+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding TRV

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Hello,

I am currently working on post graduate work permit in Toronto Canada and I will be travelling back home in Dec

I am almost ready to apply for the TRV and would appreciate if someone can check and confirm whether I have all the right documents.

1) Document Checklist within Canada
2)Application for Temporary resident visa (IMM 5257)
3)Family Information [IMM 5645]
4) Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1]
5) My original Passport
6) A letter from my employer
7) Copy of my work permit
8) Bank Statement
9) Passport Size Photographs

This is what I just need right?

TRV is basically a sticker on your passport right? That allows you to come back to Canada? I don't need anything else other than TRV to enter Canada right?

thanks

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
As long as you follow the CIC checklist, you should be fine..
Just curious, what about fee payment receipt ? You do not need to pay upfront ?

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
oops sorry forgot to mention......yes I paid it online for multiple visa $150.

I will be sending a receipt with my documents

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
saadt said:
TRV is basically a sticker on your passport right? That allows you to come back to Canada? I don't need anything else other than TRV to enter Canada right?
Yes, it is a sticker. You also need to have valid work permit with TRV.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
So I applied for TRV in mid September and still haven't got my passport back. I sent all the forms with my passport using xpress post.

Any idea how long does it take? I have to travel on Dec 13th and must get my passport back before that

thanks

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hey, so you submitted a paper application in Mid Sep? When did the package arrive in CIC?

It gets me really worried because I submitted a same application back at the beginning of Oct. Must have been much worse...

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
So I applied for TRV in mid September and still haven't got my passport back. I sent all the forms with my passport using xpress post.

Any idea how long does it take? I have to travel on Dec 13th and must get my passport back before that

thanks
Wait a second, do you mean you submitted in mid-OCTOBER, not mid-SEPTEMBER? Your original post was posted on Sep 24, that was when you haven't submitted your application. Am I right?

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Yes Sorry I think I applied 2 days after my original post........it was in sept for sure.

Still waiting for the passport.........its been more than 1 month now.........hoping to get it before Dec 13th

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
Yes Sorry I think I applied 2 days after my original post........it was in sept for sure.

Still waiting for the passport.........its been more than 1 month now.........hoping to get it before Dec 13th
OK do this.

Call Immigration Canada, 1 888 242 2100, dial 1 for English, 2 for existing application, 6 for Temporary Resident Visa, then enter your own client ID and birth year, you will hear your application status. Can you let me know when your application was received after doing this? CIC call centre will automatically tell you when your application was received, which means your envelope is opened and processed in queue.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
so I called CIC and it says my application was received on Oct 2nd...........I guess I should just wait then

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
saadt said:
so I called CIC and it says my application was received on Oct 2nd...........I guess I should just wait then
Saadt, to be honest with you, this happens every time when I apply for something. I kept looking up the processing times posted by CIC and hoping for the best, but kept getting disappointed from time to time :(. When I eventually got approved for something, I felt like I got 10 years older...

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
well TRV normally doesn't take that much time.......I have seen people getting it within 2 months.

Should I email CIC and remind them that im travelling on Dec 13th and need TRV before that?