+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Dependent on Application IMM0008

bainer04

Oct 4, 2014
I have a question on adding my son as a dependent on my wife's Application IMM0008. My son is Canadian by birth and we are waiting on his citizenship right now. Should I remove him as a dependent and just write a letter explaining about him and his situation or do I still need to add him as a dependent?

The question came up because me and my wife know a couple that didn't add their child and just wrote a letter that they were in the process of getting their child's citizenship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your child is canadian and therefore is NOT included in the app as a dependent.

bainer04

Oct 4, 2014
So is the dependent only if my wife had a child that was not my own. I don't have to mention our child in any of our documents?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bainer04 said:
So is the dependent only if my wife had a child that was not my own. I don't have to mention our child in any of our documents?
Are you actually following along with the guide as you fill out the forms? It clearly states under the Dependents section in the guide to not include children that are already Canadian citizens/PRs.

You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

Your Canadian child must still be mentioned in several forms, IMM5406 and IMM5481 if I remember correctly.