+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about a question in the PR application.

Sagar95

Nov 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

I got my ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I still have a chance to review and make final adjustments in the profile. So i started working as a Computer Repair Technician (NOC 2242) on Feb 2019 worked for a whole year but got temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 (shortage of business) on March 22nd 2020 and was told by the employer that i will be called back to work once the business gets back to normal. I have completed my 1 year experience with the above position.

Now my question is, under the "Work History" tab in the express entry profile, there is a question "Are you currently working in Canada?" (I m on CERB and currently not working.) So should i answer it as "No"?. If I answer it as "NO", then i dont get the option to answer the 4 following questions. Or should i answer it as "YES" because i m not fired but just temporarily laid off and technically still have the job.

I m a newbie and will appreciate any of your help.

Thanks.

upav

Apr 18, 2020
If you answer it as "yes", then "try to get the letter from the employer stating that you were laid off from that job due to COVID-19, and you will be rejoined once the situation is back to normal".

If you answer "NO" i guess still you will be fine as you have claimed the points for one year Canadian experience (Feb 2019 to March 2020)

Hope this helps.....

Sagar95

Nov 20, 2018
Hey upav,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I did messed up my pre-ITA application big time. On my pre-ITA application, for the question "Do you have a valid job offer?" and i answered it "YES" answered the following questions and for the question "Was a positive LMIA issued?" I answered no.

Before creating my EE profile, i was standing at 462 (calculated using crs calculator). My points despite of this honest mistake is still 462 (unchanged) because i received 0 points for "CRS-ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT".

I was under the impression that the question was about the 1 year experience but it wasn't.

Now i want to rectify it and change the answer to the above question in Post-ITA application to "NO". However this change wont be reflected in the PRE-ITA application and now i m stuck.

What will be the best course of action?

upav

Apr 18, 2020
If you are standing at 462 points, its better to decline ITA on safer side and wait for the next draw.......