+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
I submitted because my lower told me to. If you are inland candidate they will clear you by CSIS.
I am an inland applicant. Just hoping the fact that I did not submit a Canadian Police Certificate will not prolong my entire application process

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Guys,
I am in 26 months of processing, I called IRCC agent yesterday and he told me my security check didn't start yet? What do you suggest in order to expedite the process? Does getting this GCSM notes help in that situation? Or who should I contact regarding this?
Thanks

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Guys,
I am in 26 months of processing, I called IRCC agent yesterday and he told me my security check didn't start yet? What do you suggest in order to expedite the process? Does getting this GCSM notes help in that situation? Or who should I contact regarding this?
Thanks
Getting GCMS notes will give you idea at what stage you are with your application but it will not expedite the process . It is worth ordering the GCMS notes.

Reactions: MS2017

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Yes, it shows for Elibility in process & background in process since 2018.
However it is not ture, due to the result of GCMS and ircc calling.
From what I understand, once eligibility is finalized, the medical is provided, and it will not change to eligibility is finalized until you get COPR. So don't worry too much about eligibility! IRCC will not send you a medical request if eligibility is not completed. Since you did a medical already then I assume at this moment, we are all stuck in the background process and they might ask for a re-medical if it has already expired.

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Guys,
Thanks
If you are inland applicant you can call your MP, they may be able to move the things a little bit. But if the delay is caused be an agency outside of IRCC, you have to wait.

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Are you sure they can help? And which MP should I contact? The one from my province?
Thanks
I'm not sure about anything but they will call IRCC on your behalf. Usually, they post an advertisement, you probably saw one in your mail box or just google it. I'm in contact with someone from my MP office, but he is unable to help me. He called IRCC few times thought. But with the Covid situation I don't know how it's going to work out because everything is delayed.

Reactions: MS2017

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
My case was different, I was waited for CSQ for almost years and then gave up and applied for Express entry and got the ITA.. In EE , you do medicals upfront.. While i did my medicals.. I also received my CSQ, so at that point I had to decide if i should go with EE or QSWP.. Consulted my agent, he suggested its better you go QSWP and we can use the same medical results which I did for EE. so thats how i ended up using medicals upfront, anyways they are expired now..
In Ideal situation, medicals should always be done, after receiving the official letter from IRCC.. as it keeps your file flowing.. in my opinion.
After having waited over 26 months, I opine that EE is a better program than the QSWP on any given day since EE is much faster.

I'm doing my paperwork with the PEQ, advertised as a fast-track way to Canadian PR. I learned French in 6 months and got B2 in my first attempt. I got my CSQ on time and applied for the PR in Nov 2018 (like many people). However, the processing time went from 16 months to 17 to 19 to 22 to 25 and now it is over 26 months.

Long story short, I have lost my faith in the program (like many others). I often repent not having taken the EE route. I sincerely hope that you don't have to face that regret.