+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries on TRV for parents

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

I have arrived to Canada in October 2019 with my spouse and kid on Work Permit.

I wanted to initiate Visitor Visa for my Parents for sightseeing in Canada as well as to spend time with my family.

I am having following queries-
1) I wanted them to stay for 4-5 months but I have read that there is chance of rejection if length of stay is more than 3-4 weeks. Please confirm if I can show duration as 4-5 months.

2) How much bank balance is required to be shown for each parent?

Please make a note of following points -
1) My dad is retired and mom is housewife
2) They don’t have travel history
3) They have property in my home country I.e. India
4) As I arrived recently, I have saving of nearly 12k CAD only so far
5) My elder sister is married and is in India only

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have arrived to Canada in October 2019 with my spouse and kid on Work Permit.

I wanted to initiate Visitor Visa for my Parents for sightseeing in Canada as well as to spend time with my family.

I am having following queries-
1) I wanted them to stay for 4-5 months but I have read that there is chance of rejection if length of stay is more than 3-4 weeks. Please confirm if I can show duration as 4-5 months.

2) How much bank balance is required to be shown for each parent?

Please make a note of following points -
1) My dad is retired and mom is housewife
2) They don’t have travel history
3) They have property in my home country I.e. India
4) As I arrived recently, I have saving of nearly 12k CAD only so far
5) My elder sister is married and is in India only
They need to show their own funds to pay for any travel. They should not ask for more than 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: AS224

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Thanks. Can you please guide me how much fund they need to show in terms of saving account and fixed Deposits?

Also, if my parents apply for 2-3 weeks, then Immigration officer will stamp passport for 2-3 weeks only OR by default they will get for 6 months and can stay longer than initial plan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no need to show more than 2 weeks, they will get visa according to expiry date of their passport. number of days they are allowed to stay would be decided at port of entry. normally people get 6 months on their first visit.
Expiry of visas do not always coincide with passport expiry dates.
Thanks. Can you please guide me how much fund they need to show in terms of saving account and fixed Deposits?

Also, if my parents apply for 2-3 weeks, then Immigration officer will stamp passport for 2-3 weeks only OR by default they will get for 6 months and can stay longer than initial plan?
There is never a guarantee about how long they will be given at a POE. Would try to qualify for TRV first.

Reactions: AS224

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Thanks canuck78 am iglu. Can you please guide me how much fund they need to show in terms of saving account and fixed Deposits?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck78 am iglu. Can you please guide me how much fund they need to show in terms of saving account and fixed Deposits?
There is no standard amount. It is the whole picture that will be examined. A large infusion of cash would create questions so whatever they currently have. It will likely have to be over 10k. They should also purchase medical insurance because you can’t afford any type of hospitalization.

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
There is no standard amount. It is the whole picture that will be examined. A large infusion of cash would create questions so whatever they currently have. It will likely have to be over 10k. They should also purchase medical insurance because you can’t afford any type of hospitalization.
Thanks.
1) Should I purchase medical insurance now and attach in TRV application? If yes, amount will be wasted if visa is rejected?
2) I just landed in mid of October 2019 so can my parents apply now for TRV or should wait to avoid rejection? If they should wait, then please confirm when they should apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks.
1) Should I purchase medical insurance now and attach in TRV application? If yes, amount will be wasted if visa is rejected?
2) I just landed in mid of October 2019 so can my parents apply now for TRV or should wait to avoid rejection? If they should wait, then please confirm when they should apply.
Would include in their application that they will purchase medical insurance and would do it if they get approved because you can’t afford a 100k bill. It is very hard to guess whether they will get approved. I usually suggest people wait until they have worked for 6 months before they invite visitors but your parents have no other travel history and I am not sure what kind of savings they have. A 4-5 month visit is very long for parents visiting a child in another country. You will a
so have to verify with your landlord whether you are allowed visitors especially for that period of time. Most landlords would consider people staying in an apartment for 4-5 months as extra tenants and may require more rent if utilities are included or may not allow longterm visitors at all.

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm on Work permit in canada with wife and kid for the last 1.5yrs, I'm planning to bring my mom in visitor visa during Sep or Oct 2020 but it seems visitors not yet allowed in canada also VFS centers where we provide bio-metrics is remains closed due to COVID-19

Anyone is having an idea when the VFS center will be opened and we can bring parents here? Will it be smooth or take longer than expected to process visitor visa application if I started now?

If possible can anyone share letter formats for Invitation Letter, Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm on Work permit in canada with wife and kid for the last 1.5yrs, I'm planning to bring my mom in visitor visa during Sep or Oct 2020 but it seems visitors not yet allowed in canada also VFS centers where we provide bio-metrics is remains closed due to COVID-19

Anyone is having an idea when the VFS center will be opened and we can bring parents here? Will it be smooth or take longer than expected to process visitor visa application if I started now?

If possible can anyone share letter formats for Invitation Letter, Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter ?
Impossible to know when when anything will be open. Embassy/consulate is also closed or is running with minimal staff since most of the Canadian staff returned home knowing there would not be enough healthcare resources to support everyone who gets covid. Would think that it is unlikely that she will get a TRV by Sept/Oct 2020. They also need a flight and the permission to enter Canada as the parent of a WP holder. Assume there is a chance your wife is pregnant. I would make sure you are making plans assuming your mother can’t get to Canada. If she gets to Canada it will be great but there are many obstacles so please start having a plan B.

Does your mother have enough savings with your father. Their savings are important when it comes to TRV not yours. Has she travelled internationally? To countries similar to Canada? What about ties to her home country. If she has a spouse that would be one good time.

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Impossible to know when when anything will be open. Embassy/consulate is also closed or is running with minimal staff since most of the Canadian staff returned home knowing there would not be enough healthcare resources to support everyone who gets covid. Would think that it is unlikely that she will get a TRV by Sept/Oct 2020. They also need a flight and the permission to enter Canada as the parent of a WP holder. Assume there is a chance your wife is pregnant. I would make sure you are making plans assuming your mother can’t get to Canada. If she gets to Canada it will be great but there are many obstacles so please start having a plan B.

Does your mother have enough savings with your father. Their savings are important when it comes to TRV not yours. Has she travelled internationally? To countries similar to Canada? What about ties to her home country. If she has a spouse that would be one good time.
Yes she had traveled U.S and has a valid US visitor visa as well, no worries about her savings or my savings, I'm good to get her in Canada anytime whenever flight operates or Visit VISA opened. All I need to know is about below docs, what all needs to be included here? Only this information is required

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Proof of Means of Financial Support

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she had traveled U.S and has a valid US visitor visa as well, no worries about her savings or my savings, I'm good to get her in Canada anytime whenever flight operates or Visit VISA opened. All I need to know is about below docs, what all needs to be included here? Only this information is required

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Proof of Means of Financial Support
For a TRV what is most important is her financial documents not yours. If you only submit your own financial documents the TRV will be refused. Visitors must be able to show they can pay for their own travels without exhausting a large portion of their savings even if the supporter will be paying their expenses. In terms of documents things like NOA, account balances, property valuation especially useful for those living abroad who are retired.

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
For a TRV what is most important is her financial documents not yours. If you only submit your own financial documents the TRV will be refused. Visitors must be able to show they can pay for their own travels without exhausting a large portion of their savings even if the supporter will be paying their expenses. In terms of documents things like NOA, account balances, property valuation especially useful for those living abroad who are retired.
Yes as I said already, I'm showing Finance statements for my mom along with myself, NOT ONLY MY MOM's. Thanks for the clarification.