+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Ask her to contact administrator at quebecpeq.com. He's a nice guy. Will help her with interview format.
If she can speak B2 level french there's nothing to freak out.
What nationality - Latin, Chinese or Iranian?
She is from Venezuela. Does this website have an English translation? :)

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hey guys, maybe you know the answer:
My friend applied for CSQ and she wrote me that she was invited to interview. Now she is freaking out because she doesn't know what do they ask.
I got my CSQ without any interview, so I am not sure what she can expect.
Maybe someone here knows.

Thanks! :)
I had the CSQ interview when the CSQ was still supposed to be delivered after 20 days, before the change to Arrima.
Not sure if it has changed since, but for me it was general talk in French about my work, my country, a bit of politics, Canada. That was almost 3 years ago and can't remember the details.
I remember having to wait several weeks for the approval of the CSV after the interview. So instead of having the CSQ in 20 days, I had it after 3-4 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: alderaan_resident

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
My friend applied for CSQ and she wrote me that she was invited to interview. Now she is freaking out because she doesn't know what do they ask.

Some of my friends who applied in the PEQ stream got called for an interview. They basically just wanted to confirm their French skills.

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22

Did she prove her French by an official exam like TEF? Maybe my knowledge is outdated but I've heard if you don't have at least a B-2 level French certificate, based on your nationality they can call you for an interview. Depending on the interviewer it can be easy or hard. If you failed, they give you 1 month or more to bring them a b-2 level French certificate.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Did she prove her French by an official exam like TEF? Maybe my knowledge is outdated but I've heard if you don't have at least a B-2 level French certificate, based on your nationality they can call you for an interview. Depending on the interviewer it can be easy or hard. If you failed, they give you 1 month or more to bring them a b-2 level French certificate.
We met when we studied in the same preparation courses for TEF, I passed mine in January and she too.
Anyway, it was beginning of 2021 for sure.
And her French was very good, so I think it's just a checkup from the MIDI side, probably

Reactions: alderaan_resident

thega

Mar 12, 2021
We met when we studied in the same preparation courses for TEF, I passed mine in January and she too.
Anyway, it was beginning of 2021 for sure.
And her French was very good, so I think it's just a checkup from the MIDI side, probably
Where did you take the French prep courses? I know I took prep courses from Point3

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Where did you take the French prep courses? I know I took prep courses from Point3
For the exam, I took the course at McGill, but to raise my level from 0 to B2 I had tutor from France (I had virtual classes with group).
My native language is far from French, so it was a challenge to learn everything :D
Meanwhile I passed also 2 DELF exams (for B1 and B2) and TEFaQ after that.
I spent tons on money on all this also lol.

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
For the exam, I took the course at McGill, but to raise my level from 0 to B2 I had tutor from France (I had virtual classes with group).
My native language is far from French, so it was a challenge to learn everything :D
With all of these efforts and long processing time for QSWP, I don't think you need to provide any other documents that your intention is to live in Quebec :)

• Haha
Reactions: DAS_1

thega

Mar 12, 2021
I went to YMCA Ecole de Langues, and took Francisation courses so much money spent over here too.

bodem

Jun 3, 2019
Hello,
since the filing of my federal file ircc asked me for my criminal record from canada 2 times:
the first time I am asked with the one from my country (in August 2019)
the second time i just asked for my canadian criminal record.
Do you think my file has a problem?
i want to specify that i was living in canada and i left it in january 2019.