+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm a October 2018 applicant.
This is my situation.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 30, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on January 29, 2020.
  5. Medical results have been received. February 14, 2020 - Medical Passed
  6. I got a ghost update on December 2020, but application is still in progress.
  7. Contacted my local MP on February 11th 2021, and he told me that all verifications are now completed, and I should hear from IRCC within a month.
    If I don't he advised that I contact his office again.
My application was started in Canada, but later was moved to Manila because I temporarily moved to Korea. I've returned in 2019, but my application is still being processed in Manila. I contacted IRCC from Canada, but they can't give me any information regarding my application since it's being processed from outside of Canada.

Total wait time : 28months

If anybody has any information on what to do, please let me know. Cheers!
I don't think there is anything you can do. Who told you that your application is being processed outside of Canada? Because I also left quebec just after applying and IRCC never told me that they can't give information regarding my application. In their last response they told me that my application is being processed in the centralized intake office Sydney, Nova scotia. Total wait time 24 months.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Le MIFI a publié ce matin dans la Gazette officielle du Québec le règlement édictant trois programmes pilotes d’immigration permanente. La mise en œuvre de ces programmes pilotes permettra aux personnes immigrantes de contribuer pleinement au développement de la société québécoise en choisissant de s’y établir et de travailler dans les secteurs d’activité suivants :
- la santé (préposées et préposés aux bénéficiaires) ;
- la transformation alimentaire ;
- l’intelligence artificielle, les technologies de l’information et les effets visuels.
Dans un contexte où les besoins en main-d’œuvre dans ces secteurs sont considérables, les programmes pilotes visent à attirer et à favoriser la - rétention des personnes dont les compétences répondent à des besoins spécifiques du marché du travail québécois.
http://bit.ly/com20210303-mifi
That really makes me angry. I am in one of the 3 domains and I have been thinking to leave Quebec several times because of the long PR waiting time (26 months so far and still not finished). Are they starting only now to to keep the existing immigrants?

william.dan

Sep 10, 2020
I don't think there is anything you can do. Who told you that your application is being processed outside of Canada? Because I also left quebec just after applying and IRCC never told me that they can't give information regarding my application. In their last response they told me that my application is being processed in the centralized intake office Sydney, Nova scotia. Total wait time 24 months.
I got a email from them saying that my application was sent to Manila.

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
That really makes me angry. I am in one of the 3 domains and I have been thinking to leave Quebec several times because of the long PR waiting time (26 months so far and still not finished). Are they starting only now to to keep the existing immigrants?
I think this only issues CSQ. This does not reduce the 26 months of processing time.

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello there.
Dumb me just realized that I sent my paper application to the PNP address instead of QSW address. Anyone been through it knows what happens to the application? Will it be returned or they redirect it to the right place?
Thanks in advance
I will just update this for further reference in case someone goes through the same issue.

I was able to call the IRCC after trying for 8 days. They were not able to locate my package in the system, the agent however put on a note on the package. I asked what would be best to do, reprint everything, new pictures and mail in the application to the right destination with a note or just wait. She said that due to covid, that would be the best thing to do so it wouldn't delay the application.

I had to ask since QSW applications are taking over 2 years to be processed. She said that she could email me the "come to Canada" tool page and that I could try applying under a different program. I questioned that I can't leave Quebec without a job offer and applying for those programs would require me to be out of Quebec. She mentioned that this is not being taken into consideration as long as I actually settle on another province. So, this is ruling out the requirement of actually leaving Quebec for now and have to justify with a job offer or a lease contract etc. I told her that I have bought a house in Quebec and how would I justify that as "intention to move out", she said that I could either sell, rent or say it is an investment.

So, economic immigration is really low and they really need people elsewhere. Let's see what Quebec does to makes us stay.

• Wow
Reactions: Italy and mtlog

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
It doesn't seem doing anything...

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
I will just update this for further reference in case someone goes through the same issue.

I was able to call the IRCC after trying for 8 days. They were not able to locate my package in the system, the agent however put on a note on the package. I asked what would be best to do, reprint everything, new pictures and mail in the application to the right destination with a note or just wait. She said that due to covid, that would be the best thing to do so it wouldn't delay the application.

I had to ask since QSW applications are taking over 2 years to be processed. She said that she could email me the "come to Canada" tool page and that I could try applying under a different program. I questioned that I can't leave Quebec without a job offer and applying for those programs would require me to be out of Quebec. She mentioned that this is not being taken into consideration as long as I actually settle on another province. So, this is ruling out the requirement of actually leaving Quebec for now and have to justify with a job offer or a lease contract etc. I told her that I have bought a house in Quebec and how would I justify that as "intention to move out", she said that I could either sell, rent or say it is an investment.

So, economic immigration is really low and they really need people elsewhere. Let's see what Quebec does to makes us stay.
WOW

Italy

May 23, 2020
I think this only issues CSQ. This does not reduce the 26 months of processing time.
Not sure, it says "programmes pilotes d’immigration permanente. ", but I haven't read it. I thought I would get angrier checking the details :D

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I can't believe I just got the Medical Request, after exactly 1 year from their last comunication (pre-arrival letter)!
Congratulations!

Our timelines are exactly the same.

Your application received is on January 7, 2019 -> Mine is on January 8, 2019.

You got your pre-arrival letter on March 3, 2020 -> Mine was on March 4, 2020.

But you are inland and I am outland. I am not hopeful like you at all. Wish you the best! and a quick PR.

Reactions: Italy

Leokun

May 25, 2018
At least you got a CSQ! Friends of mine with two professions in the list were refused CSQ in 2019 after 5 years in Montreal, so they moved to Toronto last year. These people are ridiculous :)

Reactions: Italy