+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello, I'm in the same boat. Although the system says "security has not started", I think its already being processed by an external agency as soon as medical is passed. Maybe some other members with this experience can comment on this!
Not exactly, I passed medical in Jan 2019 and they started SC in August 2019. If they started it in a reasonable time after the MR (which was also sent very late), I would have some results by now. But they are simply unresposably late.

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I got my CSQ last week but while waiting for my CSQ my PGWP is expired. I am trying to restore my status as worker under employer specific LMIA exempt but i have some doubts regarding “proof that you meet requirements of the job being offered” and “invitation letter”.
please Someone suggest me what do i need for that.
Thank you
Your employer needs to registrate and pay the fees. It's quite simple procedure. You need a copy of the payment, CSQ, AOR letter, I already forgot the hole process but it wasn't complicate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Yes I confirm this is the case too. However I know some Outland applicants are able to do it upfront depending on the regional clinics
yeah, we could do medical upfront depends on clinics for outland applicants, but I think it could waste of money due to one year expiration of medical results and we must do it again. Normally so far, from sending the application to DM is about 24 months, So I think we should wait until official letter of medical check.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
yeah, we could do medical upfront depends on clinics for outland applicants, but I think it could waste of money due to one year expiration of medical results and we must do it again. Normally so far, from sending the application to DM is about 24 months, So I think we should wait until official letter of medical check.
There are outland and inland applicants with upfront medicals (on their own risk). Some people think that when IRCC opens their file and see the MR done they will speed up the process for them, may be it can be a factor in certain cases, way not. Some agents are probably more understanding than other, who knows. But in the current situation I honestly don't think that someone will open your file within a year.

Abhijot

Oct 1, 2020
Well noted. As you suggested I have already prepared everything, my employer paid the fees through employer portal. I have that offer of employment number but when i was applying online and in document checklist they asked for “invitation letter” i don’t understand that requirement. From where i should get that document as i am already in Canada.
Except this “invitation letter” everything is in order. Please advice on above. Any lead would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Well noted. As you suggested I have already prepared everything, my employer paid the fees through employer portal. I have that offer of employment number but when i was applying online and in document checklist they asked for “invitation letter” i don’t understand that requirement. From where i should get that document as i am already in Canada.
Except this “invitation letter” everything is in order. Please advice on above. Any lead would be highly appreciated. Thank you
I applied at the border. I had a job description and a letter from HR but nobody even asked me.
If you can get some kind of letter from your employer that may work, just to submit something. If they don't like it, they will contact you later for adjustment. Or you can try and call them before submitting the documents!?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I submitted again the offer letter. This was my lawyer's advice and it worked. I got positive answer in 4-5 days and after 3-4 days I received the actual work permit by mail.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Here are my friends I mentioned - late 2018 applicants from this forum - who got their DMs in less than 12 months.

By the grace of God I have received DECISION MADE on my ECAS Today. My timeline are as under:

APPLIED IN Mar 14
CSQ RECD NOV 18
FEDERAL APPLIED DEC 18
AOR MAR 19
MEDICAL REQUEST OCT 19
DECISION MADE OCT 19

I would like to thank everyone who helped me throughout this 6 yrs journey.

Wish all the best for everyone..
Screenshot1

Dec 2018 to Oct 2019 - Less than 11 months. Is not it miraculous ?
Just to compare with myself I also applied for CSQ in the year of 2014 and finally got my CSQ in Nov 2018, exactly like him.

It will be lowered eventually for sure once QWSP backlogs gets cleared. I am one such example of getting DM in 12th month. :)
thanks, Outland from India.
Finally received PPR few mins back.
Screenshot2
Screenshot3

You can double check their dates via tracker. I have been messaging with these lucky people via this forum and WhatsApp.
So there is a possibility to get your DM less than a year even in Quebec Skilled Workers category.

Reactions: ertarun

Mahdis

Jul 3, 2020
Hello
I got a csq and I sent my documents to federal (Sydney),but after 2 month I didn't receive any feedback. Is it normal? How can I sure they receive my documents?
Thanks

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello
I got a csq and I sent my documents to federal (Sydney),but after 2 month I didn't receive any feedback. Is it normal? How can I sure they receive my documents?
Thanks
I suppose it is...if it is 2 years then it is not normal but with QSWP it is becoming normal as many applicants who sent documents back in July 2019 did not hear back from CIC yet.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
If you’ve read the old pages of this forum, you would see that many people also had upfront medical examination.

Me, myself, is also waiting for the MR and did not do it upfront.

When I first sent my application package to IRCC, applicants were generally getting medical requests in their 5th to 8th months.
Currently, even though within the average estimated processing time many applicants don’t get MR.

He asked the upfront examination possibilities and I gave him the correct information. It is totally your choice to do it upfront or wait the request.
I have already done my MR, but when a medical request was sent to me by IRCC.

Reactions: MS2017

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-lima-exempt-work-permit-application-what-is-invitation-letter-and-few-other-queries.703946/

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hello,

Please help with these queries in filling the 1. Generic Application form (IMM 0008) 1. Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) 3.Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562). (ALL THESE QUERIES ARE INTERLINKED)

1. Generic Application form (IMM 0008):
Point 12, Under PERSONAL DETAILS: Previous countries of residence: During the past five years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your country of residence for more than six months?
My question is, I lived in Canada for more than a year in the last 5 years, however i travelled to India inbetween for 2 weeks.
for example,
Jan to April 5 (In canada)
April 5 to April 25 (In India)
April 25 to Dec 31 (In Canada)

So, can i split my stay in Canada and make it 2 seperate rows? i.e Jan to April 5 & April 25 to Dec

2. Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669):
Point 8: Personal History
My question is, Do i need to also include the period that i travelled to India (April 5 to April 25 as mentioned above). If yes, can i mention 'Vacation' in the activity column & the 'Employer' as the Canada branch office (eq: ABC Ltd, Canada) as i travelled to India in-between my deputation
Point 12: Addresses
My question is, do i need to mention the address in India when i travelled to India during the period mentioned above (i.e April 5 to April 25)?

3. Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562):
Section a) You:
My question is, same as in Qn 12 in Generic Application form (IMM 0008), Can i split my stay in Canada and make it 2 seperate rows? i.e Jan to April 5 & April 25 to Dec?

Please help with these queries. Thannks in advance.