+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
J.I.N said:
I wonder if this means 9000 approved or in process applications. Any thoughts?
Copy-paste from the Minister's email: The AINP currently has more than 8,750 applications to be assesed with approximately 250 new applications being received every week.

The date of his letter is July 21, 2014.

So this means that this is number of applications UNDER PROCESS. Not the total number of applications received. This means that there are 1,000 nominations for about 8,000 applications right now.

Don't lose hope yet. Remember that having 9,000 applications doesn't mean that all of them are correct. I'm pretty sure that a big number of them have errors, can't be taken into consideration, etc. Also, remember that you can only apply to AINP if you have a work permit. If you work permit expires and you haven't renewed it, your application is declined.

What I don't know is, what happens if a person gets the nomination but doesn't use it? Imagine that a person is tired of waiting and decides to go through other program. Or maybe a person applied to other program and, while waiting, applied for AINP but got the PR a few days/weeks before receiving the nomination?

Fingers crossed!

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
da4u518 said:
thanks for info.
i was thinking same thing that by may they issued about 2700 nominations so like 500 a month. and it has been 3 been months after tht so another 1500 nominations and they will last for about couple of months.
what is really surprising to me that not a single nomination for applications under employer driven who applied in 2014(and december 2013) is issued. atleast not on this forum. i guess theymust have received over 4000 applications between october and november since they are still processing those applications. i wonder how many applications they have recieved in 2014 so far. i have no idea how r they planning to deal with this huge load of applications.
I hope they wont throw us under the bus and say any applications after certain time will be return or something..
I think it's all just based on the need of the province (I have no clue how they determine that). I know one guy who applied in december under EDS who got his nomination in april (I think). But he is an engineer too. Also, I know doctors and engineers who applied in jan / feb and got nominated by mar / april.

I think with the express entry opening up next year, most skilled people will go through that then, and so hopefully more semi-skilled people will have chances in AINP.

pisces99

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-19-2015
IELTS Request
25-11-2013
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
andrea10 said:
Same as my date of nomination have you submit your application for PR? JUST SEND MINE YESTERDAY!
Before end of August as I am working on my renewal of work permit. My expiry is Oct 18, 2014. Good luck for both us and for everyone in this forum.

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Though, I'm not 100% sure but based on what is going on, it looks they have divided 5500 into different streams and processing accordingly just like SINP. Remaining 1000 or so may mean that most of them are for certain stream(s).

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
is there any one who has applied in jun 2 :eek: ...

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
PKG92 said:
is there any one who has applied in jun 2 :eek: ...
Here's the thread for June. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-june-application-t225955.0.html
Which stream did you apply?

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
international graduate - employer driven stream

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
miglop2014 said:
Last month I sent an email to Kyle Fawcett (Minister of Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour) and all MLA of Alberta Assembly. He answered me saying that they have almost 9,000 applications waiting for nomination and also that they receive about 250 new applications every week. So you can do the math...
Hey budd, can u share the email address. M in a great need

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Masssa said:
My friend git her work permit expired by the end of June. So she applied for new work permit without nomination just to buy some time. They refuse to issue a new work permit and they gave her 90 days to restore her status. She doesn't know what to do next. Neither do lawyers. So. She hopes she would get nomination within this 90 days. She applied in January as a front desk agent.
Masssa, do you know why she got rejected with her work permit extension? How many years she is on work permit in Canada?
why they rejected to her?

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anatalia said:
Masssa, do you know why she got rejected with her work permit extension? How many years she is on work permit in Canada?
why they rejected to her?
Isn't it obvious? She doesn't have a nomination or new lmia. I don't want to be mean but that's how it works. Try calling the CIC if there's any other option.

grape wine

Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
Category: EDS
Applied: JUNE 5
AOR: JUNE 16
FILE NO - Waiting

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
albertasun said:
Isn't it obvious? She doesn't have a nomination or new lmia. I don't want to be mean but that's how it works. Try calling the CIC if there's any other option.
Masssa didnt mention before that she doesnt have a new lmia. That is why it was not obvious.
I wonder if she was also rejected in lmia or never applied?

I hope Masssa's friend will figure something out. I wish her good luck.

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anatalia said:
Masssa didnt mention before that she doesnt have a new lmia. That is why it was not obvious.
I wonder if she was also rejected in lmia or never applied?

I hope Masssa's friend will figure something out. I wish her good luck.
It was no offense bud, I'm just so mad at AINP.

I wish us all the best.

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
So, she's been here for 2 years. She went to college for one year and then she's got her work permit for one year. Her employer can't do lmia for her Cuz her hourly wage lower then 24$.
I know a couple ppl who got work permit extention.
In her case I guess it's just a bad luck.
No she's on restoration period. And she hopes to get ainp within this 90 days.

jan17th

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017 (ITA)
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Masssa said:
So, she's been here for 2 years. She went to college for one year and then she's got her work permit for one year. Her employer can't do lmia for her Cuz her hourly wage lower then 24$.
I know a couple ppl who got work permit extention.
In her case I guess it's just a bad luck.
No she's on restoration period. And she hopes to get ainp within this 90 days.
That means shes on her implied status.
Don't you have to be working all the time till you get your nomination?
I pray for her that she gets the nomination before the restoration period is done.
Do you know what would be her next move after she gets the nomination in her restoration period