+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about waiting time on the portal confirmation email and other

yisongjin

Aug 18, 2023
Hi,

I have some questions regarding the portal confirmation email

I received the confirmation email from Montreal IRCC on Aug 2nd and replied my info to them on Aug 3rd.

Now 2 weeks went over and I still haven't got my portal credentials. I wonder if is this normal for everyone, and how long it normally takes.

Other than that, I already have an account under my email address on the portal, and I accidentally made a PR card application by myself and I couldn't see a withdrawal button on the website. Will this affect their progress and prevent them from creating a new account for me?

If anyone could help I would be grateful.

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Hi,

I have some questions regarding the portal confirmation email

I received the confirmation email from Montreal IRCC on Aug 2nd and replied my info to them on Aug 3rd.

Now 2 weeks went over and I still haven't got my portal credentials. I wonder if is this normal for everyone, and how long it normally takes.

Other than that, I already have an account under my email address on the portal, and I accidentally made a PR card application by myself and I couldn't see a withdrawal button on the website. Will this affect their progress and prevent them from creating a new account for me?

If anyone could help I would be grateful.
How long did you wait? I’ve been waiting 8 weeks!

canrav13

Feb 15, 2024
Thanks for the response. Maybe it's a bit of backlog affecting our cohort of applications? Does that kind of thing happen?

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for the response. Maybe it's a bit of backlog affecting our cohort of applications? Does that kind of thing happen?
I think so. I am a PNP applicant non express entry. It is 13 months processing and have been told it can take that long even though I have received p1, what stream are you?

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Last edited:

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Please send email to your VO. I had Montreal as my VO, and post email i received portal credentials in 1-2 days time.
I have sent to all VO 3 times, resent to Montreal 8 times, called, sent email and got my local MP onto it. Always the same, just have to wait, it is processing

canrav13

Feb 15, 2024
I think so. I am a PNP applicant non express entry. It is 13 months processing and have been told it can take that long even though I have received p1, what stream are you?
Just got my portal email this morning :)

I applied through express entry, canadian experience class. Hope you get yours soon buddy!

Reactions: Taran D