+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Uwamahoro

Mar 20, 2019
Application: Jan 2019
AOR: April 2019
Biometric: April 2019
...still waiting for MR

... Status showing "In Process" -
This is my case

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Application: Jan 2019
AOR: April 2019
Biometric: April 2019
...still waiting for MR

... Status showing "In Process" -
This is my case
Most of us are early 2019 applicants and few late 2018 as well.... I hope IRCC would start working things out soon. Gd Luck

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Man..... I have just one month left for the 22 months federal process to complete yet I didn't receive pre Arrival services or Medical request, just hoping things will move in July.
If i were u i would contact them the soonest. Do not worry about pre arrival letter. Ask for the the MR!? Gd look mate

Reactions: KCDREAM1983

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello, I just got reply from IRCC, and I am very DISAPPOINTED!
The estimated complication date was 24th May, Today is 25th June.
Now I was told
-background verification NOT START!
-security verification NOT START!
-criminal verifIcation IN PROCESS!
Really????? after 24 month? That is unbelievable.

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020
Now I was told
You have to calm and wait there's no other option even with webforms there is not any fast mechanism (processing files).No matter what you will write !

Only we have to wait!! because if the second wave will come sooner lot of applications gone go for further more!!! 1-2 plus years!

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Visa Offices are getting back to work now. Some updates in above post that they have received the MR recently. Hopefully you will also get yours soon. I’m in 16th month now. Check my msg above for my detailed timeline. we need to wait , no option either
Did you receive email or did they call you or they sent you message in your IRCC account for your medicals?

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
You have to calm and wait there's no other option even with webforms there is not any fast mechanism (processing files).No matter what you will write !

Only we have to wait!! because if the second wave will come sooner lot of applications gone go for further more!!! 1-2 plus years!
Thank you for suggesting me clam down, I am trying.
btw what is "the second wave"?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
@Uwamahoro @KCDREAM1983 There is nothing much to do other than wait. You can add your timeline in tracker. You will find similar timelines to yours if that will give you some solace. We are all waiting to have some movement in our cases. According to the tracker data, October 2018 cases are the only ones which reached a Decision or got Medical Request.

You can add your timeline here: https://imtrackdb.firebaseapp.com

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
@Uwamahoro @KCDREAM1983 There is nothing much to do other than wait. You can add your timeline in tracker. You will find similar timelines to yours if that will give you some solace. We are all waiting to have some movement in our cases. According to the tracker data, October 2018 cases are the only ones which reached a Decision or got Medical Request.

According to my process time in my IRCC account it says 32 days left for my final process to complete ..... hoping that they will ask me for my medicals in July atleast.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020

I applied in September 2018 , it's bizzare that they left September applicants and move forward to October applicants.....

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Now I was told
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My deadline was May 13th, I called a couple of days ago only to find out they have not started my security verification. Concerning the two other stages (background and criminal verification) did you ask about each or did they give you an update on every stage?
I find it is hard to get very specific information over the phone. I read somewhere that if your file is pretty much straight forward, the security verification should not take long but who knows?! I also feel a bit disappointed but there is not much to do other than sit tight and patiently wait...
Good lick with your process!

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Quebec skilled workers at Federal stage was previously around 17 months processing time.
CAQ party of Quebec was elected on a promise to cut economic immigration to Quebec and they cut 20% quota which again increased processing backlogs to 21, 22 and 23 months currently. Do not rely on the progress bar, its a dumb gimmick to calm applicants and is of no practical use.

Adding insult to injury, COVID-19 came and now we have no idea how long will the processing time be.
There is no point in calling CIC phone agents, you will get 5 different answers if you call them 5 times.

The best option is to order your GCMS notes and see if there are any issues you can fix in your case. If there are no issues in your case, just keep waiting & hope for the best.
If you are inland applicant, another option is to contact your local Minister of Parliament and ask the MP to enquire about your case on your behalf to CIC (use this option only if you have exceeded your processing time.) Too bad if your local MP is from CAQ party ;) Very nice if you live in Papineau.
Find out who your MP is here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrletterbox