+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
hi guys,

just to give some hope to our long long journey, on march10 2021, i got update from my lawyer that i am ready to ppr-as outland applicant...
The ircc-montreal office emailed me if i am physically in canada or not in February, and i said i am in mainland china, then the passport should be send to a vfsglobal address, follow the instruction on the PDF.

I had updated my signature as well.
Congrats :)

Zydrax8

Dec 15, 2019
hi. i am an inland applicant. Got my COPR last march 5 and submitted it already to ircc for my pr card. i just wonder why they didnt ask for my passport for stamping?is it normal?

Here’s my timeline by the way for those who asked:

Nov. 2018 - submitted my application(me and my common law)
Feb. 2019 - AOR
Feb. 2020 - RFRF and Police Clearance
Oct. 2020 - MR
Nov. 4 2020 - Medical passed
January 23 2021 - Received 1st ghost update but nothing has changed in my gckey account.
Feb. 26 2021 - 2nd Ghost update. no changed.
March 1 2021 - 3rd and last GU.
March 3 2021 - status changed in ecas from in process to DECISION MADE
March 5 2021 - Application approved and received my COPR in my gckey account.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
hi guys,

just to give some hope to our long long journey, on march10 2021, i got update from my lawyer that i am ready to ppr-as outland applicant...
The ircc-montreal office emailed me if i am physically in canada or not in February, and i said i am in mainland china, then the passport should be send to a vfsglobal address, follow the instruction on the PDF.

I had updated my signature as well.
Congratulations!

Most probably they taught that you are in Canada and that’s how they give you a DM.
Than they noticed that you are actually not in Canada and redirected you to the foreign VFS office for PPR. Because they could not change their decision made.

Even though you are Outland, most probably you haven’t changed your Canadian address during the processing or they did not even check this information before giving DM. You are lucky.
Wish you the best.

Reactions: AlaAlrashaeideh

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello guys!
Is there any use of submitting a webform, after completion of 31 months in the federal stage? Earlier I did submit three times and they put their blame on Covid-19.
No MR yet.

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
We have seen many applications being approved in 2 months after medicals passed (provided those applicants are from 2018 and few from early 2019).

It clears shows that time taken for processing is only 5-6 months. They just wait at each stage to go with the quota Quebec province set for intake.

I believe time taken to process QSWP applications are less than that of EE applications. IRCC intentionally delays (ofcourse to respect Quebec intake quotas).

So unless there is a mutual consent from both Federal and Quebec politicians the policy change of Quebec quota will not see any light.

Public outcry is only being ignored though from media or social media as they VERY WELL KNOW THE ISSUE WITH DELAYS because it was anticipated when the policies were made (except Covid19 delays)
> IRCC intentionally delays (ofcourse to respect Quebec intake quotas).

So thats not intentional right ? IRCC have to follow what Quebec Canada Accord tells, transitively what the anti immigrant CAQ party dictates.
IRCC has no incentive to delay any applications for that matter.

Now lets see who has incentive to delay applications ? Ah.. the anti immigrant CAQ govt. Let go back in time.. CAQ party's election promise was to cut down immigration and yes they did. They could not cut down refugees or illegal border crossers from Roxham as its Federal thing. What CAQ could control is economic immigrants. 20% cuts. CAQ party won, xenophobic Quebeckers happy because CAQ kept their promise. CAQ gets even more popular yay !!
My point being, IRCC is not to blame, not even COVID. Things were delayed pre covid. COVID might have made it worse. Even more reasons for CAQ party to cut quotas again citing job losses next election time.

I am sure you all will get the PR one day. But when you become citizens of Canada and can vote, remember what CAQ party did !

Saz123

Aug 30, 2018
My timeline:

Applied for CSQ under PEQ: June 2018

Interview for CSQ: August 2018

CSQissued: September 2018

Upfront medical for PR: Oct 2018

Applied for PR: Nov 2018

Biometrics request for Wife: Feb 2019

Confirmation of receipt of PR file: Feb 2019

Pre-arrival services letter: Feb 2020

100% timeline reached: September 2020

Informed IRCC about Child’s birth: Dec 2020

Contacted IRCC using webform to followup: Jan 2021

Called IRCC and spoke to the immigration officer to know the file status: 29 Jan 2021

Medical request: 1 Feb 2021

Medical exam: 4 Feb 2021

Medical passed: 1 March 2021

Ordered GCMS notes on PR file: 2 March 2021

Decision made: 4 March 2021

Contact IRCC using webform to know file status: 5 March 2021

Confirmation of PR: 12 March 2021

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
So many of 2020 are getting their AORs while people from august 2019 are still pending. Not sure how IRCC is functioning or has it something to do with the quotas, because pretty sure 2019 is supposed to be the part of 2021. Its really depressing. What do you guys think?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
So many of 2020 are getting their AORs while people from august 2019 are still pending. Not sure how IRCC is functioning or has it something to do with the quotas, because pretty sure 2019 is supposed to be the part of 2021. Its really depressing. What do you guys think?
I assume IRCC has gone haywire with pile up. There isn't any prioritization on FIFO basis.

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
I assume IRCC has gone haywire with pile up. There isn't any prioritization on FIFO basis.
True, as someone from march 2020 got it and august 2019 is still waiting, clearly they dont respect the statement”it will be processed according to the date it was recd.” i am just hoping that all of 2019 will get it by the mid year

Reactions: Immstu

28 qsw

Mar 15, 2021
hi. i am an inland applicant. Got my COPR last march 5 and submitted it already to ircc for my pr card. i just wonder why they didnt ask for my passport for stamping?is it normal?

Here’s my timeline by the way for those who asked:

Nov. 2018 - submitted my application(me and my common law)
Feb. 2019 - AOR
Feb. 2020 - RFRF and Police Clearance
Oct. 2020 - MR
Nov. 4 2020 - Medical passed
January 23 2021 - Received 1st ghost update but nothing has changed in my gckey account.
Feb. 26 2021 - 2nd Ghost update. no changed.
March 1 2021 - 3rd and last GU.
March 3 2021 - status changed in ecas from in process to DECISION MADE
March 5 2021 - Application approved and received my COPR in my gckey account.
Hi, congratulations! It’s not easy for such a long journey. My timeline is almost the same as yours. But I just stopped at medical exam passed stage, I am stuck at security check, hope next year I can finish this frustrating trip.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
> IRCC intentionally delays (ofcourse to respect Quebec intake quotas).

So thats not intentional right ? IRCC have to follow what Quebec Canada Accord tells, transitively what the anti immigrant CAQ party dictates.
IRCC has no incentive to delay any applications for that matter.

Now lets see who has incentive to delay applications ? Ah.. the anti immigrant CAQ govt. Let go back in time.. CAQ party's election promise was to cut down immigration and yes they did. They could not cut down refugees or illegal border crossers from Roxham as its Federal thing. What CAQ could control is economic immigrants. 20% cuts. CAQ party won, xenophobic Quebeckers happy because CAQ kept their promise. CAQ gets even more popular yay !!
My point being, IRCC is not to blame, not even COVID. Things were delayed pre covid. COVID might have made it worse. Even more reasons for CAQ party to cut quotas again citing job losses next election time.

I am sure you all will get the PR one day. But when you become citizens of Canada and can vote, remember what CAQ party did !
I had posted very similar explanation few days ago but framing words differently. My perspective is that we cannot bkame CAQ govt either. Majority chose the government democratically (unless otherwise...but it is a different discussion) and majority quebecoise wants less immigration and so are the policies pleasing them. Unless people of quebec change thier views govt policies will not change.

"We" chose this province and so will have to digest the fact that we are living the hatred first hand. Being immigrants all we can do like you said is not vote for CAQ - "which is the CRYSTAL CLEAR reason why they do not want immigrants in quebec". CAQ have thier vote banj calculations based on which the quota numbers will change and only when thier favourable votebank allows the change so it will not affevt in elections.

condor3

Dec 24, 2019
What I really hope as news is that the time we are spending waiting for the PR will count towards the citizenship, like if we were permanent residents already. I know I am a dreamer.
If you are already in Canada with another statut (even teporary resident), half if the time is counted for citizenship.