anybody confirm this?
it depends on the program officer... what they do say is that it MAY get rejected...which is so ridiculous they should do straight and should not play this MAY game....It all depends on the officer who is going through your file...on one hand they say we dont have to do anything with work permit and on other hand they say it MAY get rejected....so unfair...I'm going through this as I'm on implied status

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you add more documents even though they haven't request for it?
say like, now I am studying my the CGA designation. Would you recommend me to fax AINP my program status and transcript?
And, how about the paystubs since last time I submitted it? I have some bonuses during tax season.

Need your opinion.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Could it be that that Alberta Nominee has reached its quota for the year and are keeping the remaining applications for the next quota? I am just wondering why they are holding application for this long which is unusual of them.

MAYOAKO

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Mariolopez said:
to those applicants whose WP will expire soon, if you want you can contact and support this group
MIGRANTE ALBERTA this group is not just for Filipino TFWs here in Canada but to all TFWs in whatever nation you from. They are trying to get a help from John McCallum to support them in pushing the idea of extending the work permits of AINP applicants while waiting for the nomination even the result will be negative or positive.
I'd watch this on BALITANG CANADA (canada news) but its not yet on the internet.

Here's their contact info

Migrante.ca

please let us support them not just in extending our work permits while waiting but maybe if they could also ask for fast processing of our applications.

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
jan17th said:

Very true. It is taking much longer time than what it used to be. did you get any any hint on what the processing times will be in near future? further increase or by any chance decrease. Best of luck for your nomination.

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
J.I.N said:
Very true. It is taking much longer time than what it used to be. did you get any any hint on what the processing times will be in near future? further increase or by any chance decrease. Best of luck for your nomination.
decrease processing time forget it man.. i tell u what will be the line for next change..quota for 2014 is over and all applications will be processed in 2015 with minimum processing time will be atleast 12 months.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(