+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
The world is on pause, be realist! I don't think that MR are priority right now for any health system.

Right now, half of the country is jobless, salaries are reduced, for at least 6 months it'll be very, very difficult to find a job from outside. But you can apply for one of the Quebec's immigration programs, that will keep you busy for next 2 years.
The world is on pause, be realist! I don't think that MR are priority right now for any health system.

Right now, half of the country is jobless, salaries are reduced, for at least 6 months it'll be very, very difficult to find a job from outside. But you can apply for one of the Quebec's immigration programs, that will keep you busy for next 2 years.
@Leokun We are here to be positive and act with positivity towards one other. Besides, there are two persons on this forum that recently got a (decision made). As such, this is evidence for you that shows immigration authorities are actually processing the applications and processing of applications is still ongoing, unless otherwise stated by them. I had also said that we need to be patient in the current circumstance. It has nothing to do with being realistic or not. Positivity is the key for all of us here!

Reactions: Blessme00

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
@Leokun We are here to be positive and act with positivity towards one other. Besides, there are two persons on this forum that recently got a (decision made). As such, this is evidence for you that shows immigration authorities are actually processing the applications and processing of applications is still ongoing, unless otherwise stated by them. I had also said that we need to be patient in the current circumstance. It has nothing to do with being realistic or not. Positivity is the key for all of us here!
I agree with you on being positive but here is my opinion. Even though, IRCC works with %100 percent productivity during the Covid-19 outbreak, processing times would be effected due to travel restrictions.
If there is no plane, you can’t land. If people can’t land, backlog occurs. So simple as it is.

Again, let’s think that IRCC has no delays and they issue MRs like before. Many people could not perform their medical examination on time due to closure of medical facilities or governmental buildings in many countries. All IRCC updates that need to be handled by applicants such as getting criminal record paper to medical examinations are unfortunately backlogging now.

As long as this situation continues, the backlog will pile up.

Last edited:
Reactions: bassamkaaki

serge1985

Nov 17, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Beirut
Doc's Request.
02-03-2020
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
For me 6 months left. No MR yet
I believe we have the same timeline. My time-bar shows 6 months remaining. I received Pre-arrival services letter but still waiting for MR. Hopefully, Covid 19 will not last long so that we will be able to land this year

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I believe we have the same timeline. My time-bar shows 6 months remaining. I received Pre-arrival services letter but still waiting for MR. Hopefully, Covid 19 will not last long so that we will be able to land this year
I still didn't get Pre-arrival letter. When did u get it? Yes you are right hopefully we will land this year.

serge1985

Nov 17, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Beirut
Doc's Request.
02-03-2020
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Yes. I am
And waiting to leave asap...i received pre arrival on 3-3-2020. It’s strange though. I thought people receive this letter at a later stage, after doing the medicals. Fingers crossed.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Yes. I am
And waiting to leave asap...i received pre arrival on 3-3-2020. It’s strange though. I thought people receive this letter at a later stage, after doing the medicals. Fingers crossed.
Hi Serge,

Did you get a new line on ecas when you received pre arrival?

Thanks.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Is mine taking a long time or is this normal?

Date Received: July 6th, 2018
Date Submitted: September 30th, 2018
Medical Request: November 12th, 2019
Medical Approved: November 16th, 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: November 27th, 2019
Ghost Update: early February 2020

Estimated remaining processing time: 37 Day(s), 94% complete.
Estimated completion date: May 6, 2020

I'm a single person coming into Canada. I'm from the United States.

When I check this, it says "decision made," but its most recent update is: "medical results have been received."
Hi! I have an almost identical timeline, just wondering if you have received any other information? I am inland applicant from Mexico, and after our MRR we had to provide a PCC from Mexico that took forever (3 months) but they just arrived so I am wondering how much longer will it take?
Thanks!

bteufel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am inland applicant from Mexico, and after our MRR we had to provide a PCC from Mexico that took forever (3 months) but they just arrived so I am wondering how much longer will it take?
Hi! I'm also an inland applicant from Mexico, with a similar timeline:

APP: July 23th, 2018
AOR: September 20th, 2018
Medical Request: February 27th, 2020
PCC Request: February 27th, 2020

My documents for the PCC were received by the embassy in Mexico on March 2nd and sent to the FGR on March 17th. Do you remember the dates when they received your documents and when they issued your PCC? (Nevermind, found your posts: docs sent to FGR on Dec 27, PCC received on Apr 6 - so still a long wait for me)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020
Hi! I have an almost identical timeline, just wondering if you have received any other information? I am inland applicant from Mexico, and after our MRR we had to provide a PCC from Mexico that took forever (3 months) but they just arrived so I am wondering how much longer will it take?
Thanks!

No he recibido ninguna nueva información. PCC es Police Clearance Check? No tengo la menor idea cuánto tiempo esto va a tardar, pero espero que sea rápido para tod@s.

I haven't received any new information. Is PCC Police Clearance Check? I don't have any idea how long this is going to take, but I hope it'll be quick for all of us.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019

My documents for the PCC were received by the embassy in Mexico on March 2nd and sent to the FGR on March 17th. Do you remember the dates when they received your documents and when they issued your PCC? (Nevermind, found your posts: docs sent to FGR on Dec 27, PCC received on Apr 6 - so still a long wait for me)
Hi! We do have a very similar timeline, but my Medical and PCC were earlier:

Medical Request: November 18th, 2019
PCC Request: December 6th, 2019

IRCC confirmed they have them in file on April 6th but I am not sure when did they receive them. the Canadian Embassy stopped replying to emails when the covid-19 situation started so the last time they replied was on early March saying it was still in progress. Before they used to confirm the exact date when they submitted them to IRCC.

I contacted IRCC via the webform just after the 70 working days deadline passed and asked them if they had receive them as the embassy was no longer replying. It is a long process but it is faster for some people so hopefully yours will not take as long as mine. Good luck!

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
No he recibido ninguna nueva información. PCC es Police Clearance Check? No tengo la menor idea cuánto tiempo esto va a tardar, pero espero que sea rápido para tod@s.

I haven't received any new information. Is PCC Police Clearance Check? I don't have any idea how long this is going to take, but I hope it'll be quick for all of us.
Yes, it is the Police Clearance Check. Hopefully it will not take much longer. Good luck!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I agree with you on being positive but here is my opinion. Even though, IRCC works with %100 percent productivity during the Covid-19 outbreak, processing times would be effected due to travel restrictions.
If there is no plane, you can’t land. If people can’t land, backlog occurs. So simple as it is.

Again, let’s think that IRCC has no delays and they issue MRs like before. Many people could not perform their medical examination on time due to closure of medical facilities or governmental buildings in many countries. All IRCC updates that need to be handled by applicants such as getting criminal record paper to medical examinations are unfortunately backlogging now.

As long as this situation continues, the backlog will pile up.
I guess they will concentrate on files that their applicants have already finalized their medicals and criminal certificates before COvid-19 issue.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020

Can you see your time line (green line) percentage processed that is In ECAS? This will give you an idea of how long is left for your processing.