+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

nikhil56

Jan 22, 2019
Thank you!
Here ‘s my timeline
4/2019 federal application
7/2019 aor & biometrics
1/31/2020 mmr & pre-arrival
3/2020 medical passed
5/2020 dm

hopefully, ppr will be next
I find your fast timeline exceptional to normal timelines for Quebec Skilled Worker category.
Because I also found your post in FSWP thread here in 2015 : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fswp-2014-pinoy-aspirants-lets-connect-here.198983/post-3884359
But congratulations for the DM.

mj1020

Dec 18, 2014
I find your fast timeline exceptional to normal timelines for Quebec Skilled Worker category.
Because I also found your post in FSWP thread here in 2015 : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fswp-2014-pinoy-aspirants-lets-connect-here.198983/post-3884359
But congratulations for the DM.
I applied for fswp through an agency 2014 but my application got rejected because the cap was reached. Then applied on my own for qwsp on 2015.

anapaulap

Nov 19, 2019
Hi,
Today I reached 100% in my timeline but no decision yet. I called IRCC and they said they added a note on May 8th that my PCC was received on April 1st and that they do not have more info since the background check continues. I guess the delay is due to the outbreak so just wondering if anyone has reached 100% and has remained like this for a while?

Reactions: PetersAdrian

VCIce

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Why didn't you include your PCC with your application when you applied?
Your application would have processed much faster.
Not everyone can do that. Sometimes you need a request letter from IRCC to request the PCC, I believe that’s the case for people who lived in Mexico for example. Plus they can also request new PCCs after a year since they “expire”

anapaulap

Nov 19, 2019
Why didn't you include your PCC with your application when you applied?
Your application would have processed much faster.
As @VCIce mentions, the process for the Mexican PCC is a bit different when you are already in Canada, it has to be done through the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City and you can only submit it once IRCC requests it -the process is quite long as it takes about 4 months.

Reactions: PetersAdrian

josh_1982

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
For those who recently got DM, can you update once you get PPR? I got DM in March,13th and not news since then, and it seems we are many in that situation (inland application)

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
For those who recently got DM, can you update once you get PPR? I got DM in March,13th and not news since then, and it seems we are many in that situation (inland application)
HI josh_1982
Yeah I am one of those. Will do .. seems like its gonna take awhile now as our applications are paper based.

anapaulap

Nov 19, 2019
I don't think PCCs expires, but yes they can request one more time if you'd lived in a different country for more than 6 months while your processing is in progress.

Hmm I get it now why some people get DM in 15 17 months and why others wait 2 years.

By the way how long this whole process of your federal stage took?
This Wednesday (May 13th) will be exactly 22 months which is the current timeframe, I guess this is the reason why it is showing as 100% without an actual decision.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
This Wednesday (May 13th) will be exactly 22 months which is the current timeframe, I guess this is the reason why it is showing as 100% without an actual decision.
@anapaulap On May 16, for me it will be 22 months as well. You have similar status to me. I don't understand the display of 100%, while processing has still not been finalized!!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
For me, its the same. No decision made, yet 100%....
My file was transferred to LVO Pretoria and yesterday, i tried to contact them with the following messages:
"Thank you for contacting the Migration Office of the High Commission of Canada in South Africa. Due to safety measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) we are currently working with reduced staff.
Your enquiry received at this visa office will therefore not be responded to."
I therefore contacted IRCC Sydney with the following reply AT LEAST:
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process."
Im begging for my PR....my final word
Waiting kills!! But as they say “Patience is a virtue”. I hope after this long long wait, we hear the best part, which is, the approval of our pr applications ;)

Reactions: anapaulap and aeya

s4bs94

Nov 21, 2017
Anyone received MR in the last couple of months since this whole pandemic situation started? I am growing increasingly impatient... it's the only step remaining for me and my PGWP is expiring in July...

Reactions: Emoz

VCIce

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Anyone received MR in the last couple of months since this whole pandemic situation started? I am growing increasingly impatient... it's the only step remaining for me and my PGWP is expiring in July...
If you currently have a job and an employer in Quebec you can apply for a closed work permit (if your employer is willing to pay ~$230). I wouldn’t count on getting PR by July if I were you...people on this forum have gotten DM two months ago and still no official PPR/landing invitation

Last edited: