Sep 23, 2018
Yeah, what Bs65 said.

Basic questions:
- Where in Canada are you going to?
- What's your purpose?
- How long?
- Where are you staying?

That's it.

They don't really grill you unless there's something suspicious, like in your answers or your body language.
Thanks Bs65 and BELLALUNA!! I really appreciate your responses. Apologies if I'm starting to sound annoying because I keep on asking too many questions. Mom and Dad wanted me to apply with them. They want me to at least try the application and to not just give up. If in case approved, they will accompany me to Canada. Both have US Visas but my mom is the one who travels more.

Anyways, thanks again! :) I just hope that our applications will make it on time as they have planned visits to US prior Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks Bs65 and BELLALUNA!! I really appreciate your responses. Apologies if I'm starting to sound annoying because I keep on asking too many questions. Mom and Dad wanted me to apply with them. They want me to at least try the application and to not just give up. If in case approved, they will accompany me to Canada. Both have US Visas but my mom is the one who travels more.

Anyways, thanks again! :) I just hope that our applications will make it on time as they have planned visits to US prior Canada.
They can apply online and have the visas stamped in the US.

But if they have valid US visas, they may qualify for expedited processing.

jorenasuncion

Sep 23, 2018
They can apply online and have the visas stamped in the US.

But if they have valid US visas, they may qualify for expedited processing.
Hi, just updating you for the status of our application. Our Visa is now approved!!!! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!! I keep pinching myself if this is really true!! Thanks guyz for your tips! I really appreciate it! :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, just updating you for the status of our application. Our Visa is now approved!!!! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!! I keep pinching myself if this is really true!! Thanks guyz for your tips! I really appreciate it! :)
Good to know it worked out, congratulations. :)

jorenasuncion

Sep 23, 2018
Good to know it worked out, congratulations. :)
Thanks Bellaluna, the feeling was indescribable, hopefully this will be my start to travel the rest of the world. So excited to have my Canadian adventure. <3

I was just wondering, did you have a hard time passing through the Philippine Immigration? Did they ask you for any documents before letting you board the plane?

Thanks,
Josh

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks Bellaluna, the feeling was indescribable, hopefully this will be my start to travel the rest of the world. So excited to have my Canadian adventure. <3

I was just wondering, did you have a hard time passing through the Philippine Immigration? Did they ask you for any documents before letting you board the plane?

Thanks,
Josh
Not really. Just got asked if I worked at a private company, based on the job title I put in the departure card. They are more lax when you already have a visa to a Western country because you’ve been vetted already. I was given a harder time when I flew to Hong Kong and they asked for company ID. :confused:

jorenasuncion

Sep 23, 2018
Not really. Just got asked if I worked at a private company, based on the job title I put in the departure card. They are more lax when you already have a visa to a Western country because you’ve been vetted already. I was given a harder time when I flew to Hong Kong and they asked for company ID. :confused:
Thanks, I just read that they are stricter if you are going to places like Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Hongkong etc.