+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries on TRV for parents

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
In TRV, there's a doc which I've to provide for Purpose of Travel - Other which says below

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:
  1. Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  2. Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  3. Proof of a medical appointment.
But how can I buy her tickets before getting TRV? Can anyone suggest what doc I should provide here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In TRV, there's a doc which I've to provide for Purpose of Travel - Other which says below

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:
  1. Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  2. Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  3. Proof of a medical appointment.
But how can I buy her tickets before getting TRV? Can anyone suggest what doc I should provide here?
Don't buy a plane ticket. Just provide the flight itinerary.

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
do not show more than 2 weeks itinerary. by the way if you are sending her invitation no need to show day to itinerary, no need to show flight tickets, benefit of blood relation. in purpose of visit you can just write a letter explaining the reasons for her visit. i have seen people getting visas without any of those. main reason to get visa is owning a property back home especially for younger people. elderly parents do get visa easily.
Thanks for the details, so I don't need even flight itinerary right? I had already prepared invitation letter, now under Purpose of Travel IRCC specifically mentioned only the above 3 docs, will this workout if I add a letter here other than those 3?

Also I want my mother to stay with us for at least 5 or 6 months, should I've to prepare itinerary for weeks will be helpful?

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
does not matter how long she intends to stay- in order to get visa do not show travel for more than 2 weeks, no need of flight itinerary either but if it is something u can get it easily no harm in uploading , if you can get your invitation letter done by an attorney it will make the application stronger because a professional will cover all the points required in the invitation letter. visa officer is going to read that thoroughly .
Ok sure, thanks