+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

iLegend

May 1, 2019
Hello, I have just started the process for Express Entry and I had a question regarding the police certificate. I am from India and living in the US for more than 10 years now and haven't been to any other country for more than 6 months. Do I need to get PCC from India as well?

I saw in the IRCC website it is mentioned "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row". It would be really great to hear what is the experience of people who have been through this process?

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi All,
I received ITA in Jan and applied in person for Indian PCC in Chicago by end of Jan 2018. Its been 2 months and I haven't received. My passport is issued in Bangalore. When I called Chicago they are saying that Bangalore RPO is waiting for the police station. Police verification was completed mid Feb at my place and my parents checked with police station and commissioners office. Both the records indicate they have given clearance and sent to RPO. RPO only sees people with appointment so my parents not able to check the status with them. Sent an email to Bangalore RPO and there is no response. Chicago consulate tells me that they have sent reminder to Bangalore RPO 3 times and they say it is stuck at police verification. Don't know how to proceed. 14 days remaining to submit my PR application. Anybody in this situation and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anybody got their PCC after waiting for more than 3-4 weeks? Please share your timeline and experience
Hi @soori89 / @nextupca, / Anyone
I received my ITA on 17 April and I went to Chicago consulate for PCC for me and my spouse. Our passports were issued from Chicago. I got my PCC same day. Somehow they couldn't find the record of my wife in their system and they had to send documents(Personal Particulars Form only told by the officer) to India for verification. I still have around 42 days to submit my documents. I am just curious, how much time did it take for you guys to get your PCC done from India.

Also, whoever is applying in person, please carry exact $27 for PCC. I saw a lot of people asking for change or going out to buy something because consulate people didn't have change.

Last edited:

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi @soori89 / @nextupca, / Anyone
I received my ITA on 17 April and I went to Chicago consulate for PCC for me and my spouse. Our passports were issued from Chicago. I got my PCC same day. Somehow they couldn't find the record of my wife in their system and they had to send documents(Personal Particulars Form only told by the officer) to India for verification. I still have around 42 days to submit my documents. I am just curious, how much time did it take for you guys to get your PCC done from India.

Also, whoever is applying in person, please carry exact $27 for PCC. I saw a lot of people asking for change or going out to buy something because consulate people didn't have change.
Makes me wonder how is the name not in system, I know for a fact the passports in India is received after physical verification from the corresponding police station.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, I have just started the process for Express Entry and I had a question regarding the police certificate. I am from India and living in the US for more than 10 years now and haven't been to any other country for more than 6 months. Do I need to get PCC from India as well?

I saw in the IRCC website it is mentioned "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row". It would be really great to hear what is the experience of people who have been through this process?
Technically you don't India PCC but there are quite a few cases on the forum where PCC for home country was requested by IRCC. My advice would be to apply for India PCC just to be sure and avoid delays later on if they ask for one.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Makes me wonder how is the name not in system, I know for a fact the passports in India is received after physical verification from the corresponding police station.
I only reason I can think is her both passports applications were "tatkal" in which they do police verification later.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
I only reason I can think is her both passports applications were "tatkal" in which they do police verification later.
Ah, that explains it,.

I see from your signature, that you have received an ITA on April 17th, me too!
Are you done collecting all the check listed documents except for the Indian PCC?

EDIT: From your previous reply (sorry should have remembered it), I see that you are from US as well, are you going in as Spouse accompanying ?, I am going in as spouse/kid un-accompanying, trying to come up with a plausible reason for spouse/kid not accompanying :-|

PM me, we can connect further

Last edited:

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Technically you don't India PCC but there are quite a few cases on the forum where PCC for home country was requested by IRCC. My advice would be to apply for India PCC just to be sure and avoid delays later on if they ask for one.
Interesting, after reading your comments, I double checked the check list again, it doesn't mention Indian PCC for me but for my spouse it is listed as required,.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Interesting, after reading your comments, I double checked the check list again, it doesn't mention Indian PCC for me but for my spouse it is listed as required,.
PCC for the spouse is required even if she is not accompanying you.
What I have read on other forums is if your PCC get delayed then submit your application near end date with PCC receipt and mention it in LOE. Once you get PCC you can upload it using a web form.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
PCC for the spouse is required even if she is not accompanying you.
What I have read on other forums is if your PCC get delayed then submit your application near end date with PCC receipt and mention it in LOE. Once you get PCC you can upload it using a web form.
yup, what's interesting is in check-list, it doesn't list Indian PCC for me, but for my wife it says required,.
In any case, I have applied for both from get-go

kvasant

Jul 28, 2018
Detroit Michigan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
Hello all,

I applied for PCC in January this year with my passport issued in India(Ahmedabad). I renewed my passport this April from Chicago consulate. I haven't heard anything back on my old application yet. I decided to visit consulate for a new PCC after renewing my passport and I was told that my old application is still pending, so they can't issue me Pcc on new passport.

My parents visited police commissioner's office and they were asked for a 15 digit file number (my old passport had 12 digits only). I did get a file reference number from Chicago consulate (not sure if that is the file number!)

I was wondering, if anyone could share experience in this process? What documents/reference number did police in India asked for?
Thanks!

mo123mo

Nov 22, 2018
hi all

i'm in USA and have got Indian PCC from Indian consulate in Dec 2018. Now it's going to be 5 months old.. Is it advisable to submit it for 10-May-19 submission or get a new one and submit... any idea guys ?

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
hi all

i'm in USA and have got Indian PCC from Indian consulate in Dec 2018. Now it's going to be 5 months old.. Is it advisable to submit it for 10-May-19 submission or get a new one and submit... any idea guys ?
Your PCC will expire after 6 months of issue date. It is better to get a new PCC just to avoid any complications/delay it may cause.

Reactions: mo123mo

prin999

May 3, 2019
From https://www.am22tech.com/indian-police-clearance-certificate/

"There is NO expiry date mentioned on the Indian police clearance issued by Indian consulate.

The common guideline is that it is valid indefinitely for the purpose of submitting for USA Green card interview and other country’s immigration.

The only exception is that you should have NOT moved back to INDIA and stayed there for 6 months or more. If you have gone back to India after the issuance of the last Indian PCC, and stayed there for more than 6 months (182 days), then you need to get a NEW Police clearance certificate."

AppleTalk

Jul 12, 2019
If we are applying for Indian PCC from USA (applying in person, not by post), do we need to notarize the documents?