+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions, questions (and more questions)

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
First.. happy holidays everyone!! ;D

I'm a bit confused with the whole process, i just want a confirmation that i understood it right.

1. you submit your app to Mississauga, Ontario.
2. Your app gets approved - they send you an e-mail showing approval (they send it to the sponsor's email or to me, the applicant?)
3. you submit everything for QC (the Certificate de Selection du Quebec and undertaking application).. After you receive your CSQ what happens?

other questions ??? .. 1. do we need to pay everything at the beginning (excepting QC tax) ?

2. also if i understood correctly, i`m doing my medical exam BEFORE submitting the application, but it expires in 12 months, so i need to redo it at one point or what's the procedure?

3. after Quebec approves too, they send my whole file to the VO from my country? after this, no other procedures, just the painful waiting process?

4.after what happens? they request an interview / not required. and after? they ask for my passport and issue the visa at one point?

5. i keep seeing here 'AOR received" .. what's AOR?

sorry people, i`m very confused and i just want to be sure. :-\

thanks in advance for any replies! :-*

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
CutiePie92 said:
First.. happy holidays everyone!! ;D

I know they have a different process with QC applicants but for the whole of Canada..

I'm a bit confused with the whole process, i just want a confirmation that i understood it right.

1. you submit your app to Mississauga, Ontario. yes
2. Your app gets approved - they send you an e-mail showing approval (they send it to the sponsor's email or to me, the applicant?) to your sponsor's email
3. you submit everything for QC (the Certificate de Selection du Quebec and undertaking application).. After you receive your CSQ what happens?

other questions ??? .. 1. do we need to pay everything at the beginning (excepting QC tax) ? preferrably, yes. to save you time, with regards to paying the rprf.

2. also if i understood correctly, i`m doing my medical exam BEFORE submitting the application, but it expires in 12 months, so i need to redo it at one point or what's the procedure? yes. make sure that you do your medical as close to the time you are to submit your application. in some cases, (reading the forum) they had to redo their medical as it had already lapsed but, if you still don't hear anything from them, or you status hasnt changed on your eCAS, send them an email to follow up and remind them AT LEAST 2 MONTHS before your medical is about to expire.

3. after Quebec approves too, they send my whole file to the VO from my country? after this, no other procedures, just the painful waiting process? yes. they will send it back to your VO. in some cases, they will require an interview but pray that you dont have to this anymore.

4.after what happens? they request an interview / not required. and after? they ask for my passport and issue the visa at one point? after they review your file (background check) they will ask for your passport.. send it back with your visa on it.

5. i keep seeing here 'AOR received" .. what's AOR? im still relatively new in this forum but I did some research. AOR stands for ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT. They send this to your sponsor (i assume you are applying for a spousal visa) via email, to acknowledge that they have received your application/documents

sorry people, i`m very confused and i just want to be sure. :-\

thanks in advance for any replies! :-*

HOPE THIS HELPS!