+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Zydrax8

Dec 15, 2019
No they will expire !!!!!!
I have 4 months of waiting according to my gckey accnt and medical is valid for 1 yr. i think doing it upfront will make my application move fast. My work permit is expiring soon and it worries me too much.

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
I have 4 months of waiting according to my gckey accnt and medical is valid for 1 yr. i think doing it upfront will make my application move fast. My work permit is expiring soon and it worries me too much.
Not Sure if that will work.
I submitted my medical with file and it got expired .When they started processing my file and ask me to submit my medical it took me 4 days from getting the request to the approval of it. So better don't submit in advance. Those days are gone when you submit your medical upfront and your file takes less time. You can get the medical done on next day of the request and it take fastest 2 days to 7 days to get approved your medical.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Would it be okay to do the upfront medical instead of waiting?my progress bar shows 17 weeks and haven’t gotten any request yet.
The medical letter is required when you go to have your medicals done. They copy it and enclose with your medicals which has a number. As such doing it in advance is of no use.

Italy

May 23, 2020
The medical letter is required when you go to have your medicals done. They copy it and enclose with your medicals which has a number. As such doing it in advance is of no use.
I have asked exactly this to CIC, trough webform, but no reply so far. It is unclear if the letter is really required.
I am in a similar situation as Zydrax8, with my PR application expected to be completed in 5 months and my work permit expiring not long after that (I have just renewed it after waiting CIC for 3 months when I was not covered by RAMQ and I hope to not have to renew it again).
Plus I will be abroad in September and October, far from any accepted medical clinics. I would need to get my medicals done by August.
I'll update this thread if CIC replies to me.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
Need help.
It has been 9 months and i have not yet received any application number from CIC.
My CSQ is expiring next week, and my work permit is expiring in September.

I've lost my job last month due to covid19 and my employer is not gonna hire me back untill October.

We got a job in food processing plant in region 200km outside of Montreal but they can't help me renew my work permit because my CSQ is expiring soon and as a proof, I only have a cic fees recipts and their reverted webform mail that my file is recieved. And my employer is telling me that we need cic file number to renew work permit.

What could be the solution? How do I get my file number CIC? Do I have to create an enquiry regarding this? I feel like I am scammed by CIC.

Me and my girlfriend already have a CSQ, applied to CIC for my PR before CSQ expired, already in quebec, having a job offer from region and employer is willing to help renewing our work permit but can't do that because pir file is not in process. What kind of system is this??
I thought with CSQ we could renew our work permits.
What a disappointment that CSQ has no power over CIC.:(:(
9 months seems really a lot, I waited "only" 3 months last year for that.
I would try to contact them asap: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Italy

May 23, 2020
Are you sure you need the PR app number and not the CSQ number? Nowhere is the need for the PR app number mentioned on IRCC CSQ work permit exemption page. I think your employer might be referring to the bridge open work permit process, which requires AOR and a file number (not 100% sure)
Other members here who have received their CSQ work permit might be able to tell you whether or not you need AOR.
I think the problem here is that his CSQ is expiring soon and the only way to not have it "expiring" is to have already applied for the PR. Not sure if it's a problem for the work permit renewal.
But you are right, I have never communicated the PR AOR, just the CSQ number, when I recently renewed my work permit.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
Need help.
It has been 9 months and i have not yet received any application number from CIC.
My CSQ is expiring next week, and my work permit is expiring in September.

I've lost my job last month due to covid19 and my employer is not gonna hire me back untill October.

We got a job in food processing plant in region 200km outside of Montreal but they can't help me renew my work permit because my CSQ is expiring soon and as a proof, I only have a cic fees recipts and their reverted webform mail that my file is recieved. And my employer is telling me that we need cic file number to renew work permit.

What could be the solution? How do I get my file number CIC? Do I have to create an enquiry regarding this? I feel like I am scammed by CIC.

Me and my girlfriend already have a CSQ, applied to CIC for my PR before CSQ expired, already in quebec, having a job offer from region and employer is willing to help renewing our work permit but can't do that because pir file is not in process. What kind of system is this??
I thought with CSQ we could renew our work permits.
What a disappointment that CSQ has no power over CIC.:(:(
CIC dont run any scams. Not sure how you got "scammed" by a Canadian Federal institution.
CSQ is just a provincial nomination certificate. Its Canada's CIC decides who gets to stay/work. CSQ from Quebec have no "power" over CIC because the last time I checked, Quebec is not a country and Canada is. If anyone has told you otherwise, they are terribly misinformed or a separatist who lives in a bubble & salutes Quebec flag every morning before they go to work. Don't patronize Quebec immigration system. Its because of Quebec's immigration system's idiosyncrasies that you are now in a pickle.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Question for CSQ work permit holders:

Is the 2-year work permit validity based on the CSQ validity?
So, would I only get two years of closed work permit if I apply right when I get my CSQ? Or say, my CSQ expires in 2022, if I apply for a work permit in summer 2021 (when my PGWP expires), would I still get two full years ? I’m currently in Quebec and employed in one of their “high demand” fields, and I’m waiting for federal AOR on my QSW application
Thank you!
I don't think there is a relationship between work permit validity and CSQ validity.
The validity of your work permit depends on a lot of factors, like passport expiry, job role, subjective decision from the Immigration agent.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Yeah I understand that, my passport expires in 4 years and I have a permanent job offer. How much time did you get on your work permit? If you don’t mind me asking
Until my passport expiry date.
The previous one was for 2 years. But I have colleagues that had it for 3 years and heard somebody else that had an extension for 6 months only, for no apparent reasons.
That's why I am saying it depends.

Reactions: VCIce

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Question for CSQ work permit holders:

Is the 2-year work permit validity based on the CSQ validity?
So, would I only get two years of closed work permit if I apply right when I get my CSQ? Or say, my CSQ expires in 2022, if I apply for a work permit in summer 2021 (when my PGWP expires), would I still get two full years ? I’m currently in Quebec and employed in one of their “high demand” fields, and I’m waiting for federal AOR on my QSW application
Thank you!
An expired CSQ has no bearing on how many years of work permit validity you get.
You will always get 2 years on a closed work permit unless some lucky ones who gets 3 years.

Work permits are valid for the duration of the job offer or until the expiry of the travel document, whichever is earlier, and cannot exceed 2 years. The work permit validity should not be impacted by the CSQ’s validity. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires.

Here is the source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

Reactions: VCIce

Leokun

May 25, 2018
An expired CSQ has no bearing on how many years of work permit validity you get.
You will always get 2 years on a closed work permit unless some lucky ones who gets 3 years.

Work permits are valid for the duration of the job offer or until the expiry of the travel document, whichever is earlier, and cannot exceed 2 years. The work permit validity should not be impacted by the CSQ’s validity. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires.

Here is the source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html
It's depends for what kind of work permit you apply. If your post-graduate work permit expires and you want to a close one for 2 years, you need a valid CSQ and AOR. It's not a job offer work permit, it's another kind of work permit, much easy and fast to get!

I did it last year at the border immigration office. It took me one day wait but I got my work permit the same day.

Reactions: PetersAdrian

Soroush1990

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
It's depends for what kind of work permit you apply. If your post-graduate work permit expires and you want to a close one for 2 years, you need a valid CSQ and AOR. It's not a job offer work permit, it's another kind of work permit, much easy and fast to get!

I did it last year at the border immigration office. It took me one day wait but I got my work permit the same day.
Hi
What is AOR?
Could you explain more what type of work permit is?