+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding TRV

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
well TRV normally doesn't take that much time.......I have seen people getting it within 2 months.

Should I email CIC and remind them that im travelling on Dec 13th and need TRV before that?
I emailed them already and they replied - nothing productive, basically just telling you that it's in progress. It's also telling you that if you wish to make urgent travel arrangements you can request to WITHDRAW your application... Why bother withdrawing though?

Your reminder of traveling on Dec 13th is of no interest to them. But I am 99.99% positive that you will receive it well before then. Since your application was technically received on Oct 2, it should be ready soon.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
weird thing is even though my post graduate work permit expires on Feb 2015..........my new TRV is valid until july 2016

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
saadt said:
weird thing is even though my post graduate work permit expires on Feb 2015..........my new TRV is valid until july 2016
Nice! How long did it take you total....from TRV app to passport back?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
saadt said:
I applied I think around 28th sept and got it today
Almost 2 months for a TRV...bloody hell!! Now I pretty much regret applying. What a waste of time. Said 14 days for processing on CIC website....figured maybe 1 week extra for PP, but wow.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
okay so in order to travel to pakistan and come back to Canada.............is there anything else I need other than TRV?

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Okay so there is one confusion here.

I actually applied under post graduate work permit for TRV and showed my employer letter and everything.

But I received TRV under student status instead...........the sticker on my passport is saying student.

I also have a study permit for CGA...........so how is this thing gonna work?

What do I have to declare to immigration officers at the airport?

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
can any expert help me with this?

My TRV is saying I am a student even though when I applied I applied with employment letter and mentioned I am a full time worker.

Yes I have a study permit for CGA but still why would they give me TRV based on student visa?

When Immigration officer ask me why I am returning to Canada what should I say? should I tell them i'm a full time worker?

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
I'd say you do not have to worry about it at all. As long as there's a valid TRV, they will let you enter. I have seen many occasions when workers come in with student visas (their status have changed from student to worker since they graduated and were working.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
what Should i tell the immigration officer? can i Say iam comin back to continue both my CGA Studies aand full time work?

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
what Should i tell the immigration officer? can i Say iam comin back to continue both my CGA Studies aand full time work?
Even if you say you are back for work they won't have a second look at it. To play safe, of course you can say you are back for CGA studies.

But one really important thing, you have to show your WORK PERMIT to the officer upon request. Doesn't matter what visa you use to get into Canada, the permit says it all.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
I have both study and work permit..........so can I just show both and tell them that im coming back to continue my work and studies?