+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
You mean immediately? LoL.
Did I say immediately? It means it can be weeks after completing the Medical just like the others! I had an early medical, just completed and paid remedical. I guess late medicals is better than paying another medical.

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Thanks to the new CAQ government for all these delays at Federal stage. Seems like they are totally against immigrants and want to stop it somehow. But in Federal stage all what the Quebec government can do is to cut down the intake quotas so that Federal processing takes longer and longer and the applicants either give up or use Express Entry.

Quebec government is playing the long game here and working towards their next separation referendum and Bill 101 version 2 because immigrants will vote against separation and they dont want anyone who will vote against separation. It may not be obvious right now, but in the long run I think this is what CAQ government have in mind with their recent moves listed below.

1.Consolidating English school boards.
2. Bill 21, Bill 9
3. Removed D (diversity) from MIDI
4. Wants Bill 101 to be applied to all Federal offices in Quebec.
5. Wants Bill 101 to be applied to all sizes of employers even for companies with less than 50 employees.
6. Misuse of not withstanding clause to have their way.
7. Quebec values test and deportation of people who fails the tests.
8. Wanting full control of immigration.

Last edited:

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I got an email yesterday saying I can do my medical examination, I am soo happy, thanks GOD finally. I don't know how long after this will last this process but finally after these many years I got a good news :):)
Wao, wonderful news. May I know your application received date? This definitely generates a lot of hope for us.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks to the new CAQ government for all these delays at Federal stage. Seems like they are totally against immigrants and want to stop it somehow. But in Federal stage all what the Quebec government can do is to cut down the intake quotas so that Federal processing takes longer and longer and the applicants either give up or use Express Entry.

Quebec government is playing the long game here and working towards their next separation referendum and Bill 101 version 2 because immigrants will vote against separation and they dont want anyone who will vote against separation. It may not be obvious right now, but in the long run I think this is what CAQ government have in mind with their recent moves listed below.

1.Consolidating English school boards.
2. Bill 21, Bill 9
3. Removed D (diversity) from MIDI
4. Wants Bill 101 to be applied to all Federal offices in Quebec.
5. Wants Bill 101 to be applied to all sizes of employers even for companies with less than 50 employees.
6. Misuse of not withstanding clause to have their way.
7. Quebec values test and deportation of people who fails the tests.
8. Wanting full control of immigration.
Hi Nikhil, I agree with what you have mentioned. But let's bear in mind that this noise has been around for so many years. Quebec wants to become an independent country in the end with 100% control of everything. Sadly, this will not come true in the near future. Looking at their immigration process, I think its a political tussle between Quebec and Federal Government since Quebec does not want to participate in Expres Entry process as they fear to lose their share of power in that. Saying so, Federal would never invest resources in prioritizing Quebec applications, which coupled with the fact that there were countless csqs issued in 2016, the processing timeline has gone up.

I can anticipate changes happening, though most of these talks are gimmicks for election campaigns, but honestly, I don't feel anything major will happen as still, Canada has endless needs for immigration as they need more people to develop their larger unoccupied/uninhabited areas.

Hopefully, we will be in a position to hold our PR cards in our hands soon. I just pray to God that everything happens smoothly.

Reactions: Ogbeniyemi

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Wao, wonderful news. May I know your application received date? This definitely generates a lot of hope for us.

application received on December 2017
receipt February 2018
processing started on march 2018
medical requested September 2019

that's it but all process started on 2014

but I am really happy at least I got this news I will keep you guys posted thank you all

Reactions: ertarun

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thank you dear for the valuable doc
i already got my csq, now we are in the federal phase
You entered 2014 as application date and 2019 as AOR date in the spreadsheet. Clearly this is wrong? Then you added the information again, using different dates. I will delete the incorrect entry.

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello Everyone!
My cousin's wife went to Brampton through QSWP just two months back , got PR card but no Job yet, her husband is in outland and yet to get sponsorship by her due to deficit in her credit score. Now , he wants to apply for a visitor Visa to Canada. Is visiting Visa advisable or any other suggestions as it's gonna take him more than a year to join his wife through sponsorship. Waiting for suggestions..... Thank you.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello Everyone!
My cousin's wife went to Brampton through QSWP just two months back , got PR card but no Job yet, her husband is in outland and yet to get sponsorship by her due to deficit in her credit score. Now , he wants to apply for a visitor Visa to Canada. Is visiting Visa advisable or any other suggestions as it's gonna take him more than a year to join his wife through sponsorship. Waiting for suggestions..... Thank you.
With Visitor visa he can not work, but I think that he can apply for working visa since his wife has PR. This part of the forum is about Quebec, my be it is better to ask here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi :)

Yes. The trend is having medicals near the end of the processing time and PPR around 1 month after medical passed.
I won’t say expect the medicals soon, the only correspondance I got was :

“we acknowledge receipt of Roprf.
Request for medicals has not been sent as of the date of this email.
Request for medicals will be sent in due course.”

And it dates back to March 2019.

At least we’ll be hitting the 22month cap soon :oops:
I did my medical in January, already in 23th month. I called CIC, but they can only request information about my file and send it in 1 month. On other hand I see that many cases from 2018 are already closed. I think that it is very unfair to treat people like this, I find it discriminatory.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
I did my medical in January, already in 23th month. I called CIC, but they can only request information about my file and send it in 1 month. On other hand I see that many cases from 2018 are already closed. I think that it is very unfair to treat people like this, I find it discriminatory.
What do you mean that many cases in 2018 are already closed, maybe you mean- early 2018 applicants only. Those who applied April 2018 onwards have the same fate.

But I can feel you, getting the MR on your 23rd month is really frustrating. But who knows, maybe your other checks, Background, Security among others are already done. Maybe after your Medical passed, you’ll get your PR immediately in days. Just continue praying. Hoping for the best and good luck!

Last edited:

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
One Hundred Percent Agreed! Brain says this is the right way! But the heart does not know how to while away all this waiting time. It's a tough situation to cross.

I have myself completed waiting 11 months after Application Received date, with no updates whatsoever except for getting the AoR/UCI. This wait time really kills at times, with so many pending decisions in life, like switching a job in the home country, deciding on school admissions of the kid, extending house lease etc.. I hope things fall in place very soon.
May Lord continue keeping us all strong!
So true, sometimes its like unbearable, yet hopefully worthy. When you commence with whole process applying for the CSQ, that would take up to 4 years, then another 22-24 months for the PR and everything, you would simply get older and drain your mind up thinking about it. I started the whole thing in 2015 and got the CSQ in Nov 2018, applied for PR in Feb 2019, and then got the AOR in April 2019. I started the whole process all alone and now am a father of 2 adorable boys. I do believe they should, somehow, optimize the process to be shortened or something as its too very long. In fact even finding the right job would be no easy when you get older.
I wish all the best and I really like going through the posts and everything, you would get to know many new things in here.

Reactions: antoinetlj

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Hey guys, hope y'all doing well.

I have been following this thread lately and have few question regarding the processof selection.

My situation is as below.
I got my CSQ under peq- quebec diploma this July then Applied to federal level in August and currently waiting for AOR.
How much time does it take to get the AOR?

I have seen some people got it within a month of time. I sent my application to 49 dorchester street, Sydney, NS. By Canada expresspost and i didn't ask for sign when delivering the post to make their job easier, but now i am wondering is it the right adress or i should have used the PO Box adress?

In tracking it says delivered, but there is no person responsible who recieved my file since i haven't asked for a signature.
I am also doubting that the delivery guy just left the courier outside at the door or something. Can anyone please help me clearing this doubt who has the idea of how postal companies work? I am depressed thinking about it

Also, i have 4 months unofficial gap in my studies in canada, does it leave bad impression in officer's mind?

What's more is that i changed 4 or 5 jobs after i got my pgwp and currently i drives uber. Do I need to work as an employee in any company to get my application approved at federal level?

I have been living in quebec since 4 years now and i never travelled to my home or anywhere else, all i did is study, work and learning french, I have done all kind of jobs warehouse labour, call centers , truck drivers, tim hortons jobs and i declared everything in my schedule A form and i never partied in downtown or i haven't even visited niagra falls yet, but now
I am planning to travel to western canada, europe , south america and asian countries.
So my question is that am i allowed to work as an uber driver in quebec so that i ca be flexible and travel when i want or i have to start working for any employer with the dead end jobs?

What impact could be on my application if I travel too much?

Your help will be much appreciated.
hi !!
I received my AOR in Jan 17 2019 but actual receipt of application was september 6 just week after i posted . Hope this relax you.

SWEETY123

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Sharjah
Visa Office......
dubai
I applied PR through QSW program on March 2014,
1) CSQ approved on Sept-2018
2) File received at Federal on Feb 2019
4) AOR on April 2019
5) Bio-metrics done on may 2019
6) Waiting for medicals...