+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
For those who recently got DM, can you update once you get PPR? I got DM in March,13th and not news since then, and it seems we are many in that situation (inland application)
HI josh_1982
Yeah I am one of those. Will do .. seems like its gonna take awhile now as our applications are paper based.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I don't think PCCs expires, but yes they can request one more time if you'd lived in a different country for more than 6 months while your processing is in progress.

Hmm I get it now why some people get DM in 15 17 months and why others wait 2 years.

By the way how long this whole process of your federal stage took?
This Wednesday (May 13th) will be exactly 22 months which is the current timeframe, I guess this is the reason why it is showing as 100% without an actual decision.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
This Wednesday (May 13th) will be exactly 22 months which is the current timeframe, I guess this is the reason why it is showing as 100% without an actual decision.
@anapaulap On May 16, for me it will be 22 months as well. You have similar status to me. I don't understand the display of 100%, while processing has still not been finalized!!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
For me, its the same. No decision made, yet 100%....
My file was transferred to LVO Pretoria and yesterday, i tried to contact them with the following messages:
"Thank you for contacting the Migration Office of the High Commission of Canada in South Africa. Due to safety measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) we are currently working with reduced staff.
Your enquiry received at this visa office will therefore not be responded to."
I therefore contacted IRCC Sydney with the following reply AT LEAST:
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process."
Im begging for my PR....my final word
Waiting kills!! But as they say “Patience is a virtue”. I hope after this long long wait, we hear the best part, which is, the approval of our pr applications ;)

Reactions: anapaulap and aeya

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Anyone received MR in the last couple of months since this whole pandemic situation started? I am growing increasingly impatient... it's the only step remaining for me and my PGWP is expiring in July...

Reactions: Emoz

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Hello
A person on the French forum confirmed reception of ppr sent by email and an immigration agent called her simultaneously to confirm it. Agent told hershe received it due to her job in radiology so they might be issuing some ppr to people in essential domains as of now by email. It isn't clear now what will become of the annual quotas, if they will be maintained.
Other people also saying clinics for medicals are planning to reopen soon and that probably medicals will be issued in small waves so that the reopening clinics won't be overloaded and to streamline applicants with clinics capacity.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello
A person on the French forum confirmed reception of ppr sent by email and an immigration agent called her simultaneously to confirm it. Agent told hershe received it due to her job in radiology so they might be issuing some ppr to people in essential domains as of now by email. It isn't clear now what will become of the annual quotas, if they will be maintained.
Other people also saying clinics for medicals are planning to reopen soon and that probably medicals will be issued in small waves so that the reopening clinics won't be overloaded and to streamline applicants with clinics capacity.
Now we all know how "credible" these CIC agents on the phone are if you have talked to one. If you ask the same question to 3 different agents, you will get 3 different answers. Phone agents are pretty unreliable.

I would not trust this information even a bit. If anyone wants to know the bias of the person who said they got PPR because the person is an essential category, its called "Appeal to authority".

The only part I believe is the COPR by phone call. This COPR validation by phone is nothing new. Its happening all the time in Express Entry category for inland applicants. Applicants in EE category gets either an in person interview or a phone call. Because of COVID, they switched to phone call completely.

Until and unless its stated in CIC's official website that they are prioritizing these categories, I will consider that part of the information as hearsay.

Last edited: