+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

sabil

Aug 14, 2019
Hello, I just got reply from IRCC, and I am very DISAPPOINTED!
The estimated complication date was 24th May, Today is 25th June.
Now I was told
-background verification NOT START!
-security verification NOT START!
-criminal verifIcation IN PROCESS!
Really????? after 24 month? That is unbelievable.
What was your question to IRCC?

sabil

Aug 14, 2019
Quebec skilled workers at Federal stage was previously around 17 months processing time.
CAQ party of Quebec was elected on a promise to cut economic immigration to Quebec and they cut 20% quota which again increased processing backlogs to 21, 22 and 23 months currently. Do not rely on the progress bar, its a dumb gimmick to calm applicants and is of no practical use.

Adding insult to injury, COVID-19 came and now we have no idea how long will the processing time be.
There is no point in calling CIC phone agents, you will get 5 different answers if you call them 5 times.

The best option is to order your GCMS notes and see if there are any issues you can fix in your case. If there are no issues in your case, just keep waiting & hope for the best.
If you are inland applicant, another option is to contact your local Minister of Parliament and ask the MP to enquire about your case on your behalf to CIC (use this option only if you have exceeded your processing time.) Too bad if your local MP is from CAQ party ;) Very nice if you live in Papineau.
Find out who your MP is here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en
How to contact with them?

d-pen

Jun 16, 2020
I was requested for medical check on 9th March 2020. Medical test was completed on 23rd March 2020. They updated `Medical results have been received` on 27th April 2020. The PR application status showed ` In process` till 29th April 2020 then on 30th April 2020, the PR application status was changed to `Decision Made`. I haven`t received any update after that. My question is: Does that `decision made` indicate I & my family have passed the medical? I have seen many posts above which says they received the update of medical passed but I haven`t received any update. Anyone in similar situation? Please share.

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

Did someone inland submit PR application whose Child was born in Canada?

Do we require to declare and add a child as a dependent in the PR application forms who was born in Canada and is already a Canadian Citizen? Because if we add then we need to pay the corresponding fee and will also require medical.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My deadline was May 13th, I called a couple of days ago only to find out they have not started my security verification. Concerning the two other stages (background and criminal verification) did you ask about each or did they give you an update on every stage?
I find it is hard to get very specific information over the phone. I read somewhere that if your file is pretty much straight forward, the security verification should not take long but who knows?! I also feel a bit disappointed but there is not much to do other than sit tight and patiently wait...
Good lick with your process!
Hi,
I contacted IRCC via webform. The response is more clear by writing in an email. I asked about background and eligibility, they provided me information about background, security and criminal. I used webform several times and I noticed the responses very depend on the agents. Some agents do not check with your file and just give you a general response.
yes, you are right. I always tell myself to be patient but I still go crazy sometime o_O
Good luck with you too, hope our applications can move on in July.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
What was your question to IRCC?
I wrote "I want to know if background check and eligibility finished or not". However I asked the same question half month ago and I got reply "your application is in process". I think some agents are not very helpful, they just give you general answers no matter what you asked.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I was requested for medical check on 9th March 2020. Medical test was completed on 23rd March 2020. They updated `Medical results have been received` on 27th April 2020. The PR application status showed ` In process` till 29th April 2020 then on 30th April 2020, the PR application status was changed to `Decision Made`. I haven`t received any update after that. My question is: Does that `decision made` indicate I & my family have passed the medical? I have seen many posts above which says they received the update of medical passed but I haven`t received any update. Anyone in similar situation? Please share.
"Medical received" means you passed. I got update of medical passed on MyCIC but on ECAS just shows received until now. If you have MyCIC account and link your pr application you can see more details.

Reactions: d-pen

sabil

Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

Did someone inland submit PR application whose Child was born in Canada?

Do we require to declare and add a child as a dependent in the PR application forms who was born in Canada and is already a Canadian Citizen? Because if we add then we need to pay the corresponding fee and will also require medical.
You do not need to apply for your child but you have to submit your child's birth certificate or passport copy with your application. In family members information from ( I forget the form number) you have add your child.

Reactions: Kzee20

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
You do not need to apply for your child but you have to submit your child's birth certificate or passport copy with your application. In family members information from ( I forget the form number) you have add your child.
Thank you :)

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hi,
I contacted IRCC via webform. The response is more clear by writing in an email. I asked about background and eligibility, they provided me information about background, security and criminal. I used webform several times and I noticed the responses very depend on the agents. Some agents do not check with your file and just give you a general response.
yes, you are right. I always tell myself to be patient but I still go crazy sometime o_O
Good luck with you too, hope our applications can move on in July.
Please can you guide me what's there email?