+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online LIMA-Exempt work permit application, what is Invitation letter...? and few other queries

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
Hello,
I am from Quebec and currently not working, my PGWP is about to expire in few days and I have received a job offer from company within QC. Since I have CSQ n PR application in progress I am eligible for lima-exempt closed work permit. My employer has paid the fee n provided me with the required number starting with "Axxxxxxx".
Now since borders are closed I have to apply for work permit online, when I create an application for the same one of the required documents is "Invitation letter" - defined as :

You must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee.
The letter should state the purpose and length of the visit, the nature of the relationship between you and the host, the contact information of the host, etc.
If you are being invited to conduct business in Canada, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company's letterhead and include:
  • the host's full name, title and business contact information
  • a brief summary of the reason for the invitation, including details of the business or trade to be undertaken
  • the full names of all employees from your company who are being invited by your host
  • the intended duration and a detailed itinerary of the visit
  • a statement specifying who will be responsible for all travel-related expenses
1. What am I supposed to provide here for "Invitation letter" ? (Letter of employment is separate requirement )
2. In one of the forms I am supposed to provide dates for my employment, "From" and "To "date, since my employment letter doesnt mention other than starting date, what should I put in "To "date column...(its not a contract job)
3. Under optional documents there is one document "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt " ; I guess I need to take this from employer ?

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
I had called the immigration office regarding invitation letter;
I was told that I can just upload my CSQ for "invitation letter" (Yes, again; for "CSQ" and "Invitation letter" both required docs we provide CSQ).
She mentioned that it is usually for other provinces but not QC; for QC a CSQ will be considered as invitation itself.

She had confirmed this from senior/expert herself.

for "END" date of employment, I provided date 2 years later - from the day fee was paid by employer.
"from the start of employment" or "date of permit fee was payed by employer" - provide whichever is earlier ------> if you do not have a end date in contract etc.

Reactions: amirou

amirou

May 28, 2021
Hello,
I am from Quebec and currently not working, my PGWP is about to expire in few days and I have received a job offer from company within QC. Since I have CSQ n PR application in progress I am eligible for lima-exempt closed work permit. My employer has paid the fee n provided me with the required number starting with "Axxxxxxx".
Now since borders are closed I have to apply for work permit online, when I create an application for the same one of the required documents is "Invitation letter" - defined as :

1. What am I supposed to provide here for "Invitation letter" ? (Letter of employment is separate requirement )
2. In one of the forms I am supposed to provide dates for my employment, "From" and "To "date, since my employment letter doesnt mention other than starting date, what should I put in "To "date column...(its not a contract job)
3. Under optional documents there is one document "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt " ; I guess I need to take this from employer ?
Hello Qxx1,
I am in the same situation you were in.

Was your work permit accepted by providing the CSQ in place of the letter of invitation?
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards