+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Now we all know how "credible" these CIC agents on the phone are if you have talked to one. If you ask the same question to 3 different agents, you will get 3 different answers. Phone agents are pretty unreliable.

I would not trust this information even a bit. If anyone wants to know the bias of the person who said they got PPR because the person is an essential category, its called "Appeal to authority".

The only part I believe is the COPR by phone call. This COPR validation by phone is nothing new. Its happening all the time in Express Entry category for inland applicants. Applicants in EE category gets either an in person interview or a phone call. Because of COVID, they switched to phone call completely.

Until and unless its stated in CIC's official website that they are prioritizing these categories, I will consider that part of the information as hearsay.
Yes it is weird that person is the only one who received ppr ever since mid March.
Well only official statements from govt are definite let's wait until then. Federal immigration govt plans to communicate its new immigration plan this coming fall. Since quebec take their own decisions in regards to immigrants I presume they would have to state updates as well in the upcoming fall. I just hope things don't completely pause in the meantime

https://torontosun.com/news/national/feds-hint-at-scaling-back-immigration-due-to-pandemic-fallout/amp

Last edited:

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Yes it is weird that person is the only one who received ppr ever since mid March.
Well only official statements from govt are definite let's wait until then. Federal immigration govt plans to communicate its new immigration plan this coming fall. Since quebec take their own decisions in regards to immigrants I presume they would have to state updates as well in the upcoming fall. I just hope things don't completely pause in the meantime

https://torontosun.com/news/national/feds-hint-at-scaling-back-immigration-due-to-pandemic-fallout/amp
As what I think it's for new immegration programs in the future right. Not the files being processed. Do u think feds can cancel the processed files?

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
As what I think it's for new immegration programs in the future right. Not the files being processed. Do u think feds can cancel the processed files?
No they won't cancel files. But they can make processing times longer if they determine that Canada doesn't need as much immigrants intake for 2020(and 2021?) due the pandemic on businesses and employment. Or they can on the contrary make it faster if they decide more immigrants than planned are needed to rebounce the economy and catch up as fast as possible. Quebec already had very low quotas compared to its demographic so I hope they'll remain unchanged or increase them to catch up.

Reactions: ncat99 and Rana H

aakash2309

May 10, 2020
Do IRCC asks for canadian police clearance certificate also?
I have already applied for permanent residence with only indian PCC from Canada. After applying i came to india and now i am stuck here. I don’t know for how long.
So, can you please let me know if they ask for canadian police certificate also?
Another question, if i remain stuck here for few months. Can i give my medical exam in india?

aakash2309

May 10, 2020
You can submit your biometrics from anywhere in the world.
After you get the biometrics request email, make your reservation with it from the closest Canadian Visa Office center, in some countries it is VFS.
Your biometrics will be updated on your online account within 3 business days.
Thanks a lot for the info. Can you please also tell me what about medical exam. Can i also give my medical in india? And do they need my canadian PCC also or just the India police clearance certificate?

kaushalshubham

Dec 19, 2016
Contacted cic through webform, got the same response.. file will be processed according to the date received. :confused::( Any update guys ... are we even going get it

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks a lot for the info. Can you please also tell me what about medical exam. Can i also give my medical in india? And do they need my canadian PCC also or just the India police clearance certificate?
If you’ve stayed in a country more than 6 months continuously, in the last 10 years of period before you applied, you need to submit police clearance certificate for each of them.

After IRCC requests your PCC, you have 90 days to submit requested PCCs via web form.

Normally, you need to submit your PCCs together with your initial permanent residency application in the beginning of the Federal processing.

If you haven’t submitted those documents, most probably they will ask it from you during the process. They ask it generally 12+ months after your application date.

Medical requests are exactly like biometric requests, you can handle your medical examination in every recognized place that you want in the world.