+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
They will start to process his application when they send the AOR. Before that time is just waiting to be handle by one agent.
Guys Today I talked to agent to know the current status of my application.
She said, "Nothing is started in your application. We have not started processing on your application. When you receive the AOR, it means we have started processing on application."

But I am surprised as well as I am happy for those lucky guys on this forum who claim that something (criminality check, security check etc.) is going on before issuing AOR on their applications.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
You can order GCMS notes to verify it.
In my case this is what the agent told me by phone and the notes as well.

elra

Apr 23, 2021
I've checked your timeline. Medical passed on May 5 and Pre-arrival on May 28. For me pre-arrival like you on May 28 and medical passed on June 11 (medical request on May 26). You're are waiting around 41 days since your Medical passed. It's likely I have an extensive security check. Are you from or traveled to a country that increase the chance of extensive security check? So far I saw 3-4 people here that got their COPR in 2 month. I'm just curious how many people passed their medical in 2021 and are waiting more than 2-3 months for their COPR. I have a job offer from outside Quebec and an ITA for CEC. I have trusted Quebec government multiple times and I always disappointed. It seems finding realistic data is difficult.
Yes I am from Iran and usually applications from Iran take longer than usual. Based on my last GCMS notes I am in info sharing process. I have had the U.S. visa before there they sent my biometric to the U.S. as well. Nz, Australia and UK have returned their record of me to Canada but they are still waiting for the U.S. response.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Just spoke with an agent and he told me that from what he can see the criminality is in progress since last November, which I already knew, and the most important thing for me is that the fees are reserved and according to his experience the completeness review is done, which nobody had told me in the past. He said that he couldn't say when I am going to receive the AOR and that they are working hard to clear the backlog (bla, bla, bla).
Any experience or comments regarding they have reserved my fees??
I am longing for some good news...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kzee20 and Immstu

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Just spoke with an agent and he told me that from what he can see is the criminality is in progress since last November, which I already knew, and the most important thing for me is that the fees are reserved and according to his experience the completeness review is done, which nobody had told me in the past. He said that he couldn't say when I am going to receive the AOR and that they are working hard to clear the backlog (bla, bla, bla).
Any experience or comments regarding they have reserved my fees??
I am longing for some good news...
That’s a good news for you. They might have considered your application under this year Quota. You can expect your AOR sometime soon.
btw we applied around the same time. If I remember correctly, you have a Canadian born child in your application. Did you include your child in the main application or just in the Family information forms? I’m curious since i have only mentioned mine in the information and not included as an applicant because Canadian born is already a citizen. thanks

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Wow very good memory! As far as I remember (I did the process through a lawyer) my son isn't part of the application and he is of course mentioned in the family forms.
I think that he shouldn't be part of the app as he is already Canadian citizen.
I applied last July, you?
Have you called recently? What did they say?

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Wow very good memory! As far as I remember (I did the process through a lawyer) my son isn't part of the application and he is of course mentioned in the family forms.
I think that he shouldn't be part of the app as he is already Canadian citizen.
I applied last July, you?
Have you called recently? What did they say?
I remember because when our CSQ was approved at that time you had this question about Canadian born child documents, which i had been through the same process.
I also applied last year in July. I called them but no such news they asked me to wait for AOR and the process is not yet started. I’m waiting for my notes to see the progress.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
This answer sounds like an agent who I talked to a previous time and he didn't even want to open my file. He just said that my file has a temporary number, the process hasn't started yet and if they need anything else they will contact me.
If you are curious and impatient like me, called them again and ask them about the completeness review and if the fees are reserved.
If you aren't you are a happy person!!

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
This answer sounds like an agent who I talked to a previous time and he didn't even want to open my file. He just said that my file has a temporary number, the process hasn't started yet and if they need anything else they will contact me.
If you are curious and impatient like me, called them again and ask them about the completeness review and if the fees are reserved.
If you aren't you are a happy person!!
This was my second attempt a couple of weeks ago. The fist time was like you just mentioned. This agent was nice and I asked him explicitly about everything including completeness check, which he was reluctant to answer and said you are good you have temporary AOR and I can’t guarantee you anything and I can see you have requested ATIP notes so you will have more details in the notes.
Do you also hear criminality in progress from the auto voice message when you call IRCC?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
No, the agent had told me and it is written on the notes, too. But I don't remember which was first. I think he read from the notes.
I have called already 4 times, every month since April.

Reactions: Kzee20

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Hey thats good news, I guess the quota could reach all the way to July 2020 and include you all. Hope you guys get your AORs.