+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: CEC Process After Receiving Medical Examination Request

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, really appreciated!! :D

Here is a run-down of my situation:
- Applied for PR under the CEC program on August 16, 2013
- Received AOR (via email only) on October 18, 2013
- Received Medical Examination request on March 13, 2014

Overall, it's been about 7 months since my original application.
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with an idea of what the process is going to be like after I submit my medical examination results.
A few key questions I'm keen to get answered are:
1. How long does it typically take after you submit your medical examination results until you receive your PR status?
2. Could you be rejected to PR status after you have received the Medical Examination request?

I also received (also on March 13, 2014) an email from CIC requesting for me to submit an original copy of the police clearance certification from my home country.
I actually submitted along with my initial application and have sent them an email asking for clarification on what the issue is.
For clarity, my parents obtained the clearance certificate from my home country on my behalf and had it translated by a translator.
Then the translation was notarized by a notary.
If anyone else had a similar issue with regards to the police clearance certification, could someone share their experience?

Thanks everyone!

Joshkim993

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
08-05-2014
Med's Request
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
20-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa-Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
richard.kim said:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, really appreciated! :D

Here is a run-down of my situation:
- Applied for PR under the CEC program on August 16, 2013
- Received AOR (via email only) on October 18, 2013
- Received Medical Examination request on March 13, 2014

Overall, it's been about 7 months since my original application.
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with an idea of what the process is going to be like after I submit my medical examination results.
A few key questions I'm keen to get answered are:
1. How long does it typically take after you submit your medical examination results until you receive your PR status?
2. Could you be rejected to PR status after you have received the Medical Examination request?

I also received (also on March 13, 2014) an email from CIC requesting for me to submit an original copy of the police clearance certification from my home country.
I actually submitted along with my initial application and have sent them an email asking for clarification on what the issue is.
For clarity, my parents obtained the clearance certificate from my home country on my behalf and had it translated by a translator.
Then the translation was notarized by a notary.
If anyone else had a similar issue with regards to the police clearance certification, could someone share their experience?

Thanks everyone!
Good Job!
If your medical results are good, they will request that you send in your passport and pay RPRF then they'll give you COPR for you to land.
For the answer for question number one you can look at people's spreadsheet (people who applied somewhere between JUNE-JULY?) proved below.
-> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/spreadsheets.html
And yes it is most unlikely but there has been few that have gotten a refusal letter after medical request with the reason other than medical.

It's best not to question them as you are wasting their time and they are probably not going to give you a clear answer.
In my opinion I think it is the best to just get the document and send it as quickly as possible, no questions asked.
They're probably asking it because your application was originally filed more than a year ago and they just want the most up to date information on your police records since they are only valid for one year.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply Josh!

That's odd because my police clearance certificate is definitely not a year old.
I obtained it in August of 2013 (therefore about 8 months old at max).

I am wondering if what I have done is correct.
1. Obtain the certificate
2. Have it translated by a translator
3. Have the translation notarized by a notary.

Should I instead have it translated by this "Certified Translator" that CIC mentions?
I had it translated by a translator in my home country instead and I'm not sure if this is an issue.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
richard.kim said:
Thanks for the reply Josh!

That's odd because my police clearance certificate is definitely not a year old.
I obtained it in August of 2013 (therefore about 8 months old at max).

I am wondering if what I have done is correct.
1. Obtain the certificate
2. Have it translated by a translator
3. Have the translation notarized by a notary.

Should I instead have it translated by this "Certified Translator" that CIC mentions?
I had it translated by a translator in my home country instead and I'm not sure if this is an issue.
Hi,

Does the PCC email look like the sample below ? If so, it is a generic email that most of us applicants are receiving, maybe part of some new process CIC has initiated recently. I got the same letter last month and ignored it, since I have already submitted an original PCC with my application. So did all the other applicants, from what I've seen on this forum. The only small odd thing with your case seems to be that you received this email with your MR, whereas, all other applicants (including me) received it couple of days before receiving the MR.

This is regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada which is now in queue to be reviewed by a visa officer. Please note that you must submit original police certificates for you and any accompanying dependents for all countries where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18.

If you are currently in possession of any police certificates, which were not submitted with your original application, please submit them to our office now.

If you have already submitted your police certificates, do not apply for or submit new documents. We will contact you once your application has been reviewed by a visa officer.

If you are in the process of obtaining the required documents and have not yet received them, submit them to our office as soon as they are available.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Adding to what razorblade has provided:

Or did you get something like:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

XXXXXXXX - ***********:
> Police Certificate: provide an original police clearance certificate from ZZZZZZZZ.

YYYYYYYY - &&&&&&&&&&:
> Police Certificate: provide an original police clearance certificate from ZZZZZZZZ.

Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
MenicMonday, I got exactly the same one you just quoted up there!

I'm a bit puzzled and wondering if I need to get a new one from my home country...
Please let me know if you have any experience with this.

Thanks a lot!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Mine is a bit different.
I got a call from CIC, asking for clarifications on my application (e.g. how long was I in the US the last time, if I am still working for the company in my WP, etc.). He informed me that I will need to submit PCC. I told him I already have these with me ready for submission, and I asked if these are still okay (these were issued July 2013, my application was sent July 2013, but I wasn't able to send the PCC along; the call happened mid-Feb).
He said these were okay.
It may differ from country-to-country though (validity/acceptance).

Segueway: I asked on the same call if I needed to do Medicals, he said it should have been sent by email, he double-checked, and I got the MRs while we were talking and I confirmed with him. He said to expect a few emails within the next couple of weeks and after a few days I got the Bio-Data, RPRF, PCC emails.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
I am applying within Canada (Ottawa office) and unfortunately there are no contact details for the visa office except for the email address.
I wish I could call them to ask them the question...

Do you have any idea how I should respond to their request for PCC, which I already have submitted..?

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
MenicMonday said:
Mine is a bit different.
I got a call from CIC, asking for clarifications on my application (e.g. how long was I in the US the last time, if I am still working for the company in my WP, etc.). He informed me that I will need to submit PCC. I told him I already have these with me ready for submission, and I asked if these are still okay (these were issued July 2013, my application was sent July 2013, but I wasn't able to send the PCC along; the call happened mid-Feb).
He said these were okay.

Segueway: I asked on the same call if I needed to do Medicals, he said it should have been sent by email, he double-checked, and I got the MRs while we were talking and I confirmed with him. He said to expect a few emails within the next couple of weeks and after a few days I got the Bio-Data, RPRF, PCC emails.
Cool! That would be nice if everyone could get a call like this!

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
I received the following e-mail and wondering what I should do.

Dear <NAME>:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø <CLIENT ID> - <NAME>:
Ø Police Certificate: Provide an original police clearance certificate from <COUNTRY> including lapsed records. For more information, please consult the following website:<URL>. This must be received at this office by: 05/12/2014

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Could someone please help me out here ???

Joshkim993

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
08-05-2014
Med's Request
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
20-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa-Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
richard.kim said:
I received the following e-mail and wondering what I should do.

Dear <NAME>:

Ø <CLIENT ID> - <NAME>:
Ø Police Certificate: Provide an original police clearance certificate from <COUNTRY> including lapsed records. For more information, please consult the following website:<URL>. This must be received at this office by: 05/12/2014

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Could someone please help me out here ???
Did you by any chance send a copied Police Clearance Certificate?
Or maybe that Certificate didn't include "including lapsed records."

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
MenicMonday said:
Mine is a bit different.
He said these were okay.

Nice, that's very lucky ... life would be simpler if we had direct access to the VO

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
I provided the original copy with a translated copy notarized by a notary.
I also followed the instructions provided by CIC in terms of obtaining the PCC in my country.
(i.e. template and request forms, etc.)

I was also wondering if the PCC needs to be translated by a "certified translator" located in Canada or if I can have it translated by a translator in my home country as well?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
richard.kim said:
I provided the original copy with a translated copy notarized by a notary.
I also followed the instructions provided by CIC in terms of obtaining the PCC in my country.
(i.e. template and request forms, etc.)

I was also wondering if the PCC needs to be translated by a "certified translator" located in Canada or if I can have it translated by a translator in my home country as well?
Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
Thanks for the details Razorblade!

I will have to check my original documents (copied version of my entire application) but I think I followed all the steps that you outlined.

1. Obtained the original PCC
2. Had the PCC translated by a translator
3. Had the translation notarized by a notary public

My only question is regarding the certification of the original copy.
I'm just wondering how you could have an original copy certified against an original document...
In other words, if I am already submitting the original document, how does one compare it against the original document...? ???