+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for Delhi applicants only about Medical tests

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
I have to go for my Medical soon. I can see two places on CIC site for it-Max Multi Speciality Centre and Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Centre.

Before scheduling an appointment and going for it, thought of asking Delhi applicants about-
1) Which is good place to visit among both? I mean who understand immigration process clearly and know what applicant needs from them, who are easy to talk to in case you have apprehensions about results.
2) Do they tell you about anything negative in your results.
3) Any advice you can share with me, like tips on maintaining BP or drinking lots of water etc or advice about something else on medical.

Thanks in advance!

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I looked up on the net but could not find much information about medical tests in Delhi

Here are few pointers that I found :-

1) Looks like Max Get filled up faster than Sadhu Vaswani. The latter hospital is run by some very big charitable trust and is eMedical electronic system enabled meaning doctor will give you an up-front medical notification printout plus they will not ask you for photographs.
(Source - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/emedical-enabled-medical-center-in-delhi-india-t287965.0.html)

2) If you want a copy of your medical exam report, please ask the doctor when you are there.

3) Max has a section exclusively for Immigration Services
http://www.maxhealthcare.in/index.php/patient-visitor-services/domestic-patients/immigration-services#immigration-services

4) Following thread contains lot of generic information and tips for Medical Tests
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-examinationmade-easy-t133692.0.html

Based on what I read, don't worry at all . CIC doesn't care for minor ailments. CIC only flags people with major ailments like Cancer, TB etc. which requires extensive/costly treatment and could be burden on Canadian Health System.

Anyways, once your medicals are done, please do post your experience and learnings on this thread for benefit of others in the queue . All the Best.

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
DigitalDestiny said:
I looked up on the net but could not find much information about medical tests in Delhi

Here are few pointers that I found :-

1) Looks like Max Get filled up faster than Sadhu Vaswani. The latter hospital is run by some very big charitable trust and is eMedical electronic system enabled meaning doctor will give you an up-front medical notification printout plus they will not ask you for photographs.
(Source - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/emedical-enabled-medical-center-in-delhi-india-t287965.0.html)

2) If you want a copy of your medical exam report, please ask the doctor when you are there.

3) Max has a section exclusively for Immigration Services
http://www.maxhealthcare.in/index.php/patient-visitor-services/domestic-patients/immigration-services#immigration-services

4) Following thread contains lot of generic information and tips for Medical Tests
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-examinationmade-easy-t133692.0.html

Based on what I read, don't worry at all . CIC doesn't care for minor ailments. CIC only flags people with major ailments like Cancer, TB etc. which requires extensive/costly treatment and could be burden on Canadian Health System.

Anyways, once your medicals are done, please do post your experience and learnings on this thread for benefit of others in the queue . All the Best.
Max-Panchsheel Marg is good and quick!!
Book an appointment and meet Dr. Bali, It will take an hour for entire process, costs you 4,250, if you take alcohol, then avoid atleast 2 days before appointment. Let me know if any other question. Cheers!!

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
As asked, sharing my experience.
Sorry about its length.

Went to Sadhu Vaswani Medical Centre, Shanti Niketan, Delhi. Had appointment with Dr. Rajiv Khosla. In my short meeting I found him to be very nice and polite, always putting hindi word 'ji' in his talks.

First Dr asked me for my ITA letter. I didn't go with the copy of my ITA as it was not asked anywhere in the CIC site for Medical checkup nor the person at doctor's office asked me to bring but I think it was a mistake from my side as they need something to link your report with thought I am not sure. Dr told me he is fine if I can show him the ITA letter from my mobile. I came out of doctor's room and with slow interned speed was finally able to fetch the ITA letter in 30 odd mins. Went back to Dr's room again. Luckily he was not with any patient at that time. And so now the process started.
He verified my ITA letter
Filled the online eMedical form and asked me to verify the information like my DOB, address, Passport no. etc on screen.
Eye sight check- With both eyes asked to read letter from slight distance.
Checked my height and body weight.
Asked a set of question about any existing disease like TB, Cancer, HIV, any surgery, what type of medications I am on.
Then checked my BP. It came at 140/88. He asked have I checked my BP earlier, when it was and what were the results. He said its at Borderline and he is not sure how CIC will take it. I have my fingers crossed.
Then for physical examination he asked me to remove everything except my underwear and lay on the examination bed. Then with his small hammer like instrument he slightly hit me a my elbow joints and knee joint. Put his stethoscope around heart area on chest , checked there. I was really tense with high BP and generally during checkups my heart beats go up. So he asked me-Why I am so tensed. He asked me to relax and take deep breaths and then again checked with his stethoscope.
That was it at his room. I asked him how did it go except my BP, he said I am fine. But I have my fingers crossed over BP.
Now his assistant sister gave me form which has my Photo pasted, other details that doctor filled online. I haven't yet read it but this is the form which I need to upload for my medical checkup and has a UMI number.
Doctor assistant also gave a form with what other tests I need to undergo and asked me to pay the bill for it . It costed Rs 4100. Then they took blood sample, urine sample and Xray of chest. Also a photograph.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 Thanks a lot KnowAndShare. Great information.

Now we know exactly, what to expect in the medical test and henceforth will carry ITA letter along with passport and photographs.

And don't worry about blood pressure thing. Yours is on borderline and within permissible limits, CIC will have no problems . Do not worry.

All the Best and thanks again

akreturns

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
thanks for sharing your experience but I am confused why they have different charges, because I called Max and they said 4850/- whereas Sadhu vasvani said 4450/-

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Might be due to variation in INR-CAD$ rate....

Max is known to have more rush as they are on panel for UK, Australian immigration as well . Anyways, you can go at either of the place and don't forget to share your experience here.... All the Best

grange

Jul 19, 2016
For Sadhu Vasvani Mission, do you know if they send the results directly to the Canadian embassy in Delhi or do I need to send it?

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
grange said:
For Sadhu Vasvani Mission, do you know if they send the results directly to the Canadian embassy in Delhi or do I need to send it?
They have electronic submission system, so they will submit your report to CIC online but also give you a two piece page which is kind of a document which has your picture stamped and some CIC specific medical test information. You need to keep this paper with you, get it scanned and upload it during your final submission for PR.

akreturns

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
grange said:
I had it at Sadhu Vasvani and still my result have not been updated at ECAS, moreover its like a charitable clinic but they charge a good amount of money,
So i personally prefer MAX, as they give you service for which you pay

Ashi19

Apr 18, 2017
Checked recently, difference of amount is huge, while sadhu vasvani charges INR 4480; Max is charging INR 6610.

However, You need to wait for almost 15 days to get appointment in sadhu vasvani ; while its available immediately in max

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Max hospital used to charge 6500+ when we went last year in panchsheel park. I just booked an appointment for tomorrow as my earlier medical got expired and they told me Rs 4100 as the charge for the medical examination. Surprised with the low charges..