+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding asylum procedure.

CSED

Sep 19, 2016
Hi dears, first thank you very much for this great form!

I’m in my home country (one of the most danger countries in the world) and I had thread recently which is making me hiding right now from groups of ppl, I have a Canadian visa and thinking about seeking asylum in Canada, I’ve seen great info here ..really valuable but I still have the flowing questions:

Please correct me as required!

Lawyer:
First I will book a hotel, then I will search for lawyer … shall I pay him or I can receive legal aid? Or paying only advice fees maybe then at a later stage I deserve legal aid? Several governments website said asylum claimant deserves the legal aid as they applied at POE, so it’s not clear for me.
Housing:
I will rent apartment myself, I heard that I deserve housing benefit, how this benefit calculated? Are they giving a specific amount of money? Which I might add to and rent? Shall I got a letter certification and use it to rent? or they provide the accommodation by themselves? How does it work?
Work:
I’m qualified to go through the Skilled worker program but unfortunately, I don’t have time to go for it now as I need to leave asap so I really have good chances to have a job can I apply for a work permit directly even before the hearing?
EU-residency
I have an EU residence permit (valid) but it’s temporarily and subjected to specific conditions which are about to dismiss but it still allows me to go to EU.
Do you think there is a possibility that they reject me depending on that basis? I mean they say you should go to EU instead of Canada as you still have a valid permit? Or they will understand that I can’t keep that permit for the more years before I can be permanent residence?

Where to apply:
At the POE or within Canada?
Any possibility that they send me to EU if I applied at the POE as I have the above residence permit? And what would change if I do it at the POE?

My destination will be Ontario….I really appreciate any advice/correction/comment….
Maybe it’s possible to send a message to one of the experts with more details?
Thank you in advance!

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
CSED said:

I’m in my home country (one of the most danger countries in the world) and I had thread recently which is making me hiding right now from groups of ppl, I have a Canadian visa and thinking about seeking asylum in Canada, I’ve seen great info here ..really valuable but I still have the flowing questions:

Lawyer:
First I will book a hotel, then I will search for lawyer ... shall I pay him or I can receive legal aid? Or paying only advice fees maybe then at a later stage I deserve legal aid? Several governments website said asylum claimant deserves the legal aid as they applied at POE, so it’s not clear for me.
Housing:
I will rent apartment myself, I heard that I deserve housing benefit, how this benefit calculated? Are they giving a specific amount of money? Which I might add to and rent? Shall I got a letter certification and use it to rent? or they provide the accommodation by themselves? How does it work?
Work:
I’m qualified to go through the Skilled worker program but unfortunately, I don’t have time to go for it now as I need to leave asap so I really have good chances to have a job can I apply for a work permit directly even before the hearing?
EU-residency
I have an EU residence permit (valid) but it’s temporarily and subjected to specific conditions which are about to dismiss but it still allows me to go to EU.
Do you think there is a possibility that they reject me depending on that basis? I mean they say you should go to EU instead of Canada as you still have a valid permit? Or they will understand that I can’t keep that permit for the more years before I can be permanent residence?

Where to apply:
Any possibility that they send me to EU if I applied at the POE as I have the above residence permit? And what would change if I do it at the POE?

My destination will be Ontario….I really appreciate any advice/correction/comment….
Thank you in advance!
Experts are requested to respond his concerns, please. Regards

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
if you are elligible for skilled worker why do you need legal aid and housing benefits? canadian tax payers money goes to those who need it the most.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I’m qualified to go through the Skilled worker program but unfortunately, I don’t have time to go for it now as I need to leave asap so I really have good chances to have a job
Sounds like a refugee of convenience to me......

FISHER321

Sep 3, 2016
CSED said:

Lawyer:
First I will book a hotel, then I will search for lawyer ... shall I pay him or I can receive legal aid? Or paying only advice fees maybe then at a later stage I deserve legal aid? Several governments website said asylum claimant deserves the legal aid as they applied at POE, so it’s not clear for me.
Housing:
Work:
EU-residency

Where to apply:

Thank you in advance!
I am not an expert .....you can apply at POE or inside ontario...but you have to understand that refugee claimant is a person who need protection to stay alive, not someone who is looking for best place to live in.
you have the right to receive legal aid provided you have no overseas asset, and the money you had while entering POE is barely enough for couple of weeks .
if you applied for refugee case at POE you will be given approx 5weeks for your hearing date , and if you apply inside probably 1.5-2 months time.
during your waiting time ,you are eligible to apply for temp work permit ,soicial assistance (housing+basic needs (approx $800/month ) provided you have no money and no overseas asset/investment/bank account.
you have to justify why you chose to come to CANADA while you hold a valid residence permit in third country ,where you can be safe!!!!!!
hope above clears out your concerns

mubin

Dec 14, 2016
Hi goodday
this is mobin shirdil from Netherlands im new here and i don't have anything no permit no card nothing and my wife lives in Netherlands and our child ll burn soon in this month my wife and child have their green cards not Netherlands citizenship possport but the government said after 2 years they ll give the Netherlands passport. so can we apply for asylum for Canada?

thanks

mobin

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
we are here as a family claimant in Canada. While we are waiting for the hearing as it approach, we got a letter that Ministerial intervention.
The CIC/CBSA minister representative had mistakenly request to link our claim with another Claimant that we may be related but far from it.
We are never related, though from same country, even the claimant is unknown to us.

After I discuss with my lawyer He is always busy and all He could say is that we should wait till the day of new hearing
and we can tell the judge we are not related.
I read in the IRB that a claimant can reply to ministerial. I am confused. pls advise

FISHER321

Sep 3, 2016
babsizkil
I know some friends who had minister intervenes prior to their hearing, you don't have to be so worried, this should be part of your lawyer's job(but most of them never care, they got paid even if you lose the case)

Related doest mean relative....I believe it means that your and another guy BOC meanly identical or have similar grounds and that the other guy claim was rejected, hence these intervenes could be read as alerts.

and would certainly mean that your case will be dealt with in conjunction with the referenced case.
so you need to be prepared for that battle.

if you insist that they mean a relative, then sure there is a relative having same BOC...minister doest make such mistakes

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Dear FISHER321

I really appreciate this forum. Its a great companion in time of need. You have really shed light and give me more confidence.
My wife has been worried and down since the Ministerial intervention letter.

My point is that, if a Lawyer/Counsel fail to respond or as a claimant can I always write or respond to IRB about my case.
Regards

FISHER321

Sep 3, 2016
Off course yes ..its your own case ...you will be asked directly by the IRB judge...and you will have to answer through interpreter .lawyer will present your documents only and will interfere in such a way as to ask you some questions in front of the judge that your answers will clear some doubts or support your position.

the important part in selecting the lawyer lays in his knowledge /experience with your home country situation other than that is just formalities.
one essential thing I would highlight here is that you need to study the minister letter carefully and prepare your answers as this will be core question /area of concern in the court

Reactions: babsizkil