+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
I did my medical in January, already in 23th month. I called CIC, but they can only request information about my file and send it in 1 month. On other hand I see that many cases from 2018 are already closed. I think that it is very unfair to treat people like this, I find it discriminatory.
What do you mean that many cases in 2018 are already closed, maybe you mean- early 2018 applicants only. Those who applied April 2018 onwards have the same fate.

But I can feel you, getting the MR on your 23rd month is really frustrating. But who knows, maybe your other checks, Background, Security among others are already done. Maybe after your Medical passed, you’ll get your PR immediately in days. Just continue praying. Hoping for the best and good luck!

Last edited:

ballak1984

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
One Hundred Percent Agreed! Brain says this is the right way! But the heart does not know how to while away all this waiting time. It's a tough situation to cross.

I have myself completed waiting 11 months after Application Received date, with no updates whatsoever except for getting the AoR/UCI. This wait time really kills at times, with so many pending decisions in life, like switching a job in the home country, deciding on school admissions of the kid, extending house lease etc.. I hope things fall in place very soon.
May Lord continue keeping us all strong!
So true, sometimes its like unbearable, yet hopefully worthy. When you commence with whole process applying for the CSQ, that would take up to 4 years, then another 22-24 months for the PR and everything, you would simply get older and drain your mind up thinking about it. I started the whole thing in 2015 and got the CSQ in Nov 2018, applied for PR in Feb 2019, and then got the AOR in April 2019. I started the whole process all alone and now am a father of 2 adorable boys. I do believe they should, somehow, optimize the process to be shortened or something as its too very long. In fact even finding the right job would be no easy when you get older.
I wish all the best and I really like going through the posts and everything, you would get to know many new things in here.

Reactions: antoinetlj

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Hey guys, hope y'all doing well.

I have been following this thread lately and have few question regarding the processof selection.

My situation is as below.
I got my CSQ under peq- quebec diploma this July then Applied to federal level in August and currently waiting for AOR.
How much time does it take to get the AOR?

I have seen some people got it within a month of time. I sent my application to 49 dorchester street, Sydney, NS. By Canada expresspost and i didn't ask for sign when delivering the post to make their job easier, but now i am wondering is it the right adress or i should have used the PO Box adress?

In tracking it says delivered, but there is no person responsible who recieved my file since i haven't asked for a signature.
I am also doubting that the delivery guy just left the courier outside at the door or something. Can anyone please help me clearing this doubt who has the idea of how postal companies work? I am depressed thinking about it

Also, i have 4 months unofficial gap in my studies in canada, does it leave bad impression in officer's mind?

What's more is that i changed 4 or 5 jobs after i got my pgwp and currently i drives uber. Do I need to work as an employee in any company to get my application approved at federal level?

I have been living in quebec since 4 years now and i never travelled to my home or anywhere else, all i did is study, work and learning french, I have done all kind of jobs warehouse labour, call centers , truck drivers, tim hortons jobs and i declared everything in my schedule A form and i never partied in downtown or i haven't even visited niagra falls yet, but now
I am planning to travel to western canada, europe , south america and asian countries.
So my question is that am i allowed to work as an uber driver in quebec so that i ca be flexible and travel when i want or i have to start working for any employer with the dead end jobs?

What impact could be on my application if I travel too much?

Your help will be much appreciated.
hi !!
I received my AOR in Jan 17 2019 but actual receipt of application was september 6 just week after i posted . Hope this relax you.

SWEETY123

Jun 2, 2017
Sharjah
Visa Office......
dubai
I applied PR through QSW program on March 2014,
1) CSQ approved on Sept-2018
2) File received at Federal on Feb 2019
4) AOR on April 2019
5) Bio-metrics done on may 2019
6) Waiting for medicals...
Lets all hope for the best..:)

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
Hi All,

Can some one in group who got DM or ready for visa or COPR has checked their visa status in my after all DM - ready for visa and COPR now it says in process previously it was DM instated of in Process

may be is system error

please someone check and let me know.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hi All,

Can some one in group who got DM or ready for visa or COPR has checked their visa status in my after all DM - ready for visa and COPR now it says in process previously it was DM instated of in Process

may be is system error

Oh my! Having a DM is heavenly and all of a sudden it goes back to back to In Process is just frustrating. Im actually curious about this, do you have a time to call CIC? Pls update us about this. Im just waiting for DM too since all my BG is done since August 29. Btw, what’s your timeline? Thanks

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
Hi All,

may be is system error

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hi All,

may be is system error

Multiple posting!

racineba

Jul 5, 2017
HI All,
By the the Grace of God I have become a permanent resident.
Inland application with dependent (spouse)
  1. February 16 2018 Application sent
  2. March 24 2018 AOR
  3. April 4 2019 Additional document request ( they asked me to renew mine and my wife passport that was going to expire in less than 6 months)
  4. April 20 2019 We did upfront Medical
  5. May 24 2019 Medical passed
  6. August 26 2019 Additional document request and They gave us 7 days to send all the documents
  • IMM 008 Generic Form for Permanent residency
  • Schedule A for both my wife and myself
  • List of travel
  • Settlement Plan (because I live in Toronto)
  • Police certificates since 2017/03/24 (turns out I did not even need it even though they asked for it because I have not left Canada since 2017)
6". September 2 2019 Additional documents uploaded
7.September 13 2019 Decision Made and IRCC sent us correspondance for a landing Interview for the following week
8.September 20 2019 LAnding Interview and Confirmation of PR at the Etobicoke office (less than 10 minutes all they really asked for is "when we last entered the country and if we have comitted any crimes in Canada and elsewhere or if we had other dependents , very generic questions they ask of everybody)
The process took 19 months in total. It has been frustrating and discouraging at times especially when renewing my work permit but it's all over now all Praise and Thanks to God.
For those still waiting, there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers everyone. I wish, I hope I pray you all get your DM and PR soon.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI All,
By the the Grace of God I have become a permanent resident.
Inland application with dependent (spouse)
  1. February 16 2018 Application sent
  2. March 24 2018 AOR
  3. April 4 2019 Additional document request ( they asked me to renew mine and my wife passport that was going to expire in less than 6 months)
  4. April 20 2019 We did upfront Medical
  5. May 24 2019 Medical passed
  6. August 26 2019 Additional document request and They gave us 7 days to send all the documents
  • IMM 008 Generic Form for Permanent residency
  • Schedule A for both my wife and myself
  • List of travel
  • Settlement Plan (because I live in Toronto)
  • Police certificates since 2017/03/24 (turns out I did not even need it even though they asked for it because I have not left Canada since 2017)
6". September 2 2019 Additional documents uploaded
7.September 13 2019 Decision Made and IRCC sent us correspondance for a landing Interview for the following week
8.September 20 2019 LAnding Interview and Confirmation of PR at the Etobicoke office (less than 10 minutes all they really asked for is "when we last entered the country and if we have comitted any crimes in Canada and elsewhere or if we had other dependents , very generic questions they ask of everybody)
The process took 19 months in total. It has been frustrating and discouraging at times especially when renewing my work permit but it's all over now all Praise and Thanks to God.
For those still waiting, there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers everyone. I wish, I hope I pray you all get your DM and PR soon.
congratulations :D :D :D

Reactions: racineba

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
hi guys! gonna be landing soon in quebec... do you know if any documents are required besides visa, copr and passport? Do you need a proof of funds? If so, of how much? Thanks

Reactions: Calinda

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys! gonna be landing soon in quebec... do you know if any documents are required besides visa, copr and passport? Do you need a proof of funds? If so, of how much? Thanks
you need to have a copy or original of your CSQ along with other documents you mentioned. You only need to show proof of funds if you are carrying more than 10K CAD.

Reactions: rickdecakrd