+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
there you go, are they gonna cancel the already submitted applications? They shouldn’t have issued CSQs in the first place if they were planning not to allow them to be processed in the federal stage. They knew about the backlog and the whole situation.
Currently, they don't issue AOR if you're not part of quota. I guess they are going to follow the same procedure. AOR used to take around 3 months, now it takes 12-15 months.

Reactions: Immstu and ValeriaS

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
I don’t understand what do they mean by these numbers that they will welcome 44,500 to 47,000 plus 7,000? Did they already issue AOR to these numbers of applicants and in the process of completion or are they talking about applicants who got their PR but couldn’t travel to Canada due to Pandemic restrictions? Or does this also include those who are waiting for AOR? Would appreciate if someone elaborate.

“Although no significant increase in immigration thresholds is in the Legault government's boxes, Quebec City plans to welcome an additional 7,000 permanent residents this year. They would be in addition to the current plan, which provides for the arrival, by the end of December, of 44,500 to 47,000 immigrants.”

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
there you go, are they gonna cancel the already submitted applications? They shouldn’t have issued CSQs in the first place if they were planning not to allow them to be processed in the federal stage. They knew about the backlog and the whole situation.
What did you read in the article that made you arrive at this conclusion? I read nothing more than - no quota increase. Certainly processing times would go beyond 30 months for a lot of applicants.

Reactions: alderaan_resident

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
They still can't even come with that Open Work Permit for Quebec applicants yet ... They can't give us any good news.
This is being delayed by federal as Quebec already passed motion to approve it.
So what's your theory about 'explosions' on AOR front now?

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
What did you read in the article that made you arrive at this conclusion? I read nothing more than - no quota increase. Certainly processing times would go beyond 30 months for a lot of applicants.
Deliberately delaying the processing of the already selected applications in the times where federal is trying to find new ways to retain and grant PR to the skilled folks residing in the rest of the Canada. I’m afraid this QC government will eventually come up with the plan to cancel these applications like they did in the case of 18,000 plus CSQs.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Guys, relax.
When we applied to get this PR we already knew that it will take years.
I never had ANY hopes that they will speed up.
And now nothing new happened. They keep their quotas, we still have the same pace.

That’s all.

Reactions: m-s and KhanD

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
Honesty it was expected. CAQ lost some of its votes due to some COVID restrictions. There is an election next year. So they are going to do things to make sure they will be reelected. So we are going to hear a lot about immigration, French enforcement and so on.

Reactions: Immstu