+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Same situation as you, just received AOR and in the online account it says: "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details." but no idea which ones. I saw that you applied single, but they asked for common law proof. Is it because you became commons laws after you sent your application as single? If so, I am on the same boat too haha.
Hope the best for you and your family, and "Mucha fuerza y un abrazo desde el otro lado del Río (Uruguay)"
She said that she applied already for PR with common-law status and she mentioned her partner as Canadian everywhere, and they still asked for the proof.

Reactions: Anitsuga

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Same situation as you, just received AOR and in the online account it says: "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details." but no idea which ones. I saw that you applied single, but they asked for common law proof. Is it because you became commons laws after you sent your application as single? If so, I am on the same boat too haha.
Hope the best for you and your family, and "Mucha fuerza y un abrazo desde el otro lado del Río (Uruguay)"
Please let us know what kind of document they will require from you! Thank you :)

Reactions: LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
She said that she applied already for PR with common-law status and she mentioned her partner as Canadian everywhere, and they still asked for the proof.
For the common law, I think they always ask for common law/marriage proof regardless, even if the person it is not accompanying you in the application. I called IRCC and they told me that even If my partner doesn't not apply with me(and therefore could not be sponsored in the future) it should be added to the application and all the pertinent documents with it, as it could be a "grave" violation. Maybe to scare me, but one never knows with these things.

Please let us know what kind of document they will require from you! Thank you :)
Will do, best of luck :)

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
For the common law, I think they always ask for common law/marriage proof regardless, even if the person it is not accompanying you in the application. I called IRCC and they told me that even If my partner doesn't not apply with me(and therefore could not be sponsored in the future) it should be added to the application and all the pertinent documents with it, as it could be a "grave" violation. Maybe to scare me, but one never knows with these things.
Well, they are right - you suppose to mention your common-law, you can't hide this thing.
The question is about "proof". Usually, they ask about proof because they need to issue PR for your partner, that's why you need to prove to them that this relationship is real.

In case your partner in Canadain, you can't be his/her sponsor, it's ridiculous and you are applying as a worker, so no need to prove the relationship, because you don't get any benefit from your partner. It's not a family reunion.

That's why I don't understand what's going on.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
1 888 242 2100
I went to check my application through the automated phone system.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
My wife just got the Confirmation portal email, I suppose that mine went to my representative (I don't know why came directly to my wife's email).

Edit: Just now my lawyer sent mine too!

Last edited:

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
My wife just got the Confirmation portal email, I suppose that mine went to my representative (I don't know why came directly to my wife's email).

Edit: Just now my lawyer sent mine too!
Congratulations!
Do you see any update in your ecas? like decision etc?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Congratulations!
Do you see any update in your ecas? like decision etc?
Thanks!
No, it still says that they have requested medical exam.