+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Yes. I am
And waiting to leave asap...i received pre arrival on 3-3-2020. It’s strange though. I thought people receive this letter at a later stage, after doing the medicals. Fingers crossed.
Am from Lebanon too but currently in the U.S. Is the pre-arrival letter a good sign for ppr? I received mine after my medicals were approved in December 2019 and criminal certificates were sent as well. Still waiting...

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
PCC request again? Shouldn't we submit PCC with application itself?
For inland applicants from Mexico, a letter from IRCC is required in order to request the PCC to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City (they do all the process with the Mexican authorities). They usually provide this letter when they request the medicals or a little bit after.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Ok folks, the processing time increased by a month to 23 months now.
I dont know when we will complete this catch up game with Quebec immigration. Now I have two things to thank for.

1 . The anti immigrant Quebec CAQ government.
(Now they will have even more reasons to cut economic immigrants quota when this pandemic is over)
2. The corona virus.

Huge huge mistake of coming to work in Quebec. Should have left Quebec long ago to other provinces to apply for Express Entry. Would have been a citizen by now. Hindsight is 20/20.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I guess they will concentrate on files that their applicants have already finalized their medicals and criminal certificates before COvid-19 issue.
It does not matter where they focus. Even they process without any delay, there will be backlog because of other reasons such as travel bans etc. And processing time will increase like today. It is again 23 months now.

When I first applied it was 17 months. So pity.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
It does not matter where they focus. Even they process without any delay, there will be backlog because of other reasons such as travel bans etc. And processing time will increase like today. It is again 23 months now.

When I first applied it was 17 months. So pity.
I see what you mean. Yes, we are waiting on fire to hear we finally made it, but more months are adding increasing the waiting time further! God help us.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Due to disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), processing times are no longer accurate. We’re working to process applications as quickly as possible. Find out how you’re affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Did you noticed this message on the top!?

Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.
The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.

Another message!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I was about to ask about this. My app still shows the same estimated completion date as yesterday, I have only one month to go.
Please update us on this if you see an increase on your estimated completion date within a few days time, as I cant see it due to my Lawyer representing me and has the GCKey. Thank you.